Your favorite products from Sallys?

diggitydiggity Posts: 58Registered Users
So far, I am loving the GVP Conditioning Balm I picked up last weekend. I also got Aquelle Healing conditioner and Aura Cherry Almond Bark conditioner.

What are your favorite Sallys products? I'd like to know what to check out next. They don't have to be CG.
3Aish hair, thin and fine-to-medium in texture, couple inches past shoulder length
Routine:
Wash/Condition: Jessicurl GLS, Aloeba, Too Shea
Curly: GVP The Cream (love this)
Straight: Ojon Tunu on wet hair, Aveda Smoothing Fluid and Style Prep Smoother before flat ironing or blow drying

Comments

• EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Posts: 8,792Registered Users Curl Neophyte
  • coxplus2coxplus2 Posts: 181Registered Users
    So far my favorites are the GVP Conditioning Balm and Biotera gel. I have a few more things I'd like to try, though. I also got the Aura conditioner my last trip. What do you think of it? I'm still on the fence. I love the smell, but I'm not sure about the condish itself.
    Somewhere between a 2c & 3a
    Liking:
    -Suave Naturals or VO5 (co-wash)
    -GVP Conditioning Balm (conditioner)
    -L'Oreal Vive Pro Nutrigloss (conditioner)
    -Giovanni Direct Leave-in or GVP Conditioning Balm as leave-in
    -Flax seed gel (my favorite right now)
    -KCCC
    -Biotera Gel
    -HETT mousse
    I have bangs now, and I love 'em!
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The K-Pak knock-off [if you like doing protein treatments].
  • diggitydiggity Posts: 58Registered Users
    coxplus2 wrote: »
    So far my favorites are the GVP Conditioning Balm and Biotera gel. I have a few more things I'd like to try, though. I also got the Aura conditioner my last trip. What do you think of it? I'm still on the fence. I love the smell, but I'm not sure about the condish itself.

I haven't tried the Aura one yet. I figured it probably isn't too conditioning but I couldn't resist that delicious smell. :)
    3Aish hair, thin and fine-to-medium in texture, couple inches past shoulder length
    Routine:
    Wash/Condition: Jessicurl GLS, Aloeba, Too Shea
    Curly: GVP The Cream (love this)
    Straight: Ojon Tunu on wet hair, Aveda Smoothing Fluid and Style Prep Smoother before flat ironing or blow drying
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    Cure care conditioner. It's unscented. :D
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I like the Feria Color Moisturizing Treatment and the Cherry Almond Bark condish.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I like Creme of Nature (both red and green labels); L'Oreal Feria conditioner (white tube; has amodimethicone); Aura Hypoallergenic shampoo (gentle SLES shampoo); Beyond the Zone Noodle Head curl cream. I don't remember what they're called, but I like the hair color wands (look like mascara wands) that color your roots...good for in-between hair colorings.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What's the Aquelle Healing conditioner like?
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • kola626kola626 Posts: 117Registered Users
    I like the Biotera Gel, in fact I love that stuff, plus its cheap sometimes you can get it on BoGo.:blob8:
    HairType: 3A & 3B Fine hair w/color.
    Shampoo: Giovanni TT Poo
    Condish: Suave Color Care
    Condish Method: HEHH
    DT: Virgin Coconut Oil
    My hair LOVES Proteins!!!!:wav:
    Love head massages
  • aneffigyaneffigy Posts: 93Registered Users
    GVP Conditioning Balm, of course. I've also been liking the Aura/Naturelle Hypoallergenic Gel. Leaves my hair very shiny.

-1 for the entire Biotera line. The curl creme and gel made my hair crunchy and dry. And for some reason it smelled like cigarettes to me.
    3A
    Modified CG since 11/14/08!
    Low poo: Trader Joe's Tea Tree
    Co-wash: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea
    Rinse out: Tigi MM, Tigi O&H, Tresemme Naturals Volumizing
    DT: Jessicurl WDT
    Leave-in: Giovanni DLI, Komaza CLI