CurlTalk

I FINALLY Figured it out.

I finally figured out why I have super frizz. I haven't cut my hair, in 6 months, and most of that I treated my hair horribly. These last 3 weeks are the only time its gotten any kid of soft treatment. So basically I have split ends to almost my roots. Well my SO ikes my long hair and wouldnt let me cut it short, but i think I may go against his wishes and just cut it to shoulder length. To get a decent bit of the split ends off. I really really want my length but I want it to be healthy hair. So I think im going to do it. It will be about 6 inches or more.

So Cara has decided to get a shoulder length bob. it may change if the stylist im hoping to go to has a better opinion.

Anyways what would you all think??
A picture of me about 3 years ago with a shoulder length bob is attached.
CG Since : 03/15/09
3A, fine, low porosity
My Curr. Faves:
Cleansers: Daisy Fuentes C&W
Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm, GPB, LVPNG
Stylers: LVPNG, BRHG, KCCC, GVP CB
updated 04/29/2009

Comments

  • hotmustang46gthotmustang46gt Posts: 95Registered Users
    I cut about 4 inches off about 3 months ago and it was the best thing I've ever done. I'm still getting used to it being short but it feels and looks so much better!

    Good luck! You won't believe the difference it will make.

    BTW, I think you're hair is very pretty!
    3b/3c very thick and porous mod-CG since 03/09



  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    How exciting! I cut about 2 inches when I first started cg. Best thing I ever did.

    You are going to look great!
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

    Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlymix%2F" class="Popup
    pw: curls

    Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • CurlyCaraCurlyCara Posts: 399Registered Users
    Awww thanks you guys. I mean obviously ive done it before, but I lived in Florida at the time. Im also thinking it will be better in the summer in the new dry climate.
    CG Since : 03/15/09
    3A, fine, low porosity
    My Curr. Faves:
    Cleansers: Daisy Fuentes C&W
    Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm, GPB, LVPNG
    Stylers: LVPNG, BRHG, KCCC, GVP CB
    updated 04/29/2009
  • curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Posts: 2,034Registered Users
    I got four inches taken off a few weeks ago and am much happier now! She kept my long layers too. It's funny - it feels really short to me but still looks pretty long.

    I think shoulder-length would be great for you! Just be sure your stylist takes shrinkage into account when cutting. Mine is about two to three inches, and she got it perfect.
  • CurlyCaraCurlyCara Posts: 399Registered Users
    Yeah well when I figured out that I have split ends almost to my root, it sort of hurt, but I'm super excited to get my hair cut even though it wont be until mid may.
    CG Since : 03/15/09
    3A, fine, low porosity
    My Curr. Faves:
    Cleansers: Daisy Fuentes C&W
    Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm, GPB, LVPNG
    Stylers: LVPNG, BRHG, KCCC, GVP CB
    updated 04/29/2009
  • Katina128Katina128 Posts: 560Registered Users
    I love the bob on you. It's really cute! Oh, and does your shirt say Gibbs on it? I went to Gibbs High School in Knoxville, TN, but I'm sure it's not the same one, even though the colors are light blue and gold.
    CurlyCara wrote: »
    I finally figured out why I have super frizz. I haven't cut my hair, in 6 months, and most of that I treated my hair horribly. These last 3 weeks are the only time its gotten any kid of soft treatment. So basically I have split ends to almost my roots. Well my SO ikes my long hair and wouldnt let me cut it short, but i think I may go against his wishes and just cut it to shoulder length. To get a decent bit of the split ends off. I really really want my length but I want it to be healthy hair. So I think im going to do it. It will be about 6 inches or more.

    So Cara has decided to get a shoulder length bob. it may change if the stylist im hoping to go to has a better opinion.

    Anyways what would you all think??
    A picture of me about 3 years ago with a shoulder length bob is attached.
    Katina, 3a redhead with spirals/waves
    My Faves:
    CJ CCCC Lite, Mirracurls gel, Marie Dean Curly Styling Cream
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,571Registered Users
    It might be a good idea to cut off some damage. Do you see a lot of breakage or little hairs in the sink or anything? You'll probably appreciate less hair in the coming heat. :) And we can already see that it would look great on you. :D

    If the stylist intends to cut it wet, maybe have her snip a section while dry, a tad below the length you'll want after, to use as a cutting guide when wet.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • CurlyCaraCurlyCara Posts: 399Registered Users
    Hehe Yep it did say Gibbs High School, but it was in Saint Petersburg, Florida, and im vaguely thinking of pushing it a little farther and getting a chin length bob. I just want to get alot of the damage off. Plus it will get off alof of my dyed hair off also.
    Katina128 wrote: »
    I love the bob on you. It's really cute! Oh, and does your shirt say Gibbs on it? I went to Gibbs High School in Knoxville, TN, but I'm sure it's not the same one, even though the colors are light blue and gold.
    CurlyCara wrote: »
    I finally figured out why I have super frizz. I haven't cut my hair, in 6 months, and most of that I treated my hair horribly. These last 3 weeks are the only time its gotten any kid of soft treatment. So basically I have split ends to almost my roots. Well my SO ikes my long hair and wouldnt let me cut it short, but i think I may go against his wishes and just cut it to shoulder length. To get a decent bit of the split ends off. I really really want my length but I want it to be healthy hair. So I think im going to do it. It will be about 6 inches or more.

