My Mr. Independent story

shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
So, River has been havign trouble sleeping while he has the Chicken Pox (understandable). He goes to sleep perfectly, but during the night, I can hear him through the monitor tossing, turning, whining, crying out in his sleep,etc. So, my husband went to get him & put him in our bed....he FREAKS OUT. He throws a hissy fit as my husband is picking him up, screaming "NO NO! NIGHT NIGHT!". We assume he is still sleeping, confused,etc. We put him in our bed with us & he gets MAD. He jumps out of our bed, runs down the hall, SLAMS his bedroom door. We follow him. He gets back in his own little toddler bed and covers up all pissed off...

Haha! HE didn't WANT to sleep withus! I felt so...dissed! He totally preferred to sleep alone-even if he wasn't very settled there...
A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey

Comments

• KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hahahaha! Maybe you guys smell funny or something? Just sayin'. ;)
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • curly_keltiecurly_keltie Posts: 791Registered Users
    Well, you can't argue with a door slam. That's pretty funny.
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    LOL...I wish I could get my kid to stay in her bed. She scared the tar out of me the night before last. At around 2 in the morning, I felt this tugging sensation...it was DD climbing over me to sleep between me and DH!
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    A pregnant friend & I were discussing what she thought about where her future child will sleep. She commented on having some other friends who co-sleep with their older children. She said that wasn't comfortable to her & her husband and they planned on her sleeping seperate from them. I told her my story and we laughed that our plan worked a little TOO well!

• subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    thats a cute story!
    Okay - I hear all these stories about people's children showing up at their bed side in the middle of the night. DS doesn't do this, mostly because I have put a child proof door handle cover on the inside of his bedroom door. The reason I did this is because the stairs that lead down from outside his bedroom end at the front door. If he stood on the bottom step, and was pretty focused, he could unlock the deadbolt on the front door.

Should I not be doing this?

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    Okay - I hear all these stories about people's children showing up at their bed side in the middle of the night. DS doesn't do this, mostly because I have put a child proof door handle cover on the inside of his bedroom door. The reason I did this is because the stairs that lead down from outside his bedroom end at the front door. If he stood on the bottom step, and was pretty focused, he could unlock the deadbolt on the front door.

Could you install a baby gate and leave open his door?
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
    Windflower wrote: »

Could you install a baby gate and leave open his door?

Nope - I firmly believe in closing bedrooms doors at night. It is safer in case of a fire.

Besides, I haven't owned a baby gate yet...no point buying one when he going to be 3 in September.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    Interesting about the fire...as a kid I was too afraid to have my door closed at night. And now, I have been watching to many forensic files sort of shows with kids being kidnapped from their homes. Even now as an adult, I don't like my door closed.

If I ever buy a house, I will make my bedroom a safe room and closed and lock the door just in case someone breaks in...maybe I am being to paranoid.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    When I was a child and my room was upstairs, my mom sawed the door in half horizontally. The two peices had a lock thingy, so you could keep it as a whole door or have the bottom shut & locked & the top open.

If I wanted to play in my room & she was downstairs cooking or cleanign or something, she would shut & lock the lower portion, so I wouldn't fall down the stairs. I can remember calling out my half door, "I'm ready to go DOWN now!!" when I was done playing in my room! I never felt "locked in" or anything b/c I was only in there when I wanted to be.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file