HELP ME!!!!!!

Ok, don't get me wrong; I love my curly hair (sometimes), but its just TOO THICK!!! It does'nt stay, hmmm, flat, and by that i kinda mean it goes OUT, on somedays even like a triangle! I have no idea what to do; should I cut it? If so, how would you recommend? Bangs? I've consiedered a perm, but it is just too much money that I am willing to spend on my hair. PLEASE HELP! This is an S.O.S.! :-(

Comments

• rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    I'm yer gal - WAY too much hair. Going CG saved me. I highly recommend considering it.

The right cut, care, products and technique will help you embrace what you've got!
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • tjcjlc99tjcjlc99 Posts: 24Registered Users
    im right there with you. i have enough hair for 3ppl, so it gets huge. im constantly trying to figure it out. ill be keeping an eye on this thready. :)
    **Tiana**
    curlyhead 3b,3c AND 4a otherwise known as my big mess :)
  • curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Posts: 2,034Registered Users
    rudeechick wrote: »
    I'm yer gal - WAY too much hair. Going CG saved me. I highly recommend considering it.

The right cut, care, products and technique will help you embrace what you've got!

I agree. My stylists have always said I have enough hair on my head for four people. Going CG - and everything that goes along with taking care of your hair - has helped so much. It's like I have a different head of hair now!
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/
  • DEL2CDEL2C Curl Neophyte Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    WAY too much hair over here always trying to calm down the POOF. When the weather is warmer I can't live w/o CK it calms the frizz and poof like nothing else. In the Winter it's a lot of condish and gel, I need a lot of product to weigh my hair down. You can try using the Google Search for threads using key words to help you out as well.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • EarthyCurlsEarthyCurls Posts: 495Registered Users
    go CG and get layers. When my hair's longer it weights itself down more which makes it smaller.
    manya994 wrote: »
    go CG and get layers. When my hair's longer it weights itself down more which makes it smaller.
    Good point!
    My Photobucket Album
  • lizzlebelizzlelizzlebelizzle Posts: 287Registered Users
    Yeah when my hair starts getting a little too horizontal and I start looking like the woman from Dilbert that's usually a signal that I need to go get a cut.
  • rosabearrrosabearr Banned Posts: 165Banned Users
    I know what you mean naturally curly hair actually full of lots of frizz plus puffness

One thing I love and probably can't go without for my hair is Hot Air Brush - I love to use to curl the ends. I love to use daily if I can and use heat protection spray such as Treesme & Suave with a little bit of hair serum.

It only takes me about maybe 20 minutes at the most to give a relax look "this comment coming my fiance mouth" plus the heat treamer spray smell really good I get feeling from my fiance he is turn on by the smell.
  • marinacurlzmarinacurlz Posts: 1,720Registered Users
    :hello2:Va va va volume over here! I have always had lots of hair, also have been known to break a few barettes/clips every now and then. I agree with the CG and layers. The layers definitely help my hair lay more uniformly otherwise it looks like one of Marge Simpson's sisters!
    http://public.fotki.com/TLGuerrero/

password: curly

3B w/3A underneath

Medium texture
    Average porosity

Crazy-picky hair; likes some oils and proteins, but not others, can tolerate some glycerin.

Current products-
    Co-wash: Suave/Vo5/TJ Refresh
    Rinse out & Leave in: Suave Tropical Coconut/Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Gel: Herbal Essences Set Me Up/Aussie Tizz No Frizz
  • rosabearrrosabearr Banned Posts: 165Banned Users
    I have got layer hair cut several times

I would only get the cut inless your going to style often

If not it best to cut it straight.

I don't know but I prefer have my hair straight.

I normally cut 1/2 to 1. Sometimes 2in
    OK... so those who are familiar with my hair know I do my best to contain its sheer mass.

I just noticed something, however. On the days that I love the way my hair looks it looks very contained, shiny and well defined. But when I see PICTURES of my hair taken on the days when it looks fuller, fuzzier and wilder then I would like, I prefer it in those pictures....

Not quite sure how I am first noticing this at 46, but then again, I havent ever constantly taken pictures of my hair before like I do for here.
    My Photobucket Album
  • LisaF1163LisaF1163 Posts: 1,079Registered Users
    manya994 wrote: »
    This. In a nutshell. Going CG and getting a great cut has brought my volume WAAAAY down.

And I have you all beat - my mother said that when I was born, I had enough hair for myself and the other 11 babies in the nursery! :toothy8:
    CG since 1/09. Protein and Mag Sulfate sensitive.
    Hair Type - 3A.
    Co-wash - Jane Carter Solution Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner.
    Low-poo as needed - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shampoo.
    Cond./Leave-In - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner.
    Stylers - Jane Carter Solution Condition and Sculpt; Beautiful Curls Curl Defining Gel.
  • curlyandproud124112curlyandproud124112 Posts: 49Registered Users
    Use pins under your hair and pin in a way where the volume is increased. Also, get your hir cut in long layers.
    Hair Type: 2c/3a/3b
    Products: Redken ringlet 07, It works perfectly! a match made in heaven

I LOVE being curly!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file