Post-stripping help!

shemeanswellshemeanswell Posts: 1Registered Users
Somehow last night I was convinced to have the many layers of semi-permanent purple and dark brown color stripped from my hair by a colorist-in-training. I'd like to go ash blonde eventually.

My hair is now light brown-orange (brorange?) and brittle and frizzy and has me eying the hair clipper.

Any help would be appreciated. I don't use products (I'm protein-sensitive and cheap) in my hair, but I think I may need to start. Would olive oil help? Does anyone have drugstore low-protein leave-in conditioner recommendations?

Can I dye ash brown over it? Or would this defeat the point of stripping it in the first place?

Thanks for your responses. I hope someone else will learn from my mistakes!

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hi - a similar disaster happened to me and I'll bet thousands of other women. If you live in NYC and can afford it, go to Louis Licari hair salon because they specialize in color. They saved my hair but I'm not sure exactly what they did. I got my real brunette color back.

If you don't live in NYC, I hope you can find a similar type salon. I can totally relate - good luck!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • JustKitty6JustKitty6 Posts: 32Registered Users
    So I stripped my hair twice then colored it with gold mixed with red and got this really nice color. BUT then I destroyed my 9 months of transitioning with a relaxer so PLEASE ladies I need some info on a good moisturizing shampoo, conditioner, leave-in, deep treatment & moisturizer. OH and some oils to stimulate my scalp to make the new growth healthy. I love the color and will definitely strip my hair again but I will NEVER EVER EVER perm my hair again!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file