CurlTalk

anyone here speak russian?

tctc Posts: 986Registered Users
What do these words mean? I can't really put them into an online translator since they are not cyrillic characters.

mechtal
naiti
rasskazhi
straxovoi'
nachinaiu
nazivat'
pokrasivela
begaet
poschastlivilos'
nastoaiashaia
v obshem

Thanks...

Comments

  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    tc wrote: »
    What do these words mean? I can't really put them into an online translator since they are not cyrillic characters.

    mechtal
    naiti
    rasskazhi
    straxovoi'
    nachinaiu
    nazivat'
    pokrasivela
    begaet
    poschastlivilos'
    nastoaiashaia
    v obshem

    Thanks...

    I speak Russian. What's this for?
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

    Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • tctc Posts: 986Registered Users
    geeky wrote: »
    tc wrote: »
    What do these words mean? I can't really put them into an online translator since they are not cyrillic characters.

    mechtal
    naiti
    rasskazhi
    straxovoi'
    nachinaiu
    nazivat'
    pokrasivela
    begaet
    poschastlivilos'
    nastoaiashaia
    v obshem

    Thanks...

    I speak Russian. What's this for?

    I got an email from a Russian friend and I am trying to figure out what it says ... those are the words I don't know, but the rest was easy enough for me to understand it.
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    OK. I didn't want to do your homework for you or something like that


    mechtal = dreamed
    naiti = to find
    rasskazhi =tell me (as in "tell me a story")
    straxovoi' = Not sure. somehting to do with insurance, maybe?
    nachinaiu = I am starting
    nazivat' = to call
    pokrasivela = became more beautiful
    begaet = runs
    poschastlivilos' = got happier
    nastoaiashaia = real, genuine
    v obshem = in general

    HTH!
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

    Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • tctc Posts: 986Registered Users
    geeky wrote: »
    OK. I didn't want to do your homework for you or something like that


    mechtal = dreamed
    naiti = to find
    rasskazhi =tell me (as in "tell me a story")
    straxovoi' = Not sure. somehting to do with insurance, maybe?
    nachinaiu = I am starting
    nazivat' = to call
    pokrasivela = became more beautiful
    begaet = runs
    poschastlivilos' = got happier
    nastoaiashaia = real, genuine
    v obshem = in general

    HTH!

    awesome, thank you!! :)
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users
    Geeky ya beat me to it! I just finished looking all those words up. Well least I got some good practice! :thumbleft:
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    cympreni wrote: »
    Geeky ya beat me to it! I just finished looking all those words up. Well least I got some good practice! :thumbleft:

    I do have the advantage of being a native speaker
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

    Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    Wish you guys were here. I have a case with a pro se (unrepresented) Russian plaintiff. She is not proficient in English. Her son translates, but he's not exactly unbiased.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008