CurlTalk

So I got followed home today

FloatyTheFishFloatyTheFish Posts: 136Registered Users
Today when I was driving home from class I was followed home by a girl because according to her I cut her off. After I pulled out I noticed that the car behind me was tailgating me and the girl driving was screaming and giving me the middle finger. She was at the top of a hill when I pulled out so unless she was going 50 mph in a 25 mph zone there is no way I cut her off. She continued to follow me and I was starting to get worried because she pulled up behind me when I got to my apartment. She got out of her car and starting screaming at me to learn how to drive. Eventually she said "I got your license plate number so I hope nothing bad happens to your car". Then she backed all the way out of the parking lot so that I could not get her license number. I don't think that she is going to come back but seriously who does that??
Hair Type: 3a/b/c
«1

Comments

  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,455Registered Users
    Ugh, scary. Do you live at on-campus housing by chance -- or affiliated student housing? Maybe you can alert security.
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • FloatyTheFishFloatyTheFish Posts: 136Registered Users
    No I have an apartment off campus, but I plan on telling my landlord.
    Hair Type: 3a/b/c
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    You need to call the police immediately when you notice someone following you, and whatever you do, DO NOT GO HOME with someone following you, and DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR CAR. You were in serious danger driving to your home and getting out and confronting the crazy person. There are laws against road rage, but the laws cannot help you if you are dead because someone has let their temper get too far out of control and they happen to have a gun handy.

    Get a cell phone if you don't already have one.
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,380Registered Users
    Wow. that's concerning. Write down everything you remember about the car, her and the incident, just in case.

    I hope she was just having a bad day and not really planning to do anything stupid
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    No I have an apartment off campus, but I plan on telling my landlord.


    What would telling your landlord do? He has no authority to arrest someone.
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    You shouldn't drive to your apartment if you see some crazy person following. Its dangerous. Last thing you need is some psychopath knowing where you live.

    Happened to me on Friday. I drove past my neighborhood only to find out that the crazy girl that flipped me off for not getting to the red light fast enough LIVES IN my neighborhood. I'm on the look out for her stupid car now. Sucks to be her.
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

    Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlymix%2F" class="Popup
    pw: curls

    Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • FloatyTheFishFloatyTheFish Posts: 136Registered Users
    I did not realize that she was following me home until I pulled in. The reason I was questioning it was because she had a car very similar to someone else who lives in my complex so I thought that maybe it was the same person. If I had gotten her number I would have absolutely called the cops right away.
    Hair Type: 3a/b/c
  • lauraloolauraloo Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    Does your apartment building's parking lot have security cameras? If they do you should absolutely report her to the police.

    That sounds like a serious anger management problem. Let's say you actually did cut her off (not saying you did, just a scenario). What's it going to matter in the long run? Is it going to make her drive any shorter? Is it going to ruin her day? People really need to take a chill pill.
    Not all who wander are lost.

    Fine and thin 3a. PW: curls
  • FloatyTheFishFloatyTheFish Posts: 136Registered Users
    No I have an apartment off campus, but I plan on telling my landlord.


    What would telling your landlord do? He has no authority to arrest someone.

    Just in case she shows up again and he notices something suspicious that I don't. I don't see any harm in just letting him know.
    Hair Type: 3a/b/c
  • FloatyTheFishFloatyTheFish Posts: 136Registered Users
    lauraloo wrote: »
    Does your apartment building's parking lot have security cameras? If they do you should absolutely report her to the police.

    That sounds like a serious anger management problem. Let's say you actually did cut her off (not saying you did, just a scenario). What's it going to matter in the long run? Is it going to make her drive any shorter? Is it going to ruin her day? People really need to take a chill pill.

    I know she could not have been in too much of a hurry if she had time to follow me home and yell at me. I had a friend with me too which helped because she was there to witness it.
    Hair Type: 3a/b/c
  • KindredsTwin1983KindredsTwin1983 Posts: 347Registered Users
    She's way out of line. I agree with calling the police. Let them deal with her, I'll bet she has a history of this. Crazy b#tch.

    God help the person that steals her parking spot or is driving too slow in front of her.
    Hair Type - 3c, with a touch of 4a and a touch of 3b

    Favorite Detangler - Any conditioner with high amount of behentrimonium mehtosulfate

    Favorite Leave-in Conditioners - Suave Coconut, Giovanni Smooth and Silk and Giovanni Direct Leave-in, Pantene Relaxed and Natural

    Favorite Hair Moisturizers - Silk Elements Hairdress
  • brown_eyedgal20brown_eyedgal20 Posts: 412Registered Users
    Crazy people do that. I think people need to relax a bit on the road! Let the stuff go...
    2c/3aMiii

    Loving JC and CK products...:) Been loving them for 3 years...looking to branch out and try new things!!!
  • midgimidgi Posts: 2,409Registered Users
    Crazy people do that. I think people need to relax a bit on the road! Let the stuff go...

