Fotki alternatives

msjaimmsjaim Registered Users Posts: 948
im trying to see if i should give up the 25 bucks, but im tired of "ppls" hand in my pocket...im late as hell. didnt know they made all of these restrictions ..what alternatives to fotki r u all using?

Comments

• QVCDivaQVCDiva Registered Users Posts: 1,329
    right now I'm using the free part of fotki, so I'm not paying anything. Have had a photobucket account for years. I've been toying with just moving my fotki pics over to photobucket.
    Last Relaxer: 09/19/08
    BC: 01/30/09
    Misc: 1st time going natural was '94-'98; 2nd time - '99-2003; This time I will not go back to relaxers.
    http://public.fotki.com/QVCDiva/
  • shawnetteshawnette Registered Users Posts: 482 Curl Neophyte
    I have Myspace, Facebook and my own website. On Myspace, I just created an additional album that's just hair stuff.
  • CurlyHead74CurlyHead74 Registered Users Posts: 113
    I use the Picasa Web album w/gmail
  • Alice_42 Alice_42 Registered Users Posts: 791 Curl Neophyte
    photobucket!
    event.png

Last relaxer: August 2008
    Big Chop: December 2008/January 2009
    Blog: Alice in Nappyland
  • shakeshake Registered Users Posts: 404
    photobucket, facebook, myspace, i also use free fotki
    comic-p.jpg

http://fotki.com/shake-shake

Peace, Light, and Love
  • sugartwistsugartwist Registered Users Posts: 156
    Fotki is free. Just request additional space every 30 days and you are good to go. I have been with them for 4 years and never created a new album because they always give you additional space. Also, if you delete the originals after you upload you have more space then if you keep them. Good Luck!
  • mzmillionmzmillion Registered Users Posts: 874
    Yes you can keep your fotki, I just found out about the additional space thing. Thats all I need, you can add like 60MB of space every 30 days or something. So I'm good to go
    4a/b hair that fro's more than curls!
    Co-Wash: Tressemme', HE, Avon
    Leave In: SM Shea Butter Conditioner. SMCH Smoothie
    Deep Treat: Avon AT Masks, Henna, Amla, Avanti
    Stylers: Aloe Vera Butter, Eco Styler on dry hair, SM products
    My Fotki - 1/22
    My Twitter
    My Youtube

• pulchri2dinouspulchri2dinous Registered Users Posts: 1,014
    sugartwist wrote: »
    Fotki is free. Just request additional space every 30 days and you are good to go. I have been with them for 4 years and never created a new album because they always give you additional space. Also, if you delete the originals after you upload you have more space then if you keep them. Good Luck!

How can I do this?
    4, fine, low-medium density, low porosity

event.png

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." - Confucius
  • cammiecamcammiecam Registered Users Posts: 122
    Yes I'd like to know too. I didn't want to pay for fokti so I just created a blog. I hate that every little thing on the internet costs money... the internet is supposed to be FREE!
  • nikkibeinikkibei Registered Users Posts: 7
    sugartwist wrote: »

How can I do this?

After you login: click on Go To tab, then click on My Account, look on the right hand side under Account Information and it will have a link that says Ask for add'l space.
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Registered Users Posts: 5,400 Curl Connoisseur
    nikkibei wrote: »
    After you login: click on Go To tab, then click on My Account, look on the right hand side under Account Information and it will have a link that says Ask for add'l space.

Thank you!
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • pulchri2dinouspulchri2dinous Registered Users Posts: 1,014
    It's 50MB :thumbright:. Thank you!
    4, fine, low-medium density, low porosity

event.png

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." - Confucius
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Registered Users Posts: 3,861 Curl Neophyte
    You could google "free photo hosting" and get a ton of available sites. I use a few different ones: flickr, photobucket, fotki, Picasa, and my Google blogs.

I guess I should downsize or consolidate... lol

Oh and thanks to everyone for the tip about requesting more space. I didn't know you could do that on Fotki. 8)
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • mariag002mariag002 Registered Users Posts: 3,557 Curl Neophyte
    I just joined this site: http://www.fabhairproject.com/

The owner of the website is a LHCF member. Its brand new so I am still learning how to search stuff. What I like is that I can do product reviews and have more features than Fotki allows. This is free so that's always a good thing.
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• msjaimmsjaim Registered Users Posts: 948
    i think im going to put my lil albums on image shack.. for some reason it isnt blocked @ the gig.
  • Kinky RhonnieKinky Rhonnie Registered Users Posts: 1,166
    I always delete my originals and request additional space every 30 days as well.

All photos are resized so deleting the originals has no effect on the actual albums/folders.
    IMG_2442+-+Copy+2.JPG
    Get up to $10 off your first order at http://www.iherb.com. Use discount code: CAR231.

My Blog: http://kinkyrhonnie.blogspot.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file