Get perfect clumps when shampooing

pinksugarpinksugar Posts: 2,346Registered Users
I don't really have a question....just talking.

I've been noticing lately that I get the clumps I always want after I shampoo my hair. I have the best hair days after I shampoo! I currently shampoo once a week. But then the next day it's back to stringy curls for a week. :sad7:

A few months ago I started pooing more because I thought I needed to and really dried out my hair. My ends were so bad that my hair stylist cut off 2". My hair is in a healthy state again and I don't want to go back to daily shampooing, I just want the clumpy/fuller curls I get once a week. :?

Just thought I should mention I have tried rotating my products, changing mousse to gel back to mousse, and switching conditioners. The only day I get the clumpy curls is the day I shampoo.

Comments

• notegalnotegal Posts: 560Registered Users
    I only shampoo once a week, otherwise my hair gets super crazy. I have the same problem with only having good hair the day I shampoo as well.
    "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for."
    Ernest Hemingway

CG since June 15th, 2008:dog::love5::elephant:
    3b very thick hair with very kinky (possibly 3c) curls underneath
    Went Deva Care line beginning
    September 23, 2009
    Update: 10/12/2009 I can't stop playing with my curls!! So soft, shiny and manageable!!!! IN LOVE WITH DEVA Products!!!!!! YIPPPIE!!!!:wav:

• msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    What are you doing in between the time you shampoo - co-washing, water washing..??
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • notegalnotegal Posts: 560Registered Users
    I co-wash in-between shampooing, but maybe I don't use enough conditioner or something. I haven't tried everything yet, I'm still experimenting.
    "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for."
    Ernest Hemingway

CG since June 15th, 2008:dog::love5::elephant:
    3b very thick hair with very kinky (possibly 3c) curls underneath
    Went Deva Care line beginning
    September 23, 2009
    Update: 10/12/2009 I can't stop playing with my curls!! So soft, shiny and manageable!!!! IN LOVE WITH DEVA Products!!!!!! YIPPPIE!!!!:wav:

• *COLLEE**COLLEE* Posts: 95Registered Users
    I have the most awesome hair days when I shampoo too. And the more wrong (super clarifying with sulfates) the better. And a protein DT after and I have the best hair day.:-?
    Lots of med/fine, med (low?) porosity, 2c/3a curls.
    Shamoo once a week
    Conditioners: Biolage Condish Balm, KCKT, JC aloeba, Hayashi system 911 emergency pak for a protein DT.
    Stylers: Recoil, Imply, BRHG.
  • Lil'curlsLil'curls Posts: 275Registered Users
    I noticed after I clarified once with a sulfate shampoo, I got some really great clumps for a day, and then they went back to being stringy.
    Teenage curly with 3a-3b course curls
    Shampoo: DCLP
    Rinse Out: GVP conditioning balm in winter. Devacurl One Condition in Summer
    Co Wash: Suave
    Styler: LA Looks Curl Gel
    Leave in: Devacurl One Condition

event.png

• pinksugarpinksugar Posts: 2,346Registered Users
    msgiblet wrote: »
    What are you doing in between the time you shampoo - co-washing, water washing..??

Funny you should ask this question. While I was out running an errand I was thinking about my post and thought the only thing I haven't changed is the co-wash conditioner (Suave Coconut). I only co-wash my scalp then rinse. I don't apply the Suave conditioner to my whole head. After I rinse, I apply leave-in conditioner.
    pinksugar wrote: »
    msgiblet wrote: »

Funny you should ask this question. While I was out running an errand I was thinking about my post and thought the only thing I haven't changed is the co-wash conditioner (Suave Coconut). I only co-wash my scalp then rinse. I don't apply the Suave conditioner to my whole head. After I rinse, I apply leave-in conditioner.

I also only co-wash my scalp, then rinse. But then I use a good quality rinse-out conditioner afterwards and then leave-in, if I'm using it. I always get clumpier hair on the days I don't use poo. I've always assumed it's because my hair is getting more moisture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pinksugarpinksugar Posts: 2,346Registered Users
    I haven't used a rinse out after my co-wash/before my leave-in in a couple years. The last and only time I tried it, my results were overconditioned hair. But that was also back when I really just started understanding products and curly hair. Maybe I should give it another try. Thanks for the suggestion!
    pinksugar wrote: »
    I haven't used a rinse out after my co-wash/before my leave-in in a couple years. The last and only time I tried it, my results were overconditioned hair. But that was also back when I really just started understanding products and curly hair. Maybe I should give it another try. Thanks for the suggestion!

I poo once or twice a week so that usually keeps me from getting overconditioned. I've tried just co-washing and then going straight to a leave-in, but it just wasn't enough moisture for my hair.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file