Body Oil Recipe

Hi All --

I have recently rediscovered the softness that oil gives my skin. I was using baby oil, which is nothing but mineral oil, and while it gave my skin softness (and that signature scent) it also broke me out...not cool.

So I want to go the all natural oil route, but I am hitting the wall when trying to find a good ole' after shower/bath body oil recipe. I know what kinds of oil I would like to mix in it, sweet almond, apricot kernel, vitamin e, maybe some olive or some coconut oil, and whatever anyone else thinks is good, but I would like a good recipe for ratio purposes.

Thanks for any help or resources any can provide!
Last Relaxer - July 2007
Last Chop - October 2008
Favorite Products (thus far) - Giovanni Direct & 50/50, HSR w/coconut oil, HH, Kinky Curly
"Experiencing joy and sometimes pain, discovering this new hair!"

Comments

• shawnetteshawnette Posts: 482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hi All --

I have recently rediscovered the softness that oil gives my skin. I was using baby oil, which is nothing but mineral oil, and while it gave my skin softness (and that signature scent) it also broke me out...not cool.

So I want to go the all natural oil route, but I am hitting the wall when trying to find a good ole' after shower/bath body oil recipe. I know what kinds of oil I would like to mix in it, sweet almond, apricot kernel, vitamin e, maybe some olive or some coconut oil, and whatever anyone else thinks is good, but I would like a good recipe for ratio purposes.

All of these are good. I just mixed up one for my hair with Apricot Kernel, Vit. E, Tea Tree, Sweet Almond and Jojoba. I usually use baby oil after I shower, but yesterday I used my hair mix and my BF was all over me. "Ooh babe. You smell sooo good!" Lol. Guess I found my new after shower oil.

I didn't measure anything, but I know it was mostly Apricot Kernel (3 or 4oz), about 1oz Vit. E, 1oz Tea Tree and some Jojoba (1 or 2oz). I used more Apricot Kernel because it absorbs easily without a greasy fealing, like Jojoba, but its wayyy cheaper. The Tea Tree is a natural antiseptic (great for flakes!).
    Nappy is not an 'N' word.
    Photos:
    http://xrl.us/beauk7

Recipes:
    http://mixology101.ning.com/profile/shawnette
  • mochakiss82mochakiss82 Posts: 80Registered Users
    shawnette wrote: »
    Hi All --

All of these are good. I just mixed up one for my hair with Apricot Kernel, Vit. E, Tea Tree, Sweet Almond and Jojoba. I usually use baby oil after I shower, but yesterday I used my hair mix and my BF was all over me. "Ooh babe. You smell sooo good!" Lol. Guess I found my new after shower oil.

I didn't measure anything, but I know it was mostly Apricot Kernel (3 or 4oz), about 1oz Vit. E, 1oz Tea Tree and some Jojoba (1 or 2oz). I used more Apricot Kernel because it absorbs easily without a greasy fealing, like Jojoba, but its wayyy cheaper. The Tea Tree is a natural antiseptic (great for flakes!).

Thanks!!!
    Last Relaxer - July 2007
    Last Chop - October 2008
    Favorite Products (thus far) - Giovanni Direct & 50/50, HSR w/coconut oil, HH, Kinky Curly
    "Experiencing joy and sometimes pain, discovering this new hair!"
  • shawnetteshawnette Posts: 482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I forgot that I also added some Orange EO for scent to because of the Tea Tree oil (stinky/medicinal). It doesn't smell orangey, though, but the mixture of the orange with the tea tree smells nice.
    Nappy is not an 'N' word.
    Photos:
    http://xrl.us/beauk7

Recipes:
    http://mixology101.ning.com/profile/shawnette

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file