Anyone recommend a foundation with full coverage for paler skin?

ShelbyDotsonShelbyDotson Posts: 15Registered Users
Please and Thank you!
Preferably one that can be bought at WalMart, CVS, or Walgreens.
:king:
"Be the change you want to see in the world"-Gandhi

Hair type:3A with a little 3B

Comments

• JillH410JillH410 Posts: 594Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I use this when I want more coverage than I get with mineral makeup:

340388.jpg

It's easy to apply and I always have good luck finding a color that matches me.
    cowash: Tresemme Naturals
    rinse out: Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Leave in: Suave naturals, whichever scent I'm into at the moment
    gel: Garnier Fructis or LA Looks

3a-3b - high porosity
  • DominoDomino Posts: 287Registered Users
    I'm almost albino pale with yellowish-peachish undertones. In summer I wear L'oreal True Match foundation and powder, N1 or W1. These are great because they come with colour coordinated concealer, powder and blush.

Another possible shade is Ivory in Covergirl (another summer foundation for me). Though I heard the powders are kinda darker, so you might want to try liquid foundations.

If you're really as pale as I am, you'll need a trip to the department store or the nearest Sephora. I'm currently using Stila oil free foundation in shade A, and that's a pretty good match. Keep in mind that other products in shade A are quite darker than this, such as the concealer.

One last idea...if you'd like to order online, Meow Cosmetics have awesome mineral foundations. The shade 0 (a.k.a. "Inquisitive") is almost white, and there are 80+ shades to choose from. I'm using Inquisitive Korat in winter and with a tiny bit of Sleek Korat mixed in the Inquisitive for summer. Just make sure you sample first, it's not easy at all to order online. If you need help with what to sample, you can ask the very helpful ladies at their forum.

Hope that helped, good luck!! :)
    :king: Priestess Brigit of the Moonlight Oracle in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :king:

Type: Mix of 1c/2c/3a , fine-ish medium, ii/iii, normal porosity
    Lenght: U-Shaped BSL
    Goal: Wavy and clumpy waist length hair
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Lancome Teint Idole (they may have changed the name slightly) is pale, although it's not ultra pale. It's definitely lighter than any drugstore foundation, including those made by L'oreal (which is owned by Lancome and has a similar range of products).

Teint Idole is is full coverge, and it's pretty easy to apply with brush or fingers. It dries to a powder finish that may look a little cakey at first. Don't use it if you have dry or flakey skin. It has a typical "department store" price, but a bottle lasts a couple of years.
  • badgercurlsbadgercurls Posts: 3,077Registered Users
    Clinique always has shades that match my pale skin, and although it's not a drugstore product, it's not much more expensive than some drugstore foundations. I've only ever used their light-to-medium coverage foundations, though, so I can't recommend a specific formula.

I am using Meow right now in one of the lighter coverage formulas (I think Purrfect Puss?) and I love how well it matches my skin. I find that if I use different types of brushes (big, fluffy powder brush vs. kabuki brush), I can get lighter or heavier coverage.
  • LisaF1163LisaF1163 Posts: 1,079Registered Users
    I'm super fair, and I use Bare Minerals in the lightest shade, with the mineral veil over that, and it's perfect.

But you said you wanted something from the drugstore, and honestly, if someone said to me, "From now on, you can only use makeup from the drugstore, so choose", my foundation would be Revlon Colorstay. Great coverage, lasts all day, several great shades for really pale skin. Ivory has very pinkish tones, and Buff is for more neutral pale skin. It's good stuff - the only reason I don't use it myself is because I just hate the feel of liquid foundation. But when I did try it, I liked it.
    CG since 1/09. Protein and Mag Sulfate sensitive.
    Hair Type - 3A.
    Co-wash - Jane Carter Solution Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner.
    Low-poo as needed - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shampoo.
    Cond./Leave-In - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner.
    Stylers - Jane Carter Solution Condition and Sculpt; Beautiful Curls Curl Defining Gel.
  • pooks1213pooks1213 Posts: 211Registered Users
    Another option would be Revlon Color Stay liquid...I'm very pale, and the color "Buff" matches perfectly. Also, it doesn't break me out (most everything does!)

I don't recommend the revlon color stay powder though...it really cakes up.
  • rockthecurlzrockthecurlz Posts: 910Registered Users
    I wear Covergirl Trublend makeup most of the time. I also like Bare Minerals for more of a natural option.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file