How to get the curls without sleep routine?

so my hair is a disaster but i've found the perfect routine that makes my curls look great...but it takes a night. i have to wash my hair, scrunch with tons of mousse, and then let it dry, go to sleep, and i wake up the curls are absolutely perfect..they are defined but soft and loose. this is great, but sometimes i need to style my hair for that day and dont have a night to beautify my curls.

without the sleep, my hair is just really crunchy and the curls dont look good at all.

what can i do??

thanks in advance :]

Comments

• msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    Have you tried scrunching out the crunch once your hair is totally dry?
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • danisdanis Posts: 2Registered Users
    yeah ive done that but it didnt take the crunch out of the top of my hair because my hair is long so the ends were alright, a little frizzy but ok, and the top was hard and crunchy

i think it did it wrong though?? i just scrunched the hair from the ends upwards and it just made it really frizzy and did nothing to the top of my head and killed the curls

how do you do it right?

• onethousandcurlsonethousandcurls Posts: 1,118Registered Users
    I always flip my head over and gently scrunch big handfuls of hair. If it's not that crunchy or I'm just getting some stiffness out, I use bare hands. Mostly I use KBB butter (like a pomade, for my use) to coat my hands to calm frizz and soften drier spots.
    3b/c, CG 9/18/08
    Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
    Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    danis wrote: »
    yeah ive done that but it didnt take the crunch out of the top of my hair because my hair is long so the ends were alright, a little frizzy but ok, and the top was hard and crunchy

i think it did it wrong though?? i just scrunched the hair from the ends upwards and it just made it really frizzy and did nothing to the top of my head and killed the curls

how do you do it right?

I do the same as onethousandcurls except when I flip over I gently run my fingers up into the roots and work them back and forth a little to loosen my hair away from my scalp and then start scrunching. I just use bare hands (for me, sometimes using any product deflates my curls). Make sure to wait until your hair is TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY DRY first.

Good luck!
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oompa loompaoompa loompa Posts: 30Registered Users
    I have the same problem - my hair is always better after I sleep on it with a pineapple. So I try to wash my hair at night.

I am experimenting with letting my hair dry totally, then putting it up in a pineapple for a while. So far so good - it gives me root volume and breaks up my "root crunch" - but I have to be careful not to scrunch out any crunch from the ends of my hair until I pineapple first. This seems to works reasonably well.

Give it a go!
    2a/2b (FIA 2a/2b F/M i), low porosity (except the ends)

So far liking Natural Soap Bars (Australian Organics / Moogoo) MOP Mixed Greens CO, Boots, Olive Oil DT on ends, KY when rainy/humid
    Unsure/Still Working on: AVC, Tweek, AG Re:Coil, CK (prefer KY), Honey (seems to lighten my hair?)

Need to try protein?

Aussie in working in Kazakhstan...:nike: Home is??

• whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    I hate my Day 1 hair. So I either try to do my hair on day I'm staying home or in the late afternoon when I'm not going back out. I pineapple and take it down in the morning and the do the Triple S - Spritz, Smooth and Scrunch
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • PreciousHoneyPreciousHoney Posts: 254Registered Users
    I flip upside down and put my fingers in at the roots and just kinda rub my scalp losening the hair and then i give it a good shake and scrunch the ends.
    Precious Honey :)
    3c with some 3b at the bottom.
    Im lovin HENNA
    Light protein use

Co-wash: Suave Daily Clarifying Co
    Rinse-out: Back to Basics Pom Peach (old bottle) or GVP Conditioning Balm
    DT: GVP Condidtioning Balm with heat
    Leave in: Elucence MBC
    Gel: HEBE or Aussie Instant Freeze gel.
    Shampoo: Elucence Moisture Balance
    http://public.fotki.com/Precioushoney/

Leave a Comment