How do you revive your curls after a sweaty workout?

sistahmaryisissistahmaryisis Posts: 157Registered Users
I read this question on Curly Nikki's blog and thought I'd post it here . . .

This is what I do . . .

When I work out I usually wear a high loose ponytail or bun . . . after working out I apply tea tree hair oil to my scalp. This oil works has an antiseptic effect and will kill any bacteria the sweat may cause to build up on your scalp. I then jump in the shower and let my misting/steaming setting on my showerhead take over . . . it doesn't saturate the hair but adds a bit of moisture/wetness. After getting out I use either Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol as a leave-in or Pantene Relaxed and Natural Conditioner . . . then I section my hair off and apply [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] . . . it only takes about 15 to 20 minutes to dry and it works great!

Comments

• millie_(A)TCKmillie_(A)TCK Posts: 404Registered Users
    Why not just cowash? Wouldn't that too remove any sweat bacteria? I do like the idea though of use the anti-septic hair oil though if you had something to do after the gym and just wanted a quick shower and to have a shower cap on.
    3c/4a. Very Fine and Thin.
    Moisturizers: QB Burdock Root butter creme, Curl Junkie, Abba Pure Gentle leave-in
    Styling Products: Curls Souffle, Curl Junkie Coffee Creme
    Curl Cremes: Jessicurl Confident Coils
    Conditioners: Deva Curl One, Mixed Chics DC, Nature's Gate Biotin
    DT:AO Honeysuckle Rose, Coconut oil.
  • sistahmaryisissistahmaryisis Posts: 157Registered Users
    Why not just cowash? Wouldn't that too remove any sweat bacteria? I do like the idea though of use the anti-septic hair oil though if you had something to do after the gym and just wanted a quick shower and to have a shower cap on.

One could do that . . .however I work out almost every day and don't want to co-wash that often. I, personally don't like co-washing every single day as it causes more buildup than I like and makes me have to shampoo more often (which I really don't want to do).
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I go to the gym at 5:30 am before work...so the first thing that I do is I put on a cotton scarf over my hair to absorb some of the moisture from the sweat. Before I hop in the shower, I spritz my hair with a mix that contains rosemary EO, peppermint EO, conditioner, and oil. I make sure to pay close attetion to my scalp. Then I shower and get dressed and roll out.
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sistahmaryisissistahmaryisis Posts: 157Registered Users
    I go to the gym at 5:30 am before work...so the first thing that I do is I put on a cotton scarf over my hair to absorb some of the moisture from the sweat. Before I hop in the shower, I spritz my hair with a mix that contains rosemary EO, peppermint EO, conditioner, and oil. I make sure to pay close attetion to my scalp. Then I shower and get dressed and roll out.

Your spritz mix sounds great . . . I may have to copy cat you!
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have to confess that my workouts are less sweaty than they used to be. I haven't done cardio forever. I do a circuit strength/resistance/core training and that does get me somewhat sweaty but not dripping down the face and from the pits sweaty. Also I usually workout in the later afternoon or after work. I pull my hair into a pony puff and leave it there. After the workout I let the dampness dry as much as possible before undoing the puff and fluffing it.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • legette68legette68 Posts: 216Registered Users
    I work out everyday and I usually co-wash. I just don't like the idea of sweat remaining in my hair. If I don't co-wash I would just rinse my hair out with water. I don't think keeping that sweat in your hair is good for your hair.
    But I usually work out to the point that my hair is dripping wet.
    Thick, coarse 3C hair:coffee:
    BC Feb 2009/ relaxer free since 06/08
    Second time around!

http://public.fotki.com/legette68

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file