CurlTalk

What's your favorite natural hair color?

FreeCurlsFreeCurls Posts: 4,408Registered Users
I find naturally jet black hair to be so pretty. I also think auburn hair is beautuful. Every hair color can be beautful but I'm personally drawn to darker hair shades. Purely speaking about natural hair color, which is your faovrite shade of hair. so that means no greens and pinks :) Oh I also think a healthy head of gray hair is kinda cool.
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.
[FONT=&quot]Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce & FreeCurls[/FONT]

Comments

• dia99dia99 Posts: 1,998Registered Users
    Black is my favorite, too! I have orange/red/brown hair, so it looks dry a lot, even if it's not.

I also love gray hair on older women! Beautiful!
    People rise to the standard expected of them. GC
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    On men or women?

On men I tend to prefer brown and associated skin tones. (Black would probably be as good, though most men I meet are either blonde or brunette, not redheads or black-haired.)

On women, probably red. I'm not sure which happened first-that I wanted red hair, or that I became friends with a girl who was stunningly beautiful and one of the sweetest people on the planet. Now, however, I associate red hair with her, and I absolutely love it.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    Red is my favorite and always catches my eye, but a glossy deep brown or black is also very stunning. I'm a bit pickier when it comes to blondes, but as long as it looks like a natural blonde and not too obviously fake.
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • JoyForeverJoyForever Posts: 1,628Registered Users
    I've always liked red hair. I like my hair color just fine, but I'm always a little jealous of natural redheads.
    Previously Joy4ever.
    Changed because the "number in place of a word" thing was bugging my no-longer-14-year-old self.
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users
    I like red hair, the nice rich auburn red. Not to fond of orange red though. I want my hair red. I may do it when I next go to the hairdressers.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,498Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    now, what do you think MY answer was?

:lol:

even though kids teased me about it when i was younger - rust head - i've always loved having red hair!

:D
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    What's w/ all the reds?dry.gif
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• j'adorej'adore Posts: 1,966Registered Users
    I love dark hair too...that glossiness that dark brown/soft black hair has when it's healthy is just gorgeous. Next would have to be that golden brown haircolor that Vanessa L Williiams has.
    "Don't play me...I'm over 30, and I don't smoke weed"
    -Prince

catcatadr20050914_-8_Marley+is.png
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    i like having red hair, and i have seen beautiful hair of ALL different shades (i love a rich brown or shiny black) but i voted blonde. i think fake-bleach-blonde can look bad but natural blonde can be lovely. my sister actually has my ideal haircolor, which is a strawberry blonde that's light enough she definitely fits into the "blonde" category but red enough that she can still consider herself a redhead.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • MMWMMW Posts: 557Registered Users
    Red hair is my favorite. I think it's sooo beautiful. In elementary school, I was in the Big Brothers/Big Sisters program, and my Big Sister had the most beautiful long, red, curly hair.

My second favorite is black.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I have always wished I had black hair. I love black hair. I also love red hair. I haven't voted because I can't decide between the two. :lol:
  • x_tigerlilyx_tigerlily Posts: 432Registered Users
    Black. :) I want my hair to look more naturally black. When I was a kid, it was pretty black but now it's starting to look more brown (and even sort of reddish in the sun). :(
    3C/4A and too long to handle (and afford!)
    with 22 votes so far i'm the only one who voted blonde - we must be an anti-blonde board! :lol:
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
  • urbancurlurbancurl Posts: 980Registered Users
    I thought for sure that blonde would be the most popular!

I chose red too. Black is a close runner-up. I love the shine!
    "It is wrong to use moral means to preserve immoral ends." MLK, Jr.

Password= urban
  • x_tigerlilyx_tigerlily Posts: 432Registered Users
    Maybe it's just that I never had much experience with many curlies, but [natural]blonde curly hair seems sort of rare, doesn't it?
    3C/4A and too long to handle (and afford!)
    Maybe it's just that I never had much experience with many curlies, but [natural]blonde curly hair seems sort of rare, doesn't it?

come to think of it, i don't see it often, you're right. on this board, off the top of my head i can think of iris427, curlywally (i think hers is natural), and celticmoondance.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
  • FreeCurlsFreeCurls Posts: 4,408Registered Users
    I think Mar is.

FreeCurls wrote:
    I think Mar is.

really? for some reason i always pictured her with auburn hair (i have no idea why :lol: )
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
  • skywatcherskywatcher Posts: 429Registered Users
    I absolutely LOVE red hair!!! My DH hates it, so next colour is gonna be auburn :twisted:
    3a/2c
    Long layers, past BSL
    Loving: CON poo, Elucence MBC, Jessicurl WDT, B&A Gel.
    SLS free poos since Feb 6/05
    two words: Julianne Moore

Love her hair.

• PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    I like dark auburn hair, so I chose "red".

But I also like jet black hair. There are so many women here who have gorgeous jet black hair. Our receptionist is one of them - her hair is just amazing. And of course my husband has jet black hair, which is another reason I love it.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    Red!!!
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • KrazyblondegurlKrazyblondegurl Posts: 1,008Registered Users
    I have naturally blonde curls/waves. So I voted blonde. :P

But in reality I would love to have dark black shiny hair...love it! Of course I would look ridiculous with black hair. Blonde hair is hard to maintain, it looks dry easily, mine bleaches out in the sun, then it grows in darker blonde...it's hard to maintain a nice even color. I've been so tempted to color it dark. But I have to admit I get more attention from guys when it's at its blondest. But I'm also single, childless, and lonely so obviously my blonde hair isn't attracting the right guys!! :wink:

My mom's hair is beautiful!!! She has red/audburn curls with blonde highlights. She is 56 and has never colored it before in her life...gorgeous.
    NetG wrote:
    On men or women?

maybe NetG is onto something. I find deep auburn hair to be gorgeous on women but on men Ithink I prefer it lighter like on Prince Harry, Toby Stephens and Max Martini.

Max
    5252.jpg

Toby
    4_1699325.jpg

Harry
    rfu_01.jpg

• PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    Is Prince Harry not growing up to be just babe-a-licious? Dang!
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    yeah, he's truly evidence of the ugly duckling syndrome and it's reverse. Prince William is turning into his father as he ages. Its' too bad really.

• mazeymazey Posts: 709Registered Users
    PartyHair wrote:
    Is Prince Harry not growing up to be just babe-a-licious? Dang!

Yeah, it was a bit dicey for a while there. It seemed to me he was looking too much like Prince Charles' mini-me. Lucky for him he grew into his looks.
    Madonna getting upset with her daughter for dressing too slutty is like Mr. T getting upset with his son for pitying too many fools.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,238Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    FreeCurls wrote:
    I also think a healthy head of gray hair is kinda cool.
    Why thank you!
    dia99 wrote:
    Thank you again! (Tho the word 'older' is making me cringe).

I voted black. I've always wanted long, jet black, straight :oops: hair. My stepdaughter and nephew and most of their friends are going thru the black hair phase and tho it doesn't look as good as natural black hair, I still love. If I was younger, I'd be right there with 'em.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • MaudieMaudie Posts: 508Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    FreeCurls wrote:
    I also think a healthy head of gray hair is kinda cool.
    Why thank you!
    dia99 wrote:
    Thank you again! (Tho the word 'older' is making me cringe).

:lol: Right there with you.
    Maudie

CO wash-Vo5 Kiwi Lime
    Regular CO-Tresemme Naturals Silicone Free
    Deep CO-Aussie 3 Minute Miracle

Shampoo-Jhirmack Silver Plus Ageless once a week
    Cream-Garnier Fructis Sleek $ Shine Leave-In Conditioning
    Gels-LA Looks Sport

Going silver-last hair color 4/10/15
  • MarMar Posts: 3,003Registered Users
    strawberry blonde

If you watch As The World Turns-Jennifer has the PERFECT hair IMO:)
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa