Robert Craig questions

morecurlymorecurly Posts: 4Registered Users
i have dark brown hair and have greys coming in. I saw it posted on here that Robert Craig is a deposit haircolor.

How is this different than salon color or stuff you buy from sallys? Does it fade? about how often do you retouchup you hair?

Comments

• CurlzillaCurlzilla Posts: 59Registered Users
    I just tried it for the first time and I am really impressed with it. I was going for a medium slightly dark brown. If you try it, definitely send a picture to the Karen from the site and have her recommend your color because she recommended ash blonde and ash brown for me and it was still too dark! I do notice some fading, but that was a good thing in my case. The stuff was really dark the first few days. What impressed me mostly is how gentle it seems to be. My hair felt SOOO good after and looked smoother and less frizzy after coloring with this stuff. It smelled so much better than regular color. But beware this stuff stains like a Mofo! Dont let it get on your floor or sink. I will definitely continue to lose it. It covered up my greys and doesn't damage my hair like drugstore and sallys colors do. I will just add more blonde next time.
    REGIME
    Poos and Cleansers: KathyMac soap bars, Giovanni Tea Tree Conditioner, Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo, BB Curl Cleansing Conditioner, V05 Strawberry Cream

Deep Condition Treatments: CJ Deep Fix, Jessicurl OShea

Rinse Out Conditioner: Trader Joe Nourish, Giovanni 50/50, Biolage Conditioning Balm, LVPNG (I LOVE this stuff)

Leave-in: Giovanni Direct Leave In, KBB Nectar, KCKT

Styling: I heart KCCC, CJ Coco Curly Cream, Komaza Curly Pudding, Boots, Garnier Fructis Spray Gel
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Sorry, I've been slacking on the boards lately. Too much personal stuff lately. But here you go:

I don't usually notice much fading, but I get visible gray growth within a few weeks. :( It just grows too fast, not fading off. I retouch the roots only every 4 weeks or so. I pull it through the rest of the hair about once every 2-3 months to refresh.

It does not contain ammonia or peroxide that open the cuticle too much and lift natural color. This just deposits the new color on top of your own. That makes a big difference when it does fade, you don't get brassy! :)

First rule though: choose a color about 2 shades lighter than you think you want, as they do go darker on curls.

I'm fairly good at helping choose colors. If you show me pics and LMK which RC swatch is most like your natural color, and most like you want to achieve, I can try to help. :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • CurlzillaCurlzilla Posts: 59Registered Users
    I thought Id update. Mine really seems to be fading. Like I said, first I was horrified by how dark it was but it lightened up quite a bit. Also I had gotten ash to cover up reds and I am seeing red showing through again. Maybe its the kind of hair I have. It's thick but super fine. I still like it a lot. How often do you think is safe to recolor with RC?
    REGIME
    Poos and Cleansers: KathyMac soap bars, Giovanni Tea Tree Conditioner, Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo, BB Curl Cleansing Conditioner, V05 Strawberry Cream

Deep Condition Treatments: CJ Deep Fix, Jessicurl OShea

Rinse Out Conditioner: Trader Joe Nourish, Giovanni 50/50, Biolage Conditioning Balm, LVPNG (I LOVE this stuff)

Leave-in: Giovanni Direct Leave In, KBB Nectar, KCKT

Styling: I heart KCCC, CJ Coco Curly Cream, Komaza Curly Pudding, Boots, Garnier Fructis Spray Gel
  • morecurlymorecurly Posts: 4Registered Users
    i'm interested in knowing this also. and is it safe to do it this often?
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Curlzilla - you might need to go a few shades lighter, then use heat and/or leave the color on longer to really penetrate the grays.

Is it fading on just the gray roots, or all the hair?

RC Color is very gentle. You can color your hair with RC whenever needed, like every 3 weeks for touchup or whatever. But remember, you only need to color new growth each time. Then refresh the rest of the head every other time or so as needed, for just 10 min or so.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • akcurlmomakcurlmom Posts: 1Registered Users
    Im looking at my robert craig box as I sit right now, gonna to this thing in a minute(done putting it off), however I did do some looking and found something intresting. Robert Craig does infact have peroxide! Sodium perborate mixed with water is peroxide I found it on these links...
    http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ID=78110/Robert_Craig_Hair_Color/0/Hair_Color/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_perborate

I do like how one of the reviews said pretty much pick your better of the evils. Just wanted to share, Im off to try my boxes now.
  • egyptiancurls89egyptiancurls89 Posts: 607Registered Users
    sooo what color do you think i should get if i want so dark brown its almost black? also does it really have peroxide?
    3B~Fine, porus, and really long
    HG's~Plopping and Homemade FSG!! Thank you BB :toothy10:
    :farao:Proud To Be Egyptian!
    "Your head is like a crown on you.
    It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
    Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
    I am captured by your flowing curls."
    Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights