CurlTalk

Breast biopsy 4/15 - Ts, Ps & vibes needed (old post)

CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,572Registered Users Curl Dabbler
So I went in for the needle biopsy today. Things did not go well. :( They could not get a clear enough view with this machine to do the procedure. The calcifications show up on the digital mammogram, but not the one that guides the needle. :?

So I had 2 options: 1. wait another 6 months (it's already been 6, that would make it a year) -- or -- 2. do a standard, old fashioned biopsy (they will insert a wire to guide the surgeon).

I'm opting for 2, with the doctor's recommendation and approval. With the history of BC in the family (2 maternal aunts), we'd rather have them out and tested. Better safe than sorry. Just as long as they can do it under local anesthesia; I don't want to be put under.

I don't know whether to scream or cry. :evil: I was hoping this would be over and I'd have results by the weekend. Now I have to wait who knows how long. I'm going to run by my regular doctor's to pick up the referral to get this done ASAP.

I need some cyber hugs! :cry:
SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.

Comments

• ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    ((((())))))

Hugs to You, CL. You'll make it through this and be just fine soon.

:thumright::thumright::thumright::thumright:
  • PigletPiglet Posts: 1,451Registered Users
    *hugs* I'm thinking of you.
    Yes, my tail is naturally curly.
    No, it was NOT me who cried 'wee wee wee wee wee' all the way home.
  • LisaF1163LisaF1163 Posts: 1,079Registered Users
    Good luck, CL. We're pulling for you!
    CG since 1/09. Protein and Mag Sulfate sensitive.
    Hair Type - 3A.
    Co-wash - Jane Carter Solution Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner.
    Low-poo as needed - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shampoo.
    Cond./Leave-In - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner.
    Stylers - Jane Carter Solution Condition and Sculpt; Beautiful Curls Curl Defining Gel.
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    I'm so sorry you're going through this! Best wishes and ((((hugs)))).
    ehLB.jpg
  • journotravelerjournotraveler Posts: 2,816Registered Users
    i'm so sorry that you're going through this. waiting is the worst. hang in there.
    3B corkscrews with scatterings of 3A & 3C.
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,455Registered Users
    {{{hugs}}}
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    I'm sorry you aren't getting results as soon as you'd like. Hope it's all done sooner, rather than later and that it turns out to be nothing.
  • gemidevigemidevi Posts: 510Registered Users
    T&P and vibes sent your way!! *hugs*
    *disclaimer* spelling, grammatical and psychological errors are for your enjoyment. :)
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    I'm sorry you're going to have to wait long, CL. I would hate having the test hang over my head. Hopefully, you can get in soon, get good results, and go on with your life.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • texascurlytexascurly Posts: 1,967Registered Users
    The waiting is the absolute worst!! Thoughts, hugs, and prayers all coming your way!
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users
    You poor thing! Waiting for results sucks. (((CL)))
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnynaeve77%2F" class="Popup
    Password: orphanannie
  • eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    (((Hugs))) to you. CurliLocks!
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • munchkinmunchkin Posts: 2,909Registered Users
    Go for the breast biopsy. That will tell you the results one way or the other. I had breast cancer (calcification which showed up on the mammogram), caught it early with a biopsy, and am glad I did. I wouldn't want to wait another 6 months. If the results of the biopsy are good, then you have peace of mind. If they are bad, then hopefully you, like me, caught it early enough to treat it. I am now 4 years cancer free because I caught mine early.

Please keep us posted on what you do. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    3b/c
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Posts: 5,766Registered Users
    (( hugs )) ugh! :( I'm so sorry you have to go through that.

Bunny needs hugs too...
    Here, hug bunny..

funny-pictures-bunny-wants-hug.jpg
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,572Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    :laughing3: Cute yagotta! :)

Thanks everyone. This is just NOT my day. :mad: The surgeon the doctor referred is NOT covered by my insurance. Still waiting for another name. This is so frustrating.

I am going to do the excision biopsy. I just hope they can do it with a local. And soon.
  • sherry7899sherry7899 Posts: 897Registered Users
    Sending hugs and prayers to you!

I'm sorry to ask this here, but I need some prayers for my sister. She went for a breast biopsy today, and they were not able to complete the biopsy because she started bleeding at the site, so she has to go back again tomorrow.

Please take care,
    Sherry
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    CurliLocks wrote: »
    :laughing3: Cute yagotta! :)

Thanks everyone. This is just NOT my day. :mad: The surgeon the doctor referred is NOT covered by my insurance. Still waiting for another name. This is so frustrating.

I am going to do the excision biopsy. I just hope they can do it with a local. And soon.

It's so frustrating to have to wait for this kind of stuff. Your surgery can most likely be done with only a local. Hopefully you will get in soon and you will find answers.

I had a lump removed and biopsied many years ago when I was 18. It was inpatient, done with a local, and went very quickly. Thankfully it was nothing serious, a benign cyst.

Sending you ((hugs)), prayers, and good vibes. :blob3:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    Hairtwin - here is a hug for you ((((hug))))))!!! I will be thinking good thoughts for you as well! Also giving you an :angel5:
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • KurlyKaeKurlyKae Posts: 3,413Registered Users
    Hugs to you! Positive thought, prayers and vibes all going toward you today.
    3a/2c
    Trader Joe's Tingle conditioner wash/ conditioner
    AG re:coil, LALooks gel, John Frieda Secret Weapon
    Un-freaking-believable! This is the 2nd surgeon the doctor referred me to, and he is not on the insurance list either! :mad::mad::mad:
    The surgeon's office assures me they are covered, but the insurance says no when I call. I'm confused. :?

@$#$^^(*)(*(*%^%@#$%^%&;*() :angry4:

As my late dear gramma would say, "Sun-on-a-beach!" :evil: (in her portuguese english!) ;)

This day just SUCKS! :thumbdown:
    sherry7899 - prayers for your sister, and ((hugs)) to you both.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    CL - the third time will be charm.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • YolyCYolyC Posts: 3,758Registered Users
    Hope you can find an doctor soon. More importantly, hope the results are good. Lots of {{{{HUGS}}}

sherry7899-I hope your sister gets better results tomorrow. Good luck to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X
  • curlylew66curlylew66 Posts: 1,685Registered Users
    Hugs and Prayers CurliLocks
  • yogawavesyogawaves Posts: 368Registered Users
    I hope things will get better for you soon, sorry you are having such a hard time finding a Dr. covered by your Insurance.
    Sending you warm hugs and lots of love !, take care!
    yogawaves, formerly known as yogagirl
  • lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    CurliLocks wrote: »
    Un-freaking-believable! This is the 2nd surgeon the doctor referred me to, and he is not on the insurance list either! :mad::mad::mad:
    The surgeon's office assures me they are covered, but the insurance says no when I call. I'm confused. :?

@$#$^^(*)(*(*%^%@#$%^%&;*() :angry4:

As my late dear gramma would say, "Sun-on-a-beach!" :evil: (in her portuguese english!) ;)

This day just SUCKS! :thumbdown:

I just sent you a PM.

HUGZZZ! :love5: We'll get you through this.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    CL...see if the doc office can handle it. It's all in the code...
    (((hugs)))
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    Hopefully you won't have to wait long; better to know. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way. I had a needle biopsy in February of 2008 (all okay) and a surgical biopsy more than 10 years ago (again all okay). I've had microcalcifications for all that time.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • cyndicyndi Posts: 3,341Registered Users
    I'm so sorry. I hope things turn out okay.
    I think that I deceive genius.:happy10:
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,681Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Good thoughts coming your way, hope they can get things organised soon, waiting is such a pain.
    3b in South Australia.