CurlTalk

What's the greatest number of times you've "done" your hair in one day?

2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,480Registered Users
For me, it's 3 times. Once (last summer)I did it, didn't like it, did it again and liked it. But then I got a new product in the mail in the afternoon and had to try it right away! Anyone else?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

Comments

• CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    Well, back in the day I could have done my hair three times easily! Now I think the most has been twice and that aS only because I had gotten new stuff in the mail. My hair has been looking pretty good so I leave it. :)
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlymix%2F" class="Popup
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users
    Ha! I was just looking at my bottle of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink] earlier today, thinking, "How in the hell did I go through so much of that stuff in such a short time!?"

Then I realized it was from doing my hair multiple times a day, in order to figure out how to ues the stuff! I only got it week before last and it's 3/4 gone already.

Then I was trying to remember how many times I've done my hair in one day, as of late. The answer I came up with was 3, but it was in a 24-hour period, not just one normal day.

The good news is I think I've finally figured [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink]/[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] out. And now I can go back to doing my hair once a week [washing] and once a day [refreshing]. Aaaaaahh.
  • KailahKailah Posts: 62Registered Users
    I would guess about 3 times. In the last few weeks I've done it twice a couple times b/c I get all frizzy. :( With all these curlies getting 2nd day hair, I KNOW it's possible for me to get all day hair. LOL. And the search continues.....:D
    3a/b course shoulder length bob
    Low Poo: GTTT
    Condish: Giovanni 50/50, Giovanni Smooth as Silk, KCKT, LVPNG
    Styling: Condish as a leave in, KCCC & BRHG, AOMM
    Scrunching with CLU towels
    Currently trying & not really liking: Ohm SHP or DMCCB...still experimenting, I guess
  • PheebiePheebie Posts: 177Registered Users
    I'd say three. It was a rare occasion. I've had to "do" my hair (start to finish) twice several times, though not lately, thank goodness.
    Hair Type: 3A/3B; natural color; mid-back length.
    Shampoo: Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus (2 - 3 times/week)
    Fave Rinse-Out Conditioners: HE Hello Hydration; Yes to Blueberries; GVP Conditioning Balm;
    Styling Routine: Squish-scrunch product /conditioner into soaking wet, upside down hair; plop for 10 minutes, air dry. (Diffuser dry front section.)
    Fave Styling Products: KCKT; Tigi Curl Amplifier Creme; Batia & Aleeza gel; Giovanni Sunset Styler; LA Looks Sport Gel.
  • saricurlsaricurl Posts: 121Registered Users
    Never more than once. Even on the very worst hair day. I am verrrrryyyyyy lazy.
    3b with a little 3a
    Mostly CG, but I love me some amodimethicone.

Cleanse: V05 Kiwi Lime Clarifying Conditioner; CJ Hibiscus Bliss low poo; LLL Green Tea Cleanse
    Rinse-Out: Kenra moisturizing conditioner, Redken All Soft (old formula), LVPNG, LVPHG
    Leave-In: Agave nectar plus Sebastian Potion 9 or Aloeba
    Style: Dab of QCCC, Re:Coil or Mop-C under BRHG/HESMU combo

• CurlzillaCurlzilla Posts: 59Registered Users
    Oh wow. Recently I've been doing my hair multiple times a day trying to get the right method with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]. I'd say the tops would have been 3 times..but there's times I have to do mess-up rewets. I put in the product, start diffusing and notice stuff isn't going to turn out good. Or maybe I get mostly through the drying stage and mess with it too much or diffuse it on a wrong setting and have to re-wet it before it's half dried or rinse off some product. Usually once I do a mess-up rewet I start getting panicky or frustrated which leads to MORE mess-up rewettings. It's an endless cycle. I have a hard time completely staying away from my hair while it dries or touching it while diffusing because it takes soo long too dry and even longer with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]. Sometimes I am a little OCD about doing my hair. I think I need to quit rewetting and rediffusing...yet I continue. I wonder if they have any 12 step programs for this kind of thing?

Second day hair? hahaha what's that??? That's never going to happen here.
    REGIME
    Poos and Cleansers: KathyMac soap bars, Giovanni Tea Tree Conditioner, Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo, BB Curl Cleansing Conditioner, V05 Strawberry Cream

Deep Condition Treatments: CJ Deep Fix, Jessicurl OShea

Rinse Out Conditioner: Trader Joe Nourish, Giovanni 50/50, Biolage Conditioning Balm, LVPNG (I LOVE this stuff)

Leave-in: Giovanni Direct Leave In, KBB Nectar, KCKT

Styling: I heart KCCC, CJ Coco Curly Cream, Komaza Curly Pudding, Boots, Garnier Fructis Spray Gel
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    Twice is the most I've ever done in one day, I think, and that was because my hair came out bad the first time and I kept adding stuff - and adding stuff - and adding stuff - trying to fixi it until it was totally disgusting!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JusduitJusduit Posts: 578Registered Users
    I couldn't do it more than twice in one day even if I wanted to because of the ridiculous amount of time it takes to fully dry. :disgust: I just might have to consider getting one of the hard hat thingies. :laughing6:
    3a (protein sensitive)
    Fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Cleansers: Mop-C Hydrating Shampoo, JCGLS
    Conditioners: CJCR, TJTTT
    Leave-in: CJCR, CK Satin Roots
    Stylers: UFDCM, CJPP
    Standby items:GVP K-Pak
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users
    Jusduit wrote: »
    I couldn't do it more than twice in one day even if I wanted to because of the ridiculous amount of time it takes to fully dry. :disgust: I just might have to consider getting one of the hard hat thingies. :laughing6:
    Do it Do it!!!

2...I refuse to do it more than that...I'm just too lazy :glasses8:
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• RawrSallyRawrSally Posts: 1,388Registered Users
    I don't think I've ever done it twice... I'm really lazy.
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users
    Twice is my max. Sometimes experiments don't go right and I need a redo.

Today for example I had remanants of shea butter from an experiment 3 days ago. My hair was tangly and gross so I had to clarify once I got home from work.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    I'd have to guess 3 times. :dontknow:
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,677Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    I only ever do it once - if it's a mess I just tie it back.

I think I may, in the past, have redone it if I've been going out at night, but I can't actually remember doing so.
    3b in South Australia.
  • goldencurls8goldencurls8 Posts: 115Registered Users
    I'm surprised no one else has mentioned haircut day re-do's! Mine gets done three times on those days - once to make it look good for the hairdressers, so they can see how it's supposed to look, then they style it into some monstrosity there, then I race home as quickly as possible and re-wet/condition/sometimes re-wash if they've put silicones in. So my hair takes a real beating on haircut day! Other than that, new products sometimes I will re-do, or if I have a special occasion/going out at night might require it. Phew it's exhausting! Then again I was getting ready for a night out with some straight haired friends and they spent an age straightening their hair while I was good to go!
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    I think may have done it twice - once - because of a new product purchase. But really my hair has to be really really really bad to make me break out of my 7 day cycle. Sooooooo lazy.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fwhatsercurl%2F" class="Popup

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    Twice, I normally only re-style if if I'm going out in the evening.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users
    3 times! It was in the Winter and was having build up and frizz it was just awful. I couldn't get my hair to feel right so I just kept doing it over and over....
    UGH.............
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    msgiblet wrote: »
    Twice is the most I've ever done in one day, I think, and that was because my hair came out bad the first time and I kept adding stuff - and adding stuff - and adding stuff - trying to fixi it until it was totally disgusting!

I go from adding stuff when it's wet to adding stuff after it's dry (and already looks horrid) and that is really BAD news on my hair. I know it and there are times I still do it. So yes, twice for me too.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • KailahKailah Posts: 62Registered Users
    I'm surprised no one else has mentioned haircut day re-do's! Mine gets done three times on those days - once to make it look good for the hairdressers, so they can see how it's supposed to look, then they style it into some monstrosity there, then I race home as quickly as possible and re-wet/condition/sometimes re-wash if they've put silicones in. So my hair takes a real beating on haircut day! Other than that, new products sometimes I will re-do, or if I have a special occasion/going out at night might require it. Phew it's exhausting! Then again I was getting ready for a night out with some straight haired friends and they spent an age straightening their hair while I was good to go!

Oh yes! Haircut day. Guarantees at least 2 style sessions. My hair FREAKS OUT after being cut so I usually style twice a day for 2 days to calm it down. If I don't, I end up with really bad hair for about 5 days.
    3a/b course shoulder length bob
    Low Poo: GTTT
    Condish: Giovanni 50/50, Giovanni Smooth as Silk, KCKT, LVPNG
    Styling: Condish as a leave in, KCCC & BRHG, AOMM
    Scrunching with CLU towels
    Currently trying & not really liking: Ohm SHP or DMCCB...still experimenting, I guess