devacut shorten drying time?

i'd like to get a devacut because i'm hearing great things about them but i need to think of a lot of really good reasons to convince my mom to let me, mostly because of the price and shes a straight haired lady and doesnt understand the need for a different hairdresser when i've been going to the same one for about 5 years(i've always had my hair straight, shes not deva trained). so do you think devacut made your drying time less? right now i diffuse my hair for 45 minutes in the morning so i'm sure she would let me get one if i knew that a cut like this would cut the drying time down alot

Comments

• Laura LeeLaura Lee Posts: 1,828Registered Users
    i'd like to get a devacut because i'm hearing great things about them but i need to think of a lot of really good reasons to convince my mom to let me, mostly because of the price and shes a straight haired lady and doesnt understand the need for a different hairdresser when i've been going to the same one for about 5 years(i've always had my hair straight, shes not deva trained). so do you think devacut made your drying time less? right now i diffuse my hair for 45 minutes in the morning so i'm sure she would let me get one if i knew that a cut like this would cut the drying time down alot

I wouldn't site dry time as the big push to get a deva cut. I'd explain that curly hair needs to be cut dry because unlike straight hair, curly hair has 3 dimensions. When you wet curly hair, the shape of the curls is lost because of the weight of the water. You're trying to shape a hair cut from a wet shape that looks completely different from the dry shape. It doesn't make a lot of sense to cut curly hair wet. Some curlies go to regular, non-deva stylists and have great results. It depends on who your dealing with. There are bad deva stylists and good deva stylists, just like there are bad regular stylists and good ones too. I personally have always had terrible cuts from non-deva stylists and will never ever leave my current deva stylist if I can help it.

That being said though, of course if you get some weight taken off your hair and you go shorter, your dry time will be cut down.
  • kayemmkay159kayemmkay159 Posts: 171Registered Users
    oohhhhh!
    well my current stylist insisted on chopping off four inches of my hair because she thought it would look much better when i wanted long angles, and it hate it. i'm really hoping to see a devastylist:]
  • marybethmarybeth Posts: 342Registered Users

45 minutes with the blow fryer? i would not blow dry that long to begin with, even with a diffuser, it drys out your hair. if you turn your head upside down while it is still soaking wet and shake your head from side to side, give it a good shake, then scrunch with paper towels or a microfiber towel or even a cloth baby diaper works well, then just let it air dry. you will be amazed at how much healthier your hair looks. tell mom that curly hair needs to be cut dry so the curl formation can be seen while cutting, as the girls above stated.

good luck,
    mb

3Aer...Botticelli Curls

• k_vssyk_vssy Posts: 240Registered Users
    You could try the angle that if you get a good curly cut it should last longer than another cut because it will continue to look decent as it grows out. So the initial cut might cost more, but you should not have to have it done again quite as frequently.
    3a
    Currently Using: Suave Coconut, Aldi's Biolage Conditioning Balm knockoff, LOOB, and LA Looks sport gel....cheap and simple seems to be working better!
    ModCG since 10/31/08
    45 minutes with the blow fryer? i would not blow dry that long to begin with, even with a diffuser, it drys out your hair. if you turn your head upside down while it is still soaking wet and shake your head from side to side, give it a good shake, then scrunch with paper towels or a microfiber towel or even a cloth baby diaper works well, then just let it air dry. you will be amazed at how much healthier your hair looks. tell mom that curly hair needs to be cut dry so the curl formation can be seen while cutting, as the girls above stated

yes 45 minutes sadly. if i just let it air dry it takes four hours and thats practically my whole school day, i'm totally lost as what to do!:[ i do do the upside down thing, but i use a t-shirt and paper towels it just doesnt cut it:[
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    45 minutes with the blow fryer? i would not blow dry that long to begin with, even with a diffuser, it drys out your hair. if you turn your head upside down while it is still soaking wet and shake your head from side to side, give it a good shake, then scrunch with paper towels or a microfiber towel or even a cloth baby diaper works well, then just let it air dry. you will be amazed at how much healthier your hair looks. tell mom that curly hair needs to be cut dry so the curl formation can be seen while cutting, as the girls above stated

yes 45 minutes sadly. if i just let it air dry it takes four hours and thats practically my whole school day, i'm totally lost as what to do!:[ i do do the upside down thing, but i use a t-shirt and paper towels it just doesnt cut it:[
    Sweetie that is just TOO long to be drying your hair!! Why not air dry/diffuse 20mins/finish air drying???
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
    Sweetie that is just TOO long to be drying your hair!! Why not air dry/diffuse 20mins/finish air drying???
    because my hair would still take atleast two hours to dry after that...i dont want to do it that long, i just can't go outside with wet hair cause i'll freeze..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file