CurlTalk

Bangs?

Any suggestions as to what to do while growing out bangs?

I used to be a chronic straightener with "sweepy" bangs. Now they are a giant curly poof on the side of my head.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
C is for Curly!
3a/b curls
Still searching for my HG

Comments

• Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users
    Shellynot has a pic of sideswept curly bangs on her blog here. Maybe this can help :)
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• cisforcurlycisforcurly Posts: 24Registered Users
    Very cute!

So far I've been clipping them back, but it makes me look/feel like I'm 12 again!

Great blog!
    C is for Curly!
    3a/b curls
  • sexyspiralssexyspirals Posts: 99Registered Users
    I'm not sure about your length, but I'm trying to grow out very short forehead "fringy" bangs (whoooah mistake!) When I scrunch in my product after washing, I take a teeeeeeeny tiny bit of gel between my first two fingers and I attempt to clump the bangs together with a few of the longer pieces, twisting a bit and then pushing it out of my face. This usually helps -- sometimes the little pieces pop out and they're a little whispy and cute, but sometimes they stick out oddly so I just twist them (dry) and pin them back with a bobby pin, or I have a headband day.

Here's an example of my bang curls just sort of hanging out. They're a little annoying but generally don't look awful.
    107_0061.jpg?t=1239327149
    (Please ignore the dorky-ness of this picture)

Hope this helps :)

Hair type: Fine, fairly porous, shoulder length when curly. Probably a 3a or 3b with tight ringlets now that it's getting longer. Hair loves aloe, hates glycerin.

Co-Wash: Suave Naturals Aloe and Waterlily (my HG conditioner!)
    Rinse Out: Garnier Sleek and Shine, Trevor Sorbie curl conditioner (UK only, unfortunately)
    Stylers: KCCC, AG Re:coil, TIGI mousse, but open to suggestions!
    Gels: BRHG (my one and only)

CG since 03/28/09
  • cisforcurlycisforcurly Posts: 24Registered Users
    You have very nice curls, and I love your bangs!

Dorkiness--welcome to my world. :laughing6:
    C is for Curly!
    3a/b curls