    I used to live in Naples too! Within the first 3 hours of me being in that city, my family was on the highway and a car cut us off, only to run over a guy on a moped that was right in front of us.

    All the shattered plastic from the moped flew back and hit the windshield of our car and the driver had to swerve. The guy on the moped flew like a projectile across 3 lanes of traffic and his body rolled toward the shoulder. Nobody stopped (not even our driver) and the guy who hit him sped away. My mom, my sister and I all burst into tears lol

    I live in DC now and people think traffic/driving HERE is bad. They have no idea.

    As for the OP, I agree that you should try to report that girl to the police. In the past couple years there has been a lot of legislation in regards to road rage and prosecuting the people who go to extremes.
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If I think someone is following me or doing something really scary, I immediately pull out my cell phone just in case. I have called 911 about aggressive and/or drunk drivers. In situations where someone has followed me, I have driven to the closest police station. I don't differentiate between men and women because, frankly, I know too many women that carry guns. If someone is crazy enough to follow a stranger and be that aggressive, I have no doubt it could escalate into something deadly.

    It's not like this sort of thing happens to me every day, but in 25+ years of city driving, it's happened enough that I have a plan.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

    Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • LisaF1163LisaF1163 Posts: 1,079Registered Users
    No I have an apartment off campus, but I plan on telling my landlord.
    You need to call the COPS. She threatened you, plain and simple.
    CG since 1/09. Protein and Mag Sulfate sensitive.
    Hair Type - 3A.
    Co-wash - Jane Carter Solution Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner.
    Low-poo as needed - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shampoo.
    Cond./Leave-In - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner.
    Stylers - Jane Carter Solution Condition and Sculpt; Beautiful Curls Curl Defining Gel.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    wow...anger management.

    Anyways, a supposedly cut off another driver once and she proceeded to tell me how I almost killed her and her husband. OK, lady. We didn't collide or even almost collide. Plus, as in the OP's case, I had plenty of time and room to pull out but maybe the other driver was going too fast.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

    I am the new Black.

    "Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    Yes. Please call the police and give a description. Hopefully they can keep a closer eye on your parking lot than usual as a result.

    This sounds scary. I hope you never see her again.
  • midgimidgi Posts: 2,409Registered Users
    How did anger on the road get to be such a trend? I blame cell phone radiation poisoning in the brain.
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    Today when I was driving home from class I was followed home by a girl because according to her I cut her off. After I pulled out I noticed that the car behind me was tailgating me and the girl driving was screaming and giving me the middle finger. She was at the top of a hill when I pulled out so unless she was going 50 mph in a 25 mph zone there is no way I cut her off. She continued to follow me and I was starting to get worried because she pulled up behind me when I got to my apartment. She got out of her car and starting screaming at me to learn how to drive. Eventually she said "I got your license plate number so I hope nothing bad happens to your car". Then she backed all the way out of the parking lot so that I could not get her license number. I don't think that she is going to come back but seriously who does that??
    I did not realize that she was following me home until I pulled in. The reason I was questioning it was because she had a car very similar to someone else who lives in my complex so I thought that maybe it was the same person. If I had gotten her number I would have absolutely called the cops right away.

    If you could see her giving you the finger after you pulled out, you didn't recognize her as the same car that was following you?

    Perhaps I am overly paranoid, but if a car seems to be following me and I am on my way home, I go a different route to see if the car keeps following me...most of the time, the car turns at the next street... better to be safe than sorry.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    You need to call the police immediately when you notice someone following you, and whatever you do, DO NOT GO HOME with someone following you, and DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR CAR. You were in serious danger driving to your home and getting out and confronting the crazy person. There are laws against road rage, but the laws cannot help you if you are dead because someone has let their temper get too far out of control and they happen to have a gun handy.

    Get a cell phone if you don't already have one.

    Co-sign 1,000,000% with this post.

    And, for everybody, PLEASE STAY ALERT AND OBSERVANT, in any situation. Nobody would ever, EVER be able to follow me home without my knowing it, because my eyes are constantly roaming in the rearview mirror, and keeping an eye on everything around me. There have been times when a car was driving too close behind me for too long of a time (making the same turns I was making, etc.) at night, and I have deliberately made steps to NOT go home because of it. Nothing ever came of the incidents; they all ended up just being coincidences. But I don't take any chances.

