i'm going crazy during this 2 week wait

22sunny2222sunny22 Posts: 22Registered Users
I don't even know why I'm posting...maybe hoping it will be therapeutic. We just started trying to have a baby and I'm now 11 days past ovulation going crazy wondering or not if it worked. I don't think I would be going crazy...except that I have had so many symptoms. So I totally feel pregnant...but the pregnancy tests that I've taken have come back negative. One turned positive after an hour or so but I think it was an evaporation line--that was the first one I took only 9 days past ovulation. I know it's still early but this is the longest wait ever! (I'm a teacher and am on spring break right now with nothing to do except sit around and wait--I don't feel great so it's hard to do much of anything for too long--which means all I do is obsess over this--like I'm doing right now :)).

These are my "pregnancy" symptoms (some have come and gone but most are pretty consistent):

(Sorry if this is TMI)

-creamy or eggwhite cervical fluid/mucus since I ovulated, with a hint of brown in my eggwhite cervical fluid once
-extreme extreme extreme fatigue
-extreme gas and bloating
-some mild nausea
-lots of cramping
-some dizziness and light headedness
-heartburn
-weird taste in my mouth and extreme thirst that I can't quench
-a very high temperature on day 9 (i'm charting) which hopefully indicated implantation--restlessness that night as a result of being so hot
-a few hot flashes
-breasts are not sore at all but nipples are more pronounced (breasts are usually very sore by now as it's 2 days before i start my period)
-feel constipated but am having at least 2 bowel movements a day (very unusual for me)
-backaches and sore in general (usual for me)
-some headaches
-a tiny bit of itchiness on breasts and nipples
-a tiny spot of blood when i blew my nose once

I totally totally feel pregnant (although I've never been before) and I think I've convinced myself that I am--I'm totally worried about being crushed and super disappointed if i'm not. (I just re-read this and I sound psychotic :)....but I'm going to post anyways).

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You need to learn some patience, or that 9 month wait is going to be excruciating for you. You'll need that patience to be a mom as well, because your kid(s) will try every ounce of your patience. It really is a virtue.
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    22sunny22 wrote: »
    I don't even know why I'm posting...maybe hoping it will be therapeutic. We just started trying to have a baby and I'm now 11 days past ovulation going crazy wondering or not if it worked. I don't think I would be going crazy...except that I have had so many symptoms. So I totally feel pregnant...but the pregnancy tests that I've taken have come back negative. One turned positive after an hour or so but I think it was an evaporation line--that was the first one I took only 9 days past ovulation. I know it's still early but this is the longest wait ever! (I'm a teacher and am on spring break right now with nothing to do except sit around and wait--I don't feel great so it's hard to do much of anything for too long--which means all I do is obsess over this--like I'm doing right now :)).

These are my "pregnancy" symptoms (some have come and gone but most are pretty consistent):

(Sorry if this is TMI)

-creamy or eggwhite cervical fluid/mucus since I ovulated, with a hint of brown in my eggwhite cervical fluid once
    -extreme extreme extreme fatigue
    -extreme gas and bloating
    -some mild nausea
    -lots of cramping
    -some dizziness and light headedness
    -heartburn
    -weird taste in my mouth and extreme thirst that I can't quench
    -a very high temperature on day 9 (i'm charting) which hopefully indicated implantation--restlessness that night as a result of being so hot
    -a few hot flashes
    -breasts are not sore at all but nipples are more pronounced (breasts are usually very sore by now as it's 2 days before i start my period)
    -feel constipated but am having at least 2 bowel movements a day (very unusual for me)
    -backaches and sore in general (usual for me)
    -some headaches
    -a tiny bit of itchiness on breasts and nipples
    -a tiny spot of blood when i blew my nose once

I totally totally feel pregnant (although I've never been before) and I think I've convinced myself that I am--I'm totally worried about being crushed and super disappointed if i'm not. (I just re-read this and I sound psychotic :)....but I'm going to post anyways).

1. Stop analyzing every little "symptom" or you will go crazy.

2. Do NOT read a pregnancy test after the allotted time in the instructions (it's usually 10 minutes or so). It is meaningless after the time is up--lines can appear or disappear and give you a false reading.

I agree with RCW, work on your patience--you will need it once you are pregnant! Good luck! :)
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Set a target date for testing and then try to forget about it until that time. I know, better said than done but if it doesn't happen immediately, you will drive yourself crazy every month. Good luck!
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file