I Hate Hate Hate My HAIR

mental_redmental_red Posts: 1Registered Users
I am just so frustrated, I feel like shaving my head. It took me years to control my frizz and now that I kind of can, I have to look in the mirror and cringe at my reflection. I don't have lovely waves, or luscious curls and my hair's certainly not straight. There's not even a number for my hair here. It's wavy in a few places, the curls I do have are boxy looking and the rest is at times semi-straight and it's thick.

I was so excited when I got it cut, the hair dresser layered it and straightened it for me, it was a lot shorter. When I washed it, it came out gorgeous. I had light soft, ACTUAL curls and for once I loved my hair. The next time I showered, my hair was back to looking crappy, it even looks darker now and the color of my hair is the one thing I've sort of loved. I used to have natural highlights, which I guess I still do my hairs just darker and gross looking like I used mousse, but I didn't. I just wish I could get my hair to look like it did less than a week ago, or anything better than how it looks now.
I really hate my hair.

Comments

• Sweetestk13Sweetestk13 Posts: 61Registered Users
    i feel ur frustration, but once u find a good product and a stylist that works for u, it should be a breeze.
    u should feel extremely lucky to have curly hair. It's so versatile. Even for those days that u do want straight hair, u can make it happen.
    There are plenty of straight haired girls out there who wish that had twirly tresses.
    ur one of the lucky ones! Embrace the Curl!!!
    Hair Type: 3c/4a
    Fave Products: Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Jane Carter Soulution: Nourish and Shine, Kinky Curly Gloss Pomade, Jane Carter Solution: Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner
    Hair Now: Damaged chin length 3c/4a
    Short Term Hair Goal: Shoulder Length 3c/4a tresses
    Trying: That CG method everyone is raving about!
    Proud to be a curly gurl!
    :toothy8:
  • j-jill. j-jill. Posts: 147Registered Users
    Are you doing the CG method? Do you use products? If you don't, then that could help you. And if you do, then you may be using the wrong products for your hair, or they're not CG friendly.
    I don't believe I've ever seen natural hair that looks "crappy". Do you mind posting a picture of your hair?
    Hair Type: 2b/2c (:

• CurlayGirlayCurlayGirlay Posts: 240Registered Users
    mental_red wrote: »
    I am just so frustrated, I feel like shaving my head. It took me years to control my frizz and now that I kind of can, I have to look in the mirror and cringe at my reflection. I don't have lovely waves, or luscious curls and my hair's certainly not straight. There's not even a number for my hair here. It's wavy in a few places, the curls I do have are boxy looking and the rest is at times semi-straight and it's thick.

I was so excited when I got it cut, the hair dresser layered it and straightened it for me, it was a lot shorter. When I washed it, it came out gorgeous. I had light soft, ACTUAL curls and for once I loved my hair. The next time I showered, my hair was back to looking crappy, it even looks darker now and the color of my hair is the one thing I've sort of loved. I used to have natural highlights, which I guess I still do my hairs just darker and gross looking like I used mousse, but I didn't. I just wish I could get my hair to look like it did less than a week ago, or anything better than how it looks now.
    I really hate my hair.

First of all, I think you should definetly consider going CG. I was just as frusterated with my hair and I stumbled upon this site I decided to go CG. It has made my hair less frizzy, more moisturized, softer, shinier, healthier. I had the saem rpoblem with the wavy/straight/curly hair and CG has solved the problem for me.

Also, the right products can make a world of difference so try to find out what your hair likes. If you want to less frizz I suggest a gel over creams or mousse.

Getting long layers might help, as well. But don't ever get your hair thinned out. I tried it once and it did make my hair thinner but I got frizz like no one's buisness.

O, I also struggle with the box-like curls. They look like a bunch of squares on a head. I haven't found any one else with this problem or any advice for it, but if I do I'll tell you.

Curly hair is harder to take care of than straight, but I think it's worth it because its so unique!
    CG since December 22, 2008!:thumbright:
    Thick/Coarse/Porous/3a/Protein Sensitive

Luvin the Spritz and Condish method! =)
  • Curlie LocksCurlie Locks Posts: 40Registered Users
    First off....Mousse doesn't look nasty...
    Second....Try doing the CG method. It will help you alot.
    Finally.....Deal with it. If you hate your hair you will always think negative of your hair. Think positive even if it really is that bad.
    Hope this helps!
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    3a/b Miii
    Good Elasticity
    Long Hair(Half Way Down back when curly)

:toothy2:

I am a dimpled curly haired lunatic! :fish:

• SephirothsChild15SephirothsChild15 Posts: 208Registered Users
    Your hair is probably the multitextured mess that it is because it is damaged. It's a rule of thumb that healthy moisturized hair = the best curls. I high recommend going CG and doing some major deep conditioning on it now.
    :love7: I'm starting to love my hair :love7:

WARNING: I come with spelling errors.

:blob5:Loving the IceQueen Method

:salute:The biggest fight that we will never win, is the one with out hair.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file