Really Awesome/all Natural Hair and skin care/ Lots of choices

CheesyToastCheesyToast Posts: 153Registered Users
Hey everybody, check out this website I have found.

I haven't ordered from them yet but I will next month.

They have a good selection of hair products and I finaly found a good shampoo as I experiance build up.
There it is.

You dont have to order from the site because the products there are a bit more expensive then if you were to go to the products manufacturer website,

they sell AO here too.

http://holisticbeauty.net/

here is the shampoo in case any protein sensitive curlies with dry hair but scalp build up come by:

http://holisticbeauty.net/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=142

Thank everybody, also...do tell if you have ordered from this site.
OS
Fine/Medium
High sheen
Spongy
Normal porousity
Healthy CBL unstretched Dec 2009
And APL unstretched August 2010
Fotki updated June 14th 09

Comments

• melaniesusanmelaniesusan Posts: 948Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The shampoo looks good - have you been using it for a while? I have a couple low poos that I like, but am always on the hunt for more natural options.

The site has interesting stuff. In addition to AO, they also have MGA (just ordered some of their sculpting gel) and Honeybee Gardens (love their mascara).
    hair type: 2B/3A
    low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
    condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab
    winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
    summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CIAB + Curl Queen
    http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair
  • CheesyToastCheesyToast Posts: 153Registered Users
    Hi,

Yeah, I plan on ordering some products next month...This month I hope to try that shampoo...as I really need one. It is a low-poo I just can't seem to use that term without feeling strange. :P

I found my hair after 3 uses in about 3 weeks...does not respond well to AOHR CO... Which is sort of dissapointing so I have to find a new CO and Leave-in and use AO as a DT.
    OS
    Fine/Medium
    High sheen
    Spongy
    Normal porousity
    Healthy CBL unstretched Dec 2009
    And APL unstretched August 2010
    Fotki updated June 14th 09
  • melaniesusanmelaniesusan Posts: 948Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I found my hair after 3 uses in about 3 weeks...does not respond well to AOHR CO... Which is sort of dissapointing so I have to find a new CO and Leave-in and use AO as a DT.

I find that I can't use super heavy conditioners as rinse out either. I haven't tried AOHR, but had a similar experience with the new Komaza Califia conditioner. It was just too heavy for me as a rinseout - my hair was overconditioned.

My current favorite conditioner is EO Rose and Chamomile (nourishing, for dry or treated hair). I can't use it every time, maybe every other time. But since your hair is 3C rather than 3A (like mine) you might be able to use it every time.

Currently I alternate EO Rose and Chamomile with LVPNG, which is a little lighter. The LVPNG is CG, but not very natural, so I'm currently looking for an alternative.

I recently bought three possible contenders: (1)Avalon Organics olive and grape seed condish (I've had good luck with their shampoo), (2) EO Chamomile & Honey (hydrating, for normal to dry hair), and (3) KBB herbal conditioner. My plan is to switch off between EO Rose and Chamomile and one of these three.

Here are some of the ingredient lists, in case you're interested in trying one of them out:

EO Rose & Chamomile conditioner ingredients:
    EO Organic Herbal Blend [Purified Water, Organic Chamomile* (Matricaria Recutita), Organic Aloe Vera* (Aloe Barbadensis), Organic Calendula* (Calendula Officinalis), Organic White Tea* (Camellia Sinensis), Organic Licorice (Glycyrrhiza Glabra) Root*, Organic Comfrey* (Symphytum Officinale), Organic Marshmallow* (Althaea Officinalis), and Organic Dandelion* (Taraxacum Officinale)], Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Polysorbate 60, Behenalkonium Chloride (and) Cetyl Alcohol, EO Essential Oil Blend, Safflower (Carthamnus Tinctorius) Oil, Amino Acids, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate.*Certified Organic

Avalon Organics Olive & Grape Seed conditioner ingredients: Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice(1), Cetearyl Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil(2), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil(3), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil(3), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed*) Seed Oil(4), Borago Officinalis Seed Oil(3), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil(4), Squalane, Panthenol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylhexylglycerin.

Karen's Body Beautiful herbal conditioner ingredients: Purifed Water, Grapeseed Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Vegetable Wax, Aloe Vera, Peppermint, Yucca, Horsetail, Nettle and Melissa Extracts, Panthenol, Essential and/or Fragrance Oils & Natural Enzymes
    hair type: 2B/3A
    low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
    condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab
    winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
    summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CIAB + Curl Queen
    http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file