What do you serve at your birthday parties?

imagenimagen Posts: 343Registered Users
I'm planning Laura's party and was wondering what other people serve at their parties.

So, is it just cake and ice cream? Do you just do finger food or do you go all out with lots of food and cake?

FYI the party is from 1-3 pm.
.png

.png

Comments

• CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    I have pictured of me as a kid firmly planted in front of the veggies, chips, and dip.

I remember LOVING that stuff at birthday parties!!!!!
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    So far we've done family birthday parties only. We do lunch/brunch parties. We always do bagels and lox, with some veggies and maybe a salad or two like egg salad and bean salad. Because everyone loves bagels and lox and it is easy. Then cake and fruit for dessert.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • curly_keltiecurly_keltie Posts: 791Registered Users
    Finger foods and dips, and then cake. DS's last party, we had a veggie tray, a fruit tray, Munchies, mexi-dip and home-made punch. Then, of course, the cake!
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    We've always had parties in the afternoon around 3 or 4 to accommodate baby naps, so I don't want to serve a meal, but don't want people to be hungry. I served a couple hot appetizers, chips/veggies with dip, punch, and cake and ice cream.
    ehLB.jpg
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Gingerbread and lemonade.
  • CocoaCoilyCocoaCoily Posts: 2,648Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    For my daughter's last two birthdays, we went all out with the food and beverages, and had enough to feed a small army. Not this year. Burgers, hotdogs on the grill, and juice boxes for the kids. Ice cream cake for dessert. And that's it.

• rainshowerrainshower Posts: 4,420Registered Users
    as part of their birthday present, my husband and i let our kids pick what they want to eat (hotdogs, burgers, pizza, chicken, homemade mac and cheese, chinese food, etc.) the birthday meal is centered around lunch or dinner, depending on the things we have planned for them on their day. our parties are small, with guests including the most immediate of family and a close friend or two. no one that we've ever invited to their parties had dietary restrictions that kept them from eating and enjoying what we served.

cake, ice cream, chips, and lemonade for sure too!
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Our parties have all been family and close friends so we have grilled hotdogs and hamburgers plus chips and queso. Then cake and ice-cream. I'm pretty sure when we do a friends party it will just be cake and ice-cream...maybe a few snacks depending on the time of the party.

I don't plan on doing friend parties until the kid is in school...that's my plan and hopefully I'll stick to it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file