CurlTalk

Changing Dewpoints - Product Suggestions??

soo think i have figured out that humectants are not for me in dry weather which is right now....possibly ok in spring....def ok in summer....but then if theres a summer thats crazy humid its a no go again....so can any of you help me with the suggestion of a product line or just products that are good for all dewpoints/seasons?? like whens the best time to use what kind of conditioner? i hope im making sense. thanks so much!!
3B~Fine, porus, and really long
HG's~Plopping and Homemade FSG!! Thank you BB :toothy10:
:farao:Proud To Be Egyptian!
"Your head is like a crown on you.
It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
I am captured by your flowing curls."
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

Comments

• msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    I like my Mop Top conditioner, KBB Nectar as leave-in and Fuzzy Duck gel once the dewpoint hits 35. I'll have to wait and see what happens this year, but if I'm remembering correctly, I think once the dewpoint starts getting close to 60, I have to cut back on the glycerin or my hair looks wet all the time, which I don't like.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • egyptiancurls89egyptiancurls89 Posts: 607Registered Users
    does it matter that i have very porous hair? i think i read somewhere that i should avoid humectants at all times...
    msgiblet wrote: »
    I like my Mop Top conditioner, KBB Nectar as leave-in and Fuzzy Duck gel once the dewpoint hits 35. I'll have to wait and see what happens this year, but if I'm remembering correctly, I think once the dewpoint starts getting close to 60, I have to cut back on the glycerin or my hair looks wet all the time, which I don't like.
    3B~Fine, porus, and really long
    HG's~Plopping and Homemade FSG!! Thank you BB :toothy10:
    :farao:Proud To Be Egyptian!
    "Your head is like a crown on you.
    It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
    Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
    I am captured by your flowing curls."
    Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    I also have very porous hair and I only avoid humectants when the it's very dry (the dewpoint is low) or when it's extremely high (like over 60 or 70). I'm also watching how much I use when it gets over 55 because I don't like my hair looking wet.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]