He's out! *Added pictures*

KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Ethan James was born 4/8 at 6:35 pm, after a pitocin-induced 8-hour labor. He was born vaginally, but I did have to push in the OR just in case bc he was breech. Fortunately that part didn't take very long, and he came quite easily after the butt came down. He weighed in at 9 lb 15 oz and measured about 23 in (his legs didn't want to straighten from being folded in half and they didn't force it, so the measurement isn't very accurate). We just came home and I'm insanely tired. I'll post a story and pics when I have some "free time." ;)

I uploaded pictures today:
Right after birth
DSCN1792-vi.jpg

Later that night. You can see how his legs want to go up.
DSCN1798-vi.jpg

Going home. Ethan looks funny but Dylan is so freaking cute here.
DSCN1816-vi.jpg

Wrapped
DSCN1818-vi.jpg
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin

Comments

• LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    Congrats! I just posted on the non-hair board asking if anyone had heard from you. I'm so glad you didn't need a c-section. Good for you! Can't wait to see pictures of your little man!
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    Congratulations! I've been wondering how you were doing. You rest up and check in when you get a chance.
    ehLB.jpg
  • geminigemini Posts: 3,325Registered Users
    Congratulations!!! I'm glad it turned out okay and you didn't need a c-section. :)
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    Whoo-hoo! Welcome, Ethan!

I'm glad you and baby are doing well, Kaia...also glad about no c-section! :) That's always a plus!
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    Congratulations!!! That is one big baby boy! Looking forward to pictures of your beautiful boys.

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    YOU are my new birth hero! A ten pound breech birth. Wow. Just, WOW! Very impressive.

CONGRATULATIONS on your new son.
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Posts: 996Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Congrats on your BIG new boy!!! Love the name too! Get some rest, Mama!
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    Congratulations momma!! Glad to hear that things turned out so well!!!
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Goodness that's a big baby! Congrats on having the birth that you wanted. Welcome to little Ethan James!
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Congratulations! What an amazing birth story! Enjoy that little wonder bundle!

My oldest niece was breech and it was funny the way she'd flop from one side or the other instead of laying on her back. Put her down, floomp, on the side. Changing her diaper was hilarious.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    Congratulations and I love the name!!!
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • usedtobeDayzieusedtobeDayzie Posts: 78Registered Users
    Woohoo, and and congrats! I'm so glad to hear everything went well. Be sure to take care of yourself. Can't wait to hear the whole story.
    ...but you can call me Dayzie.
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Congratz! Wow big boy!
    *Cricket* wrote: »
    My oldest niece was breech and it was funny the way she'd flop from one side or the other instead of laying on her back. Put her down, floomp, on the side. Changing her diaper was hilarious.

My oldest son was like that, but he wasn't breech. First thing he did after he was born was flip over to the side. He learned real quick if he arched that back enough he'd flop over. His back was so flexible when he stretched, his head would touch his butt. By the time we left the hospital he was a pro.

By around 2 months or so, he was rolling onto his stomach so much that it was a losing battle getting him to sleep on his back. He was rolling over as fast as I was flipping him. It was actually pretty funny to watch. Between the two of us, he was pretty much continuously rolling until he ran out of room. Then I'd scoot him over and it'd start all over again.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    cympreni wrote: »
    Congratz! Wow big boy!
    *Cricket* wrote: »

My oldest son was like that, but he wasn't breech.

My daughter wasn't breech, but she had that typical breech ankles-up-to-the-ears position for her first couple weeks. She was vertex, but she must have been in the folded-pancake position that most breech's are in while in the womb. It was very amusing until she straightened out. New babies are really funny.
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Congratulations, glad all was well in the end. You do do big babies don't you!
    3b in South Australia.
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    Congratulations!
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • CurlyCurliesCurlyCurlies Posts: 1,641Registered Users
    YOU are my new birth hero! A ten pound breech birth. Wow. Just, WOW! Very impressive.

CONGRATULATIONS on your new son.

What she said! Congrats!:wav:
    33abhqq.gif
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Congratulations!
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,463Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Congrats!
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • JournalistJournalist Posts: 366Registered Users
    Congrats! Love the name! :occasion9:
    3a/b
    Protein sensitive
    med/low porosity/med texture
    Baking Soda/Vinegar rinses
    Suave Ocean Breeze
    HE TT Gel
    CG since April 12th '08! (No shampoo whatsoever!)
    Fotki
    I have more pictures up! :)
    Seattle for the Summer
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    I'm so so happy for you Kaia!! Congratulations!!!
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    I'm so happy for you and very very impressed! Congratulations, and I love his name. I hope you can get a little rest.
  • DelmaDelma Posts: 1,121Registered Users
    Wow, you are a frickin rock star! You must be soo proud. Congrats and I can't wait to see pics!!!

• KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks guys! I uploaded a few pictures in the OP as well.

I guess I am pretty proud of myself. Despite this being the best possible outcome under the circumstances, however, I am still feeling a lot of regret over not having a homebirth. The whole experience was extremely stressful, and they wouldn't let me hold the baby for almost 45 minutes because I was bleeding. By the time they gave him to me, instead of being naked and covered in goo like Dylan was when I first held him, he was wiped clean and wrapped in a hat and blanket. I almost wanted to unwrap him back to naked, but felt stupid doing that and making him cold for no reason. I don't know if that was a contributing factor, but I'm having a really hard time bonding with this baby. It doesn't even seem like he's mine, I feel like I'm carrying around some other lady's baby everywhere. I'm hoping this will resolve once I'm able to process my feelings about the birth. But he's very quiet and mellow, and is starting to nurse better (he was really sleepy at first), so I think maybe we just need to get to know each other better.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    Congratulations again! He is so stinkin CUTE!!!!!!

I hope that the bonding thing kicks in (I don't know about that, other than what I've learned on this site) and that you guys have all sorts of fun.

Good luck!
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    He is adorable! And looks a lot like Dylan...and Dylan looks so happy to be a big brother.

Both boys are just so cute! :flower:

I must admit, whenever I see a photo of D, I have baby urges...and this is coming from someone who doesn't want kids. His smile is just contagious.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    He looks exactly like his brother who looks exactly like you!! Congratulation again.

ETA: He looks so cozy wrapped up & Dylan is freaking cute. How is he taking to the new baby?
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    He's adorable! :)

I'm sure you guys will bond nicely now that you're home. Hospitals suck...it's so hectic and almost impossible to have a quiet moment together.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    He's sooooo cute. And he does look just like Dylan and you. I also love that you have him and D both rear-facing. They look so cute side-by-side!
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • SimbathekatSimbathekat Posts: 140Registered Users
    I know it's common for newborns not to look like anyone, but Ethan definitely looks like his big brother. Wow!

Congratulations honey!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file