    I don't even like when people ride flush with me (side-by-side) for long periods of time. I either deliberately slow down, change lanes or get out of the way (safely, of course).
  • MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    The best thing to do if you think you're being followed (especially by someone as obviously hostile as this) is to drive to a local police or fire station. There's always someone at a police or fire station, there's usually ample lighting that will intimidate most people away from messing with you. And RCW is right, you shouldn't even get out of your car in this circumstance.

    You clearly know the make of the car, and presumably got a good look at the woman... I'd report her to the police. If you don't, and she follows through on her threats, it'll be that much more difficult for her to get what's coming to her. Plus, you don't know if she makes a habit of intimidating people on the road... if people don't report when someone threatens them, it's that much more difficult to get a crazy person off the roads.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • FloatyTheFishFloatyTheFish Posts: 136Registered Users
    Windflower wrote: »
    Today when I was driving home from class I was followed home by a girl because according to her I cut her off. After I pulled out I noticed that the car behind me was tailgating me and the girl driving was screaming and giving me the middle finger. She was at the top of a hill when I pulled out so unless she was going 50 mph in a 25 mph zone there is no way I cut her off. She continued to follow me and I was starting to get worried because she pulled up behind me when I got to my apartment. She got out of her car and starting screaming at me to learn how to drive. Eventually she said "I got your license plate number so I hope nothing bad happens to your car". Then she backed all the way out of the parking lot so that I could not get her license number. I don't think that she is going to come back but seriously who does that??
    I did not realize that she was following me home until I pulled in. The reason I was questioning it was because she had a car very similar to someone else who lives in my complex so I thought that maybe it was the same person. If I had gotten her number I would have absolutely called the cops right away.

    If you could see her giving you the finger after you pulled out, you didn't recognize her as the same car that was following you?

    Perhaps I am overly paranoid, but if a car seems to be following me and I am on my way home, I go a different route to see if the car keeps following me...most of the time, the car turns at the next street... better to be safe than sorry.

    I know it seems dumb, but it didn't even occur to me that she was following me HOME. I was less than a mile from my apartment and the route I take is taken by a lot of other people.

    ETA: I obviously could see her driving behind me the whole time, but like I said it is a very common road for people to take so it did not really seem strange that she was still behind me until she turned into the apartment complex with me.
    Hair Type: 3a/b/c
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    I did not realize that she was following me home until I pulled in. The reason I was questioning it was because she had a car very similar to someone else who lives in my complex so I thought that maybe it was the same person. If I had gotten her number I would have absolutely called the cops right away.


    OK. I can see how you didn't know it was her. Once you realized it was the road-rage-woman, though, you should have immediately gotten back in your car and not engaged her, at all, and opened your phone and dialed 911. You've got to shut down these types of people and not engaging them is the fastest way to do that. Don't try to reason with them. Don't try to argue or present your own witnesses. You need to ignore their tirades and call the police.

    Bullies need a victim, and if you won't talk to them, it frustrates them more than anything you could say to them. If you then use your phone to be proactive to protect yourself, it takes all the air out of their sails and they skulk away like the lowlifes that they are.
  • EkaetteEkaette Posts: 356Registered Users
    If you're being followed don't drive home, drive to a police station or a very public place where you're less likely to get attacked
    event.png

    4b natural
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,681Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Sorry, this is a bit OT, but when you say you couldn't get her license no. because she backed out, don't cars have license plates front and back in the US?
    3b in South Australia.
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    Starmie wrote: »
    Sorry, this is a bit OT, but when you say you couldn't get her license no. because she backed out, don't cars have license plates front and back in the US?

    Not all states require front and back plates.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    Site didn't seem very correct.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    Windflower wrote: »
    Starmie wrote: »
    Sorry, this is a bit OT, but when you say you couldn't get her license no. because she backed out, don't cars have license plates front and back in the US?

    Not all states require front and back plates.

    I know at least mine didn't used to - I remember sometime when I was in high school or maybe middle someone in my family talking about it.
    OMG, LOOK!!

    ...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    Starmie wrote: »
    Sorry, this is a bit OT, but when you say you couldn't get her license no. because she backed out, don't cars have license plates front and back in the US?


    The USA is like 50 little countries, rather than one country, so many laws vary by state. Many states only require a license plate on the rear of the car.
  • FloatyTheFishFloatyTheFish Posts: 136Registered Users
    I live in AZ, and no they do not require a front plate.
    Hair Type: 3a/b/c
«1