Where to find information?

I'm starting to make my own gel. Does anyone have a link or a list with the benefits of using different oils or butters? Thanks!

Comments

• wash'nwaviewash'nwavie Posts: 38Registered Users
    OK, I'm slowly answering my own question. I needed to be a little more patient with google.

Here's a few links in case you are interested.
    http://forum.blackhairplanet.com/f42/list-essential-carrier-oils-hair-1961/
    I had to sign up to get this list. This is the post.
    Choose 100 percent pure essential oils-only these offer healthful benefits. The label will state "100% pure." You can find them at health food stores and online. Don’t use synthetic oils as they do not have the same benefits.
    Popular Essential Oils for the Hair:
    Basi l –promotes hair growth
    Cedarwood -antiseptic, astringent, tonic reduces the production of seburm, normalizes both dry and oily skin and hair, stimulates the scalp and hair follicles, used in hair care to treat dandruff and hair loss
    Chamomile- Conditions the hair, helps with making sheen
    Eucalyptus- Powerful antiseptic, helps to get rid of dandruff
    Frakincense- Great for dry scalp
    Jasmine- Used mostly for scent
    Lavender- Scalp treatment for itchiness, dandruff and for the smell.
    Lemon- Refresh invigorate, improve elasticity, helps to cleanse the scalp
    Lemon grass- Useful for oily hair, help to slow down scalp oil production
    Myrrh- Can be used for dry hair, scalp & dandruff
    Orange- Balances the production of sebum
    Palmarosa- Regulates sebum production
    Patchouli- Dandruff treatment for oily hair
    Peppermint- Promotes hair growth
    Rose Oil- Soothes scalp and smells great
    Rosemary Oil- Promotes hair growth & Dandruff treatment- DO NOT USE IF NOT PREGNANT!
    Tea Tree- Treat for dry scalp, oily scalp, dandruff and underactive sebaceous glands
    Sandalwood- An antiseptic, astringent, anti-inflammatory, good for dry scalp
    Ylang-ylang- A soothing antiseptic, helps to control the production of sebum and stimulates hair growth

Popular Carrier Oils for the Hair:
    Almond Oil- Non-greasy, spreads & absorbs easily and is also great for nourishing the hair
    Apricot Kernel Oil- Good for dry hair, rich in essential fatty acids, Oleic and Linoleic acid, spreads easily on the skin
    Avocado Oil- Very light, nourishing to the hair contains vitamins A & E and especially large amounts of vitamin D and postassium, highest protein content of any fruit
    Castor Oil- Acts a humectant by attracting and retaining moisture to the hair. In combination with other oils, great emollient
    Grapeseed Oil- A light, odorless oil which vitamins, proteins, and minerals, contains vitamin E and steroids, great emollient and moisturizer
    Hazelnut Oil- Medium weight oil and very penetrating, contains oleic acid and a sm amt of linoleic acid
    Jojoba Oil- This resembles sebum which is the oil the scalp secretes, for massage blends mix 50% jojoba with another carrier oil, can be applied without diluting.
    Aloe Vera, Carrot, Castor, Olive , Papaya, Safflower, Sweet Almond, Walnut, Wheat germ

http://www.nappykitchen.com/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=23

Any more like this?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file