We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Rudee - you're killing me!

Your new avatar is simply beautiful! Your hair gets better and better all the time and that should be a crime! :pain10:

Comments

• CurlyCaraCurlyCara Posts: 399Registered Users
    This made me look at her new avatar and then at her photo book, and ughhhh her hair is sooo beautiful.
    CG Since : 03/15/09
    3A, fine, low porosity
    My Curr. Faves:
    Cleansers: Daisy Fuentes C&W
    Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm, GPB, LVPNG
    Stylers: LVPNG, BRHG, KCCC, GVP CB
    updated 04/29/2009
  • marinacurlzmarinacurlz Posts: 1,720Registered Users
    Okay now I have to see this!:blob8:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FTLGuerrero%2F" class="Popup

password: curly

3B w/3A underneath

Medium texture
    Average porosity

Crazy-picky hair; likes some oils and proteins, but not others, can tolerate some glycerin.

Current products-
    Co-wash: Suave/Vo5/TJ Refresh
    Rinse out & Leave in: Suave Tropical Coconut/Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Gel: Herbal Essences Set Me Up/Aussie Tizz No Frizz
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Rudee sucks. I'm going to start a down with Rudee-Booty-Tooty hair site! No one should have hair that gorgeous!
  • CurlyCaraCurlyCara Posts: 399Registered Users
    HAHAHA speckla *hugs* your so funny. today stunk, but you can always make me laugh.
    CG Since : 03/15/09
    3A, fine, low porosity
    My Curr. Faves:
    Cleansers: Daisy Fuentes C&W
    Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm, GPB, LVPNG
    Stylers: LVPNG, BRHG, KCCC, GVP CB
    updated 04/29/2009
    No fair to have that nice of hair!

Seriously, go rudee go rudee!
    party0049.gif

party0049.gif
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FTLGuerrero%2F" class="Popup

3B w/3A underneath

Medium texture
    Average porosity

Crazy-picky hair; likes some oils and proteins, but not others, can tolerate some glycerin.

Current products-
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Now, just wait a second. Speckla, your hair looks great 99% of the time. It's thick and clumpy, and grows faster than anyone else's.

I'm not so sure you're the injured party here. Some of us think you're also one to envy. :dwarf: You and that adorable puppy of yours.
    ninja dog wrote: »
    Now, just wait a second. Speckla, your hair looks great 99% of the time. It's thick and clumpy, and grows faster than anyone else's.

I'm not so sure you're the injured party here. Some of us think you're also one to envy. :dwarf: You and that adorable puppy of yours.

That 1% sure seems a lot bigger to me.

Have you seen her avatar? No one should have hair that shiny! She's just a few years older than I am and she doesn't have one single grey...grrr!!! :evil:
    [/quote]
    Have you seen her avatar? No one should have hair that shiny! She's just a few years older than I am and she doesn't have one single grey...grrr!!! :evil:[/quote]

What!? Oh, that is soooo unfair. I just turned 33 and I have grays at the temples and top of my head!:protest:

3B w/3A underneath

Medium texture
    Average porosity

Current products-
    [/quote]Have you seen her avatar? No one should have hair that shiny! She's just a few years older than I am and she doesn't have one single grey...grrr!!! :evil:

What!? Oh, that is soooo unfair. I just turned 33 and I have grays at the temples and top of my head!:protest:[/quote]

Oh, stop whining, you're younger than I am - I started at 21. :pain10: I have more grey than my MIL.
  • JusduitJusduit Posts: 578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Speckla wrote: »
    Your new avatar is simply beautiful! Your hair gets better and better all the time and that should be a crime! :pain10:

You're right, and I think there's a law against having hair that beautiful. It says so right here :evil3: I also heard she's a procrastinator when it comes to using new hair toys (can you believe that)! :laughing9:
    3a (protein sensitive)
    Fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Cleansers: Mop-C Hydrating Shampoo, JCGLS
    Conditioners: CJCR, TJTTT
    Leave-in: CJCR, CK Satin Roots
    Stylers: UFDCM, CJPP
    Standby items:GVP K-Pak
    Jusduit wrote: »
    Speckla wrote: »

You're right, and I think there's a law against having hair that beautiful. It says so right here :evil3: I also heard she's a procrastinator when it comes to using new hair toys (can you believe that)! :laughing9:

Hair toys are the best...especially forks. They rock. :dj:
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users
    Oh, stop whining, you're younger than I am - I started at 21. :pain10: I have more grey than my MIL.
    I started at 18 so I even beat you:toothy8:
    Jusduit wrote: »
    She is a procrastinator...hasn't even used her R2D2 yet...I couldn't do it.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users

Yup that little rascal STILL hasn't posted about using it so we have to assume it's still sitting all wrapped and pretty. IN THE BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW is this possible it's been over a week right????

Anyhoooooo, rudee your hair is seriously RIDICULOUSLY beautiful. The length and ringlets I can't believe it's the same hair from your beginning CG pics!!!!
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
    DEL2C wrote: »

I love StarWars!

Where is Rudee in all things talk about her crowning glory...must be off somewhere crowing or bleating! :laughing8:
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    Oh my goodness - someone had to point these posts out to me (thank you Del:iconbiggrin:)

You people are unbelievably kind - and likely also responding to the diff in the early cg pics to now. My hair has come a long way in the past 11 months, and I owe it all to this site!:blob8:

And, Del is right, had I used my R2 I would surely have posted. But I ended up getting a haircut last nite then just sleeping in a DT - I will get to it:sad9:

Thanks again for all the lovely compliments - Is there a cash prize involved?:laughing9:
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
    It's about time Miss Rudee the :queen: made her appearance!!!!

:notworthy:
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
    rudeechick wrote: »
    Oh my goodness - someone had to point these posts out to me (thank you Del:iconbiggrin:)

You people are unbelievably kind - and likely also responding to the diff in the early cg pics to now. My hair has come a long way in the past 11 months, and I owe it all to this site!:blob8:

And, Del is right, had I used my R2 I would surely have posted. But I ended up getting a haircut last nite then just sleeping in a DT - I will get to it:sad9:

Thanks again for all the lovely compliments - Is there a cash prize involved?:laughing9:

Your photos are prize enough for me. :laughing8:
    and re the greys.... Yes, as Speck pointed out I am WAY older than her.. I am almost older than god, but he got here first!

I honestly have no greys yet, but that kinda freaks me. I will be 47 next month and I am CONVINCED that one day I will wake up and just be all grey, no transition:(
    My Photobucket Album
    and re the greys.... Yes, as Speck pointed out I am WAY older than her.. I am almost older than god, but he got here first!

I honestly have no greys yet, but that kinda freaks me. I will be 47 next month and I am CONVINCED that one day I will wake up and just be all grey, no transition:(
    not even a stray here and there?????
    Discovered CG 2007

not even a stray here and there?????
    No. Isnt that odd?

I had one in my temple after I gave birth to my youngest (he's 8 this month), but I guess it fell out due to post partum hair loss? Tehn I had one on my crown about 3 years ago but when I had that bout of alopecia it fell out and didnt grow back with the rest of what I lost....

When I get my highlights my colorist checks and he claims so far none. WHats up with that?
    My Photobucket Album

Hmmm..way? I said a few...

"Have you seen her avatar? No one should have hair that shiny! She's just a few years older than I am and she doesn't have one single grey...grrr!!! :evil:"

You look younger than me, Missy! I need to see some ID please!
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    My best friend is the same age as me (45) so you're not that old. :tongue2: Anywhooo, she also has not one grey hair on her head. Her mom who is close to 70 has almost none. I, on the other hand, am probably 30-40% grey hard to tell since I foil it out every 3-4 months.

Curse you and your perfect ringlets, great volume and no-grey genes! :cussing:
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fwhatsercurl%2F" class="Popup

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
    My best friend is the same age as me (45) so you're not that old. :tongue2: Anywhooo, she also has not one grey hair on her head. Her mom who is close to 70 has almost none. I, on the other hand, am probably 30-40% grey hard to tell since I foil it out every 3-4 months.

Her mom has no greys at 70???? THAT is rare. My folks (77 and 87) are completely grey. My 2 older sibs (50 and 54)are about 50/50.

I gotta tell you, that bout with alopecia changed me. I am happy to have hair.
    My Photobucket Album

Her mom has no greys at 70???? THAT is rare. My folks (77 and 87) are completely grey. My 2 older sibs (50 and 54)are about 50/50.

My grandmother that died last year was 95 and had very few grey hairs. The genetic lottery....

I hear ya on the hair loss. I had a lot of hairloss due to hormonal issues and vit B deficiency. I had male pattern baldness going on. I'm grateful each day I wake up and there's more hair on my head than on my pillow.
  • NalliaNallia Posts: 2,979Registered Users
    I'm jealous. I started going gray at 16 and at 36 am now 85-90% gray. And I'm way too vain to not color it!

You all have gorgeous hair! You are inspiring new CGs everywhere to throw out their sulfates and silicones!
    "...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

a33304d72319c25b3ad2d4d075ab3bc0.jpg
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users

At 70-ish, she has ALMOST none. Maybe 10% at most. So it is possible.

There was an article on here about reversing the greying process awhile back. Think xcnptl posted it. AAR - there is some sort of chemical reaction (peroxide something or other IIRC) that causes it. Not being the chemistry sort, I don't remember the specifics but it could be whatever process stops just doesn't stop in certain people. If i can find the article, I'll link it.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fwhatsercurl%2F" class="Popup

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
    Nallia wrote: »
    I'm jealous. I started going gray at 16 and at 36 am now 85-90% gray. And I'm way too vain to not color it!

You all have gorgeous hair! You are inspiring new CGs everywhere to throw out their sulfates and silicones!
    nothing VAIN about it sweetie, there is NO WAY in HECK I'm gonna be grey!!! I haven't started coloring yet get a stray here and there but you can bet I'm not going grey either! My Grandmother is 82 and colors her hair, I've never seen her with Grey roots!
    Discovered CG 2007

• wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Posts: 2,017Registered Users
    Since we're hatin' on Rudee, can I just add? Gorgeous hair, no greys, and not a single damn wrinkle, either.

Oh, wait a minute..... that applies to ALL of you!!! Every last one! Not one of you looks your age.

I hate you all.

Have a nice day. :toothy8:

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
    Nallia wrote: »

nothing VAIN about it sweetie, there is NO WAY in HECK I'm gonna be grey!!! I haven't started coloring yet get a stray here and there but you can bet I'm not going grey either! My Grandmother is 82 and colors her hair, I've never seen her with Grey roots!

It's all about you and personal choice. There's nothing wrong with coloring your hair if it makes you feel better and you want to do it. Don't feel bad if someone else does not color and don't feel bad if you do color.
    Since we're hatin' on Rudee, can I just add? Georgeous hair, no greys, and not a single damn wrinkle, either.

Oh, wait a minute..... that applies to ALL of you!!! Every last one! Not one of you looks your age.

I hate you all.

Have a nice day. :toothy8:

Isn't it sickening? :pain10:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file