    So Cara has decided to get a shoulder length bob. it may change if the stylist im hoping to go to has a better opinion.

    Anyways what would you all think??
    A picture of me about 3 years ago with a shoulder length bob is attached.
    CG Since : 03/15/09
    3A, fine, low porosity
    My Curr. Faves:
    Cleansers: Daisy Fuentes C&W
    Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm, GPB, LVPNG
    Stylers: LVPNG, BRHG, KCCC, GVP CB
    updated 04/29/2009
  • CurlyCaraCurlyCara Posts: 399Registered Users
    CurliLocks wrote: »
    It might be a good idea to cut off some damage. Do you see a lot of breakage or little hairs in the sink or anything? You'll probably appreciate less hair in the coming heat. :) And we can already see that it would look great on you. :D

    If the stylist intends to cut it wet, maybe have her snip a section while dry, a tad below the length you'll want after, to use as a cutting guide when wet.

    Curli :love2:. I have alot of shedding, and i have alot of tangles, and if you pull down a section of my hair it looks like someone has taken a razor to it, but i havent had a razor taken to my hair in yearsss.

    Also i've been doing some research on stylists, and I'm planning on going to a place called Scarlet Salon, the gentleman im hoping to go to is DEVA trained, and has been recommended by a person on NC, and as far as I can assume he cuts dry which will be a bonus.

    Honestly, even though it's 11:45 I wish I could do it now.
    CG Since : 03/15/09
    3A, fine, low porosity
    My Curr. Faves:
    Cleansers: Daisy Fuentes C&W
    Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm, GPB, LVPNG
    Stylers: LVPNG, BRHG, KCCC, GVP CB
    updated 04/29/2009
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users
    Just a caution. With warm weather coming on, you will probably want to be able to put your hair up, and if it's cut too short (as in chin length), that won't be an option.

    IMO, it would be better not to have it cut too drastically in one fell swoop. You can always have it cut again. But if you have too much cut off the first time, there's no way, short of growing it again, to get the length back. And you may well find that shoulder length suits you. But if not, well, there are other haircuts where that one came from.

    Not to mention that your SO may be able to cope better with incremental changes.

    Peace,
    Morgan
    Peace,
    Morgan

    Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    I have no hair cut advice been growing mine for what seems like forever. Just wanted to say I'm glad you figured it out. I know you've been very frustrated with it.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

    Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:


    Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

    wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fwhatsercurl%2F" class="Popup

    PW: wavycurly

    Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    My first haircut after going CG really cleared up my dry crown/canopy. I haven't worn my hair straight in over 30 years, so it wasn't straightening damage. I did start with a shoulder length inverted bob. At this point, it grows so much--it starts out an inch or so below chin length and seems an inch or two above shoulder length in front when I get it cut six weeks later. Last time, I went for a little edgier cut--so the stack is really short and the angle is more severe. It's hair, it grows. IMHO, make yourself happy!
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

    HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurlyCaraCurlyCara Posts: 399Registered Users
    Just a caution. With warm weather coming on, you will probably want to be able to put your hair up, and if it's cut too short (as in chin length), that won't be an option.

    IMO, it would be better not to have it cut too drastically in one fell swoop. You can always have it cut again. But if you have too much cut off the first time, there's no way, short of growing it again, to get the length back. And you may well find that shoulder length suits you. But if not, well, there are other haircuts where that one came from.

    Not to mention that your SO may be able to cope better with incremental changes.

    Peace,
    Morgan

    I think your right about not cutting it too short so I cant still put it up, but having it cut again would be a hassle since im doing it on a trip to denver which is about 2 hours and 45 minutes from me. I dont want to have to get it cut again for another 8 weeks or so. Also I don't think I would have any problem with coping as I'va had this done before. It's not a huge thing.
    CG Since : 03/15/09
    3A, fine, low porosity
    My Curr. Faves:
    Cleansers: Daisy Fuentes C&W
    Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm, GPB, LVPNG
    Stylers: LVPNG, BRHG, KCCC, GVP CB
    updated 04/29/2009
  • CurlyCaraCurlyCara Posts: 399Registered Users
    Thank you Kathy and Whastercurl, you guys always seem to give me the push. The SO put his foot down about a chin length bob unfortunately, and yeah its my hair but I enjoy that he loves my hair, but today after my job interview im going to fifure out where I want to get my Hair cut.
    CG Since : 03/15/09
    3A, fine, low porosity
    My Curr. Faves:
    Cleansers: Daisy Fuentes C&W
    Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm, GPB, LVPNG
    Stylers: LVPNG, BRHG, KCCC, GVP CB
    updated 04/29/2009
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    This is the first time in my curly life that I've felt like I have a style. I'm the happiest I've ever been with my hair.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

    HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurlyCaraCurlyCara Posts: 399Registered Users
    Im excited but money is really really tight right now. So it now seems like it may be a couple more months which makes me incredibly unhappy.
    CG Since : 03/15/09
    3A, fine, low porosity
    My Curr. Faves:
    Cleansers: Daisy Fuentes C&W
    Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm, GPB, LVPNG
    Stylers: LVPNG, BRHG, KCCC, GVP CB
    updated 04/29/2009