A Curly Trim?

Okay ive got some split ends and i need to get a trim. i dont want to go to a regular salon because ill be drenched in silicones.

if i go to a curly place, ill be fine with silicones but it will be expensive, and ill probably have more taken off than wanted..

what to do...?
--xxmisschrisxx
3a since going CG!
CG on 10/12/08. free of cones, sulfates, and shampoo! added shampoo bars 1/80/09.
using:
shampoo bars (wind blossom)
condish - burts bees super shiny
styling - confused and running out of products. TRYING LOOB!
trying: tweek...barely.
WAITING to try: Melting Gel...resisting the urge to become a PJ...kind of...
Dislikes: molasses and CK :( so unfortunately...

Comments

• Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Take your own products with you. The Daily Curl had a great article about getting your hair cut the other day if that helps.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• lizzlebelizzlelizzlebelizzle Posts: 287Registered Users
    When I go to a salon, I let them do whatever to my hair. I'm CG, but for how often I get my hair cut (every 4 months or so) I don't think it does me much harm to let them put their silicones in my hair, then I can shampoo when I get home and start my routine again with a blank slate. It's also an opportunity to get rid of any buildup I may have been accumulating over that time. My hair might be a little whacked out at first but no lasting harm.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file