Has anyone tried

rosabearrrosabearr BannedPosts: 165Banned Users
The conditoner Naked Naturals - I bought from Rite Aid

This claims to have No Lauryl/Laureth Sulfates

Here the link to the product I am talking about
http://www.riteaidonlinestore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=193661&catid=28990&trx=PLST-0-CAT&trxp1=28990&trxp2=193661&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-CAT&cmbProdBrandFilter=56570

Comments

• tinahtinah Posts: 1,195Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Conditioner or shampoo? You linked to the shampoo. If you're going CG the condtioner has cones in it.
    CG - 3/27/09
    3b - dry - medium texture/medium porosity!
    Co wash/rinseout/leave in: currently auditioning products
    Styling: lube and BRHG
  • rosabearrrosabearr Banned Posts: 165Banned Users
    I bought conditioner - I know the link for shampoo. I don't realize this until after I posted the question but this time here the link to the conditioner.

http://www.riteaidonlinestore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=193663&catid=29006&trx=PLST-0-CAT&trxp1=29006&trxp2=193663&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-CAT&cmbProdBrandFilter=56570

I don't know if I am going to CG - I have no income so I buy what on sale but as far as picking ingredients that don't have clue "really don't matter to me. The main that matter for me if works good on the hair base on results not what someone claims is CG or not no offends but it hard to read ingredients " I don't work in laboratory so how would i know if contains a cone.

Is not true that most shampoo & conditioners contain one or more cone?
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    rosabearr wrote: »
    I bought conditioner - I know the link for shampoo. I don't realize this until after I posted the question but this time here the link to the conditioner.

http://www.riteaidonlinestore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=193663&catid=29006&trx=PLST-0-CAT&trxp1=29006&trxp2=193663&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-CAT&cmbProdBrandFilter=56570

I don't know if I am going to CG - I have no income so I buy what on sale but as far as picking ingredients that don't have clue "really don't matter to me. The main that matter for me if works good on the hair base on results not what someone claims is CG or not no offends but it hard to read ingredients " I don't work in laboratory so how would i know if contains a cone.

Is not true that most shampoo & conditioners contain one or more cone?

No, it's not true. There are plenty of shampoo and conditioners that do not contain cones. I've personally never used the Naked Naturals line but I know some here have. If you are going CG, this particular conditioner is not a good one to use as it has one of the cones that definitely needs a sulfate shampoo to remove (first one listed in bold). If you don't care about silicones, then go for it :

Water (Agua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, PG Proyl Silanetriol, Helianthus Annuus Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia Extract, Glycerine Soya Oil, Hedychium Coronarium Root Extract, Butylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Steryl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Laureth 9, Trideceth 12, Amodimethicone, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Stearamine Oxide, C11 15 Pareth 7, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Fragrance
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • a.l.i.c.e.a.l.i.c.e. Posts: 673Registered Users
    I don't know about Naked Naturals, but based on your previous post, if you want a cheap, simple solution to finding a conditioner without cones, try VO5 or Suave Naturals conditioners. None of those have cones; they are WONDERFUL for cowashing (I shampoo once a week, but cowash for my other washes during the week), and they are DIRT CHEAP (usually around $1 per bottle, much less than Naked Naturals). I prefer Suave to VO5. The Suave Aloe and Waterlily is my favorite variety, but other good ones are the Tropical Coconut, Vanilla Floral, Cucumber, and Tangerine.
    botticelli-ish bob.

Current Routine:
    -Suave Aloe & Waterlily cowash/leave-in
    -Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    -FOTE aloe vera gel
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I used their Citrus and Keratin formula products for a bit just before going CG. The conditioner does contain some silicones but their sulfate-free shampoo removed them fine. It made my hair too soft, and I ended up giving it to my mother.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
    Thanks for point out the cone ingridents - I will try to spot them next time I try reading the label again. I always do.

I will try out for couple of days if does not work well. I might give the Giovanni but don't see this one sale at Rita or CVS often only once about month ago. If anyone know a store that has sale on it let me know.

I like to stick for buy 2/5.00 or buy 1 get one free.
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    rosabearr wrote: »
    Thanks for point out the cone ingridents - I will try to spot them next time I try reading the label again. I always do.

I will try out for couple of days if does not work well. I might give the Giovanni but don't see this one sale at Rita or CVS often only once about month ago. If anyone know a store that has sale on it let me know.

I like to stick for buy 2/5.00 or buy 1 get one free.

My local Rite-Aids have Giovanni, sometimes buy one/get one. It's usually $7-8 there or most anywhere else, so about the same price as Naked Naturals.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • LisaF1163LisaF1163 Posts: 1,079Registered Users
    Trader Joe's brand also makes a great conditioner that's CG friendly and really cheap.
    CG since 1/09. Protein and Mag Sulfate sensitive.
    Hair Type - 3A.
    Co-wash - Jane Carter Solution Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner.
    Low-poo as needed - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shampoo.
    Cond./Leave-In - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner.
    Stylers - Jane Carter Solution Condition and Sculpt; Beautiful Curls Curl Defining Gel.
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    LisaF1163 wrote: »
    Trader Joe's brand also makes a great conditioner that's CG friendly and really cheap.
    I love the TJ's Nourish and at $3 a bottle you can't beat it :happy7:
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• tycho19tycho19 Posts: 805Registered Users
    The NN smoothing conditioner was not moisturizing enough for me. The shampoo is decent, though. Very thick, I dilute it a bit before using.
    2B/2C wavy
    Don't Breed and Buy While Shelter Dogs Die - Adopt your next best friend!
    I will try to see if trader Joes not to far from me.

If not maybe will pick up one of the conditioner?

Which one do you use that is CG? What is the name of the brand and what color bottle does it come in?
    I did look up trader joes on the website and there some location close to me. I might go there today maybe in next couple of hours

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file