leave-in + fsg

DigitDigit Posts: 4Registered Users
Hii all,
In one of the blogs i read that FSG(Flax Seed Gel) is not good(does not give good results) with leave-in conditioners. Is this true and if it is, than is it with all the leave-in or are their some specific types(brand)??
Thankx.
I am not an expert so this is what i think :
Hair type : 2c/3a
(~highly) porous
coarse

There are only two types of people in the world straight or.................... with curls ;).

Comments

• curlykristencurlykristen Posts: 113Registered Users
    Digit wrote: »
    Hii all,
    In one of the blogs i read that FSG(Flax Seed Gel) is not good(does not give good results) with leave-in conditioners. Is this true and if it is, than is it with all the leave-in or are their some specific types(brand)??
    Thankx.

My experience with FSG has been that I don't really need a leave-in under it. It seems to have better hold if you don't use one. But, I do have a few spots on my head that are drier than others, so lately I've been applying some leave-in just to those areas, and it seems to be working out well. I don't know about other brands, but the only leave-ins I've used are the KBB ones (milk, nectar and super silky - I've tried them all!) HTH! :blob8:
    Mostly 3A, some 3B/2C fine-med texture/med porosity/low density

wash: alternate co-washing with V05 & soap bars
    Rinse out: Rotate TJ's N&S, AOHR, LVPNG, GVP K-Pak, CJ CA Daily Condish
    ACV rinses 2x/wk (high pH water)
    LI: if I use one, it's usually CJ CALI CJ H&B LI, or GDLI
    Styling: FSG with AVG, AN, hemp seed oil & slippery elm (winter only), KCCC, CJ CCCC, CJ SG, CJ AFG, AOMM & BRHG

Currently experimenting w/DM Miracurls CG & MM
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    I like my homemade fsg, but my hair doesn't look right without leave-in. It gets too frizzy and there are parts of my hair that just..... don't look right. I gave it the honest go, but no matter how much fsg I would put in, it didn't look good without leave-in.

I still have frizz, but not as much as before.
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file