Flakes

LadyLboogieLadyLboogie Posts: 109Registered Users
Is it just me or does anyone else have a problem with flakes from any kind of product? I get little flakes that you can see on clothes from conditioners and gels. This is whether they are combined or used alone (conditioner). BTY, putting product in lightly wont work for me, I have enough hair for 3 people!

Comments

• holly8holly8 Posts: 632Registered Users
    Is it just me or does anyone else have a problem with flakes from any kind of product? I get little flakes that you can see on clothes from conditioners and gels. This is whether they are combined or used alone (conditioner). BTY, putting product in lightly wont work for me, I have enough hair for 3 people!

I can get residue from any product if they are not apply to my hair in a certain way but not flakes.I only get flakes from gels.I don't use gels and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] anymore.If I leave too much conditioner in my hair I can get a white residue but I haven't notice any residue on my clothes from it.My hair is very frizzy and puffy right now and it is braided so that probably makes a difference.
    Natural since Jan 2,07
    I did a BC
    Hair type:3C\3B
    Multi-racial hair
    Hair length:Started at neck and ears(in its curly state).In Dec 08 (2 years natural) My hair was somewhere near armpit length with bentonite clay in my hair.

Mission: to obtain healthy hair every day!!

Hair products:homemade products.....

:angel1::love5:
  • holly8holly8 Posts: 632Registered Users
    Right now i'm thinking of getting a shampoo to clarify and after i'm going to do a DT(amla powder and conditioner after).I want to avoid using too much product and having hair for 3 people lol.

I'm hoping that I'll get defind curls after washing my hair and doing a DT.I hate to look for styling products to make my hair go from puffy to defined curls.I always use so much product for that.
    Natural since Jan 2,07
    I did a BC
    Hair type:3C\3B
    Multi-racial hair
    Hair length:Started at neck and ears(in its curly state).In Dec 08 (2 years natural) My hair was somewhere near armpit length with bentonite clay in my hair.

Mission: to obtain healthy hair every day!!

Hair products:homemade products.....

:angel1::love5:
  • sistahmaryisissistahmaryisis Posts: 157Registered Users
    I only got flakes when I was using too much of a product. I have gotten application and amount of product down to a science for my hair now . . . and never see a flake . . . I have a LOT of thick hair as well . . .and because of this I thought I needed a lot of product . . . that was not the case . . . maybe you can scale it back a bit and apply product in sections . . . slathering it in then combing it through (fingercombing will work if you don't like using a regular widetooth comb) . . .the combing will get rid of the excess . . .
  • LadyLboogieLadyLboogie Posts: 109Registered Users
    I only got flakes when I was using too much of a product. I have gotten application and amount of product down to a science for my hair now . . . and never see a flake . . . I have a LOT of thick hair as well . . .and because of this I thought I needed a lot of product . . . that was not the case . . . maybe you can scale it back a bit and apply product in sections . . . slathering it in then combing it through (fingercombing will work if you don't like using a regular widetooth comb) . . .the combing will get rid of the excess . . .

The method you described is how I am currently applying my conditioner (Terri method) but it must be sitting on my hair instead of any of it soaking in. When I was twisting my hair for bed, I started seeing it again. (started using less conditioner as a leave in) My husband said, "the product isnt soaking in". Really?!!!! Ugh. So I slapped some jojoba oil on it.

Its just frustrating. I had a hair routine and for most of the winter wore my hair in buns to protect the ends. Now that its warm enough for wash and go hair, 1) I cant get 2nd or 3rd day hair like I used to; 2) seeing little white (guess flake was the wrong word) flakes once my hair is dry on my clothes.

holly8- I stopped using gels for the most part also. IC Fantasia may work for most but causes the same thing.

I am just happy that you ladies have responded. I was starting to think I was the only one with this problem.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file