Damaged Hair! >:O

Sweetestk13Sweetestk13 Posts: 61Registered Users
I notice that my hair is extremely damaged in some places. I have a natural curl pattern of somewhere in between 3c and 4a. In some places (mostly in the back of my hair and a little bit around the edges) my hair looks almost 3a or even 2c! When i feel the roots tho, my hair has its normal 3c/4a texture. i did used to straighten my hair ALL THE TIME.
Is the curl looseness from too much heat damage?
Does/Has anyone else have the same problem?
Any tips on keeping the new growth from turning out the same way?
Hair Type: 3c/4a
Fave Products: Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Jane Carter Soulution: Nourish and Shine, Kinky Curly Gloss Pomade, Jane Carter Solution: Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner
Hair Now: Damaged chin length 3c/4a
Short Term Hair Goal: Shoulder Length 3c/4a tresses
Trying: That CG method everyone is raving about!
Proud to be a curly gurl!
:toothy8:

Comments

• j-jill. j-jill. Posts: 147Registered Users
    It's possible this was caused by constantly straightening, especially if you said that your roots are coming in as 3c/4a. I'm pretty sure when your hair grows back, that it'll come back as 3c/4a. (:
    This happened to me too.. My hair is much looser than it used to because of straightening everyday, but I only recently stopped (About 2 months ago), so I have to wait for my natural hair to come back.. I also permanently dyed my whole head of hair for years without a break. :S
    Hair Type: 2b/2c (:

• britney.britney. Posts: 292Registered Users
    Same happened with me. I constantly dyed my hair (including bleaching it which is really bad...) and I straightened my hair everyday. (Without a heat protectant!) So my hair got super damaged. So now my hair is about 2c when it really should be 3a. :(
    2c/3a some 3b/Thick/Fine texture?/High Porosity
    Currently trying out the CG method again as of 1/3/12!

Current Routine:
    Co-wash/RO: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Low poo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat (when needed)
    Products: LA Looks Sports Gel and Curly Kinks Coil Jam

• SpeedGoddessSpeedGoddess Posts: 118Registered Users
    Yeah, I had the same problem. Still do in places.

I waited for it to grow out, and then got itcut off when I was comfortable with the length it would be. Other than that, after I put my gel in, I'd wrap it around my finger. Sometimes that worked, sometimes it didn't.

HTH
    Hair type: 3B

CG since: Dec '08

(Johnson&Johnson No More Tears Shampoo when need help with build-up), Suave Naturals condish, leave some in, LaBella Gel, then out the door!

You only live once...make it count

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file