Eye Make-Up Allergies

hipchickhipchick Posts: 350Registered Users
I tried Physician's Formula as recommended and I am allergic to it. My eyes start tearing from it and my lid gets red and puffy. Are there any other non-allergenic brands that I could try?

Comments

• RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think Almay is although I can not use their eyeliner. It seems to aggravate me. But most of their other stuff does ok for me. I think Clinque is supposed to be too but most all their stuff aggravates me too. I guess that isn't much help, huh?

I use Loreal eyeshadow and do ok with that.
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
  • KurleeEdnaKurleeEdna Posts: 714Registered Users
    What were you using? Mascara? Eye shadow? Eye liner? Have you tried products with less chemicals and more natural ingredients? (Look out for anything that has triethanolamine. I don't really know what it is, but I understand this can cause some serious reactions.)

If you haven't already, you might want to try this website to help you find products that aren't so toxic. http://www.cosmeticdatabase.com/index.php

I struggle with all kinds of allergies, so I'm searching for good hypo-allergenic products, too. So, far, I like Bare Escentuals best.

If you do find something great, please share! :blob5:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
    - Charlie Brown
    HEY!!! Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/kurleeedna

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file