CurlTalk

One side has root curl, the other doesn't!

After showering this morning, I put in gel, plopped for 5 minutes, then diffused for a few minutes. I then let it air dry some more, then I diffused a little more so I didn't have to wait so long for it to dry (pixiecurl diffused). The left side of my hair looks pretty good...curls start at the roots and look decent pretty much all the way down. But, the right side is straight for about 2" or so, then it starts to curl! It looks stupid, imo. It almost looks over-curled...like I let it sit in hot rollers too long, lol! My hair is about chin-length when curly and about collar-bone length straight. But, I do have layers, so my hair looks really weird. I am just not happy with it at all today! I can't seem to figure out diffusing...it's either over-curled or not curled enough :(

Excuse the way I look...first thing in the morning pre-makeup!

Front view...just looks messy!
P4020392.jpg

Left side looks pretty good
Day64-22.jpg

Right side looks really weird! See how the curl doesn't start as high up as the left side?
Day64-2.jpg

Comments

• masa_innmasa_inn Posts: 306Registered Users
    I think every curly at some point has to get used to the idea that our hair has a mind of its own :) Sometimes it just wants to do what it wants to do, no matter what techniques/products we use.

Your curls look fabulous and not weird at all.
    Brunette, almost BSL length, growing out.
    CG since Feb 2008, modified CG since September 2008.

I now know my texture/porosity!! (TY, Tiffany!) Medium texture; ends on a porous side; new growth - normal porosity.

Wash: Suave; EO Sweet Orange shampoo

Conditioner: GVP Balm, Mango Lustrasilk

Styling: KCCC, BRHG and LA Looks

Want to try: CJ
  • lasaritalasarita Posts: 32Registered Users
    Maybe if you clipped the roots while diffusing to give some lift?? I just clipped last night while air drying and sleeping and I like the lift I got. I'm just discovering all this, but I think your curls are LOVELY.
    CG since 3/31/09... going curly is honoring God's creation! :angel10:
    2c /3a/3b, med. porosity, LOTS of fine hair
    low-poo: Giovanni TTT, Whispering Windz
    conditioners: suave / Vo5 naturals, Giovanni 50/50, GVPCB
    DT: Korres hair mask
    stylers: LASG, KY, Pink Boots!
    Wishlist for winter: CJ, KBB and a diffuser
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    Is your hair parted on the side? It looks like it in one of the pictures but I can't tell for sure.

AAR - if it is, mine is better on the heavier side. I think my side part gives the illusion of better root curl because when I part in the middle it's about the same on both sides.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fwhatsercurl%2F" class="Popup

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • purplecurls27purplecurls27 Posts: 73Registered Users
    Is your hair parted on the side? It looks like it in one of the pictures but I can't tell for sure.

AAR - if it is, mine is better on the heavier side. I think my side part gives the illusion of better root curl because when I part in the middle it's about the same on both sides.

Yes, it is parted on the side slightly. However, it's the lighter side that looks better, oddly. I may try center-parting all but my bangs to see if that helps it even out some. I thought I did this morning, but I didn't have a mirror, so I guess it didn't part in the middle like I thought.