CurlTalk

Here's my favorite fork

Simple, lightweights, holds all my hair and does not cause breakage or pulling. It has little diamond-y things around the top. (yes, my fingers are stained orange)

twist, clip and go.

Picture175-vi.jpg

Comments

• eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oooo, pretty!
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • CurlyCaraCurlyCara Posts: 399Registered Users
    I'm super suprised, you can barely even see it. One of those would not hold alot of my hair.
    CG Since : 03/15/09
    3A, fine, low porosity
    My Curr. Faves:
    Cleansers: Daisy Fuentes C&W
    Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm, GPB, LVPNG
    Stylers: LVPNG, BRHG, KCCC, GVP CB
    updated 04/29/2009
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    It actually holds all my hair in a full french twist. I had a full french twist today. I went to the gym this morning and then had to go to the grocery store. I got a compliment on my hairdo. I was wearing yoga pants, a baggy T shirt and the girl said it was beautiful - did I do it myself and how long did it take.
  • scarriecarriescarriecarrie Posts: 382Registered Users
    Speckla wrote: »
    It actually holds all my hair in a full french twist. I had a full french twist today. I went to the gym this morning and then had to go to the grocery store. I got a compliment on my hairdo. I was wearing yoga pants, a baggy T shirt and the girl said it was beautiful - did I do it myself and how long did it take.

Can you explain how you did your twist with the fork? I have tried to do a twist with a claw clip and it will not hold my hair plus it pulls at my scalp. I would love to go to the gym with a twist instead of a pineapple. I always hear "Hey Pebbles or Hey Sprout" or my personal favorite "You look like my shih tzu after she goes to the groomer". Plus if I don't get the pineapple perfectly on top of my head it slides either down one side or down the back of my head as I work out. Yipee!!
    Mostly 3A/Some 3B Thick/Dry/Colored/SL
    Loving natural products. Some of my favorites are:
    MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditionerloveshower.gif

Can you explain how you did your twist with the fork? I have tried to do a twist with a claw clip and it will not hold my hair plus it pulls at my scalp. I would love to go to the gym with a twist instead of a pineapple. I always hear "Hey Pebbles or Hey Sprout" or my personal favorite "You look like my shih tzu after she goes to the groomer". Plus if I don't get the pineapple perfectly on top of my head it slides either down one side or down the back of my head as I work out. Yipee!!

I can't wear barrettes, ponytails, or clawclips in my hair when working out because they all slip out and down or are too heavy. Lemme see if I can explain. You simply do a french twist and push the fork through the top like you would if you were using a bobbypin. It's so simple.

These are instructions for a bun but the principle is the same for a french twist.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.artforhair.com%2Fcinnamonbun.html" class="Popup
  • scarriecarriescarriecarrie Posts: 382Registered Users

I can't wear barrettes, ponytails, or clawclips in my hair when working out because they all slip out and down or are too heavy. Lemme see if I can explain. You simply do a french twist and push the fork through the top like you would if you were using a bobbypin. It's so simple.

I'm so trying this next week. I hope it works well for me!! Thanks Speckla!!!
    Mostly 3A/Some 3B Thick/Dry/Colored/SL
    Loving natural products. Some of my favorites are:
    MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditionerloveshower.gif
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users
    VERY pretty Speckla :)
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • gusc86gusc86 Posts: 10Registered Users
    How does that thing work?
    CG since April09
    2b ~ regularly
    2c ~ the more I learn
    Suave
    product junkie (if you only knew)
    gusc86 wrote: »
    How does that thing work?

It kind of holds hair down and in place like a bobbypin - only a lot more hair because it's bigger.
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    I can't see the pick-ture.

Sorry.
  • mpgirlmpgirl Posts: 1,163Registered Users
    The link is gone. Can you re-post, please?
    3b spirals, fine texture, normal porosity, dense
    Picasa:
    Link
    Deva Low Poo
    Suave Naturals Coconut for detangling
    Renpure Organics conditioner/leave-in
    Homemade FSG
    KCCC
    Curl Junkie Stuff
    BRHG

Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect. -wabi-sabi

Is it back?
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    Yep. Pretty!
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    Ooooh pretty pretty!

I gotta tell you though, I've noticed this post a few times this afternoon but didn't notice it was in General. I thought you were kidding and it was going to be the picture of a pitchfork and someone nibbling on a bale of hay or something like that. :laughing9:
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fwhatsercurl%2F" class="Popup

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
    Ooooh pretty pretty!

I gotta tell you though, I've noticed this post a few times this afternoon but didn't notice it was in General. I thought you were kidding and it was going to be the picture of a pitchfork and someone nibbling on a bale of hay or something like that. :laughing9:

Nope, I try to be a good curly girl and keep the topics about hair and not kiddin' around - too much. :king:
  • RozettaStoneRozettaStone Posts: 695Registered Users
    Fork picture is gone again! I saw it yesterday, now it's not there. Speckla, that one is pretty -- where did you buy it? I have a bunch like that only they are plain. It takes me at least two to hold my hair up. I'd love sparkly diamonds on mine please!
    2-something? Coarse, medium underneath. Mid-back. On CG since 5/9/07.
    Washing COs: VO5 Blackberry, Suave Cherry
    Detangle and leave-in: Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm -- I found my HG CO!
    Seal with camellia oil
    Leave-in: Aura cherry almond
    Gels: Homemade FSG, Eco-styler
    Plus: SOTC or smooth with camellia oil, JC Nourish & Shine
    Homemade food-based DTs
    RC color
    Fork picture is gone again! I saw it yesterday, now it's not there. Speckla, that one is pretty -- where did you buy it? I have a bunch like that only they are plain. It takes me at least two to hold my hair up. I'd love sparkly diamonds on mine please!

A very nice person on the longhaircommunity website gave me some hair toys. That one is my favorite. I'll ask her where she got it from.
  • gusc86gusc86 Posts: 10Registered Users
    I need more info on how you get that to stay?
    CG since April09
    2b ~ regularly
    2c ~ the more I learn
    Suave
    product junkie (if you only knew)
    gusc86 wrote: »
    I need more info on how you get that to stay?

Roll a piece of paper into a tube and put a bobbypin or clothespin on one end, let it go, and they stay rolled right? It holds them together. Same principle. I guess it's so simple that I'm at a loss for a way to describe it. It seems more complicated then it really is. I thought I'd never be able to use forks and do updos that I saw.
  • stellafstellaf Posts: 1Registered Users
    Hi,
    It is such a useful article and I found a lot of information with the help of this article. Thank you so much for sharing.

Stella

Hand and Body Lotion- with Shea Butter, Castle Baths

Hand and Body Lotion- with Shea Butter