We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes

Learn more!

Sorry, I had to post this! hahahaha

I mean really!? I have full lips and was always teased as a child(you look like Mick Jagger!) I think my fotki proves otherwise. But as I was checking my email this morning this ad popped up and I couldn't resist seeing what y'all thought!:laughing9:
/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FTLGuerrero%2F" class="Popup

password: curly

3B w/3A underneath

Medium texture
Average porosity

Crazy-picky hair; likes some oils and proteins, but not others, can tolerate some glycerin.

Current products-
Co-wash: Suave/Vo5/TJ Refresh
Rinse out & Leave in: Suave Tropical Coconut/Garnier Triple Nutrition
Gel: Herbal Essences Set Me Up/Aussie Tizz No Frizz

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    What's wrong with her hair? It ain't too big. :toothy8:

Oh the lips? I didn't even notice. :laughing9:
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've been seeing that, too.

Absurd, isn't it?
  • Hakim NuraldinHakim Nuraldin Posts: 1,467Registered Users
    Are you serious? They don't look big to me. Funny how people always ridicule full lips, but they really probably want them. In one way or another.
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    Oooooh .. wonder how many of speckla's bees she needed to get that stung???
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fwhatsercurl%2F" class="Popup

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
    Are you serious? They don't look big to me. Funny how people always ridicule full lips, but they really probably want them. In one way or another.

Naturally full lips are beautiful - but too/over full lips from injections and other means really aren't.
  • CurlyCaraCurlyCara Posts: 399Registered Users
    Im only 18 but I have pretty full lips, and I know growing up, I had a girl tell me she absolutely love me lips, and other people later on. Also I know some men say they like big lips because girls with them give better..... anyways yeah. Thats what I've always been told.
    CG Since : 03/15/09
    3A, fine, low porosity
    My Curr. Faves:
    Cleansers: Daisy Fuentes C&W
    Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm, GPB, LVPNG
    Stylers: LVPNG, BRHG, KCCC, GVP CB
    updated 04/29/2009
    CurlyCara wrote: »
    Im only 18 but I have pretty full lips, and I know growing up, I had a girl tell me she absolutely love me lips, and other people later on. Also I know some men say they like big lips because girls with them give better..... anyways yeah. Thats what I've always been told.

Compliments, yes, they give better compliments than us skinny lipped gals.
  • pulchri2dinouspulchri2dinous Posts: 1,014Registered Users
    Speckla wrote: »

Naturally full lips are beautiful - but too/over full lips from injections and other means really aren't.

I agree.
    4, fine, low-medium density, low porosity

event.png

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." - Confucius
    CurlyCara wrote: »

Compliments, yes, they give better compliments than us skinny lipped gals.

YESSSS Compliments, thats exactly what I meant.
    3A, fine, low porosity
    My Curr. Faves:
    updated 04/29/2009
  • lizzlebelizzlelizzlebelizzle Posts: 287Registered Users
    That HAS to be photoshopped.
    oh of course. if it isnt i dont know how the women could even fricking talk.
    3A, fine, low porosity
    My Curr. Faves:
    updated 04/29/2009
  • ~GypsyCurls~~GypsyCurls~ Posts: 351Registered Users
    Full lips are one thing, but those are grotesque. I've always loved my own full lips and never wanted to change them, or the mole I have above my upper lip.
    2c/3a/3b curls, tailbone length, fairy tale ends
    Cleansers: V05 Co
    Conditioners: KMS Everyday, Dove Dry Oil Care

DT/Treats:Aphogee Protein Treat/Hemp/Argan Oil
    Leave-ins/Stylers: All HE Condish, Generic PM The Conditioner

• midgimidgi Posts: 2,409Registered Users
    I have naturally full lips too. My mom told me when I was 5 years old, she asked my babysitter why I was wearing lipstick and the babysitter told her that she couldn't resist.

As for that ad, it just can't be real because her lips are just too exaggerated. But I've seen quite a few women with lip injections and sometimes, honestly, I don't think they look so bad.

Now, I HAVE SEEN really bad lip injections too (*cough* Lisa Rinna...), but I have seen really successful procedures done where the lips don't look so swollen.
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
    midgi wrote: »
    I have naturally full lips too. My mom told me when I was 5 years old, she asked my babysitter why I was wearing lipstick and the babysitter told her that she couldn't resist.

As for that ad, it just can't be real because her lips are just too exaggerated. But I've seen quite a few women with lip injections and sometimes, honestly, I don't think they look so bad.

Now, I HAVE SEEN really bad lip injections too (*cough* Lisa Rinna...), but I have seen really successful procedures done where the lips don't look so swollen.

Slightly bee stung look is totally different than troup pout.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.google.com%2Fimgres%3Fimgurl%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.cartoonstock.com%2Fnewscartoons%2Fcartoonists%2Fmly%2Flowres%2Fmlyn467l.jpg%26amp%3Bimgrefurl%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.cartoonstock.com%2Fdirectory%2Ft%2Ftrout_pout_gifts.asp%26amp%3Busg%3D__8NGQp9cv0XtdXM9EjyALqXAkLgM%3D%26amp%3Bh%3D400%26amp%3Bw%3D387%26amp%3Bsz%3D27%26amp%3Bhl%3Den%26amp%3Bstart%3D10%26amp%3Bum%3D1%26amp%3Btbnid%3DTXRiqHX2er0hlM%3A%26amp%3Btbnh%3D124%26amp%3Btbnw%3D120%26amp%3Bprev%3D%2Fimages%253Fq%253Dtrout%252Bpout%2526hl%253Den%2526sa%253DN%2526um%253D1" class="Popup
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    On her, they look like Mr Potato Head snap-on lips.

We should check him out to see if he has still his.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fwhatsercurl%2F" class="Popup

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users
    I'm a skinny lipped/mouthed person. I must admit that at times I'm jealous. I hardly ever wear lipstick because it just accentuates how small my lips really are. People always comment on them. Lip gloss is okay, but I only like MAC lip glass (I think). It's thick and kinda sticky and stays on for a long time.

If I had the money, I would probably get a little lip injections done, just to see what it would look like. I mean, I don't want to look like someone punched me in the face and I have two fat lips! That's the worst!

As for the photo. Ewww. I admire and envy full-lipped people, but that is just too far.

• Hakim NuraldinHakim Nuraldin Posts: 1,467Registered Users

I was referring to marinacurlz own lips on her face on her fotki. Not the engineered lips in the picture at the beginning of the thread. Those are ugly and fake.

I was referring to marinacurlz own lips on her face on her fotki. Not the engineered lips in the picture at the beginning of the thread. Those are ugly and fake.

Amen!
  • marinacurlzmarinacurlz Posts: 1,720Registered Users

Thank you. It sure made me self conscious as a child. But I completely agree with naturally full lips being beautiful.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FTLGuerrero%2F" class="Popup

password: curly

3B w/3A underneath

Medium texture
    Average porosity

Crazy-picky hair; likes some oils and proteins, but not others, can tolerate some glycerin.

Current products-
    Co-wash: Suave/Vo5/TJ Refresh
    Rinse out & Leave in: Suave Tropical Coconut/Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Gel: Herbal Essences Set Me Up/Aussie Tizz No Frizz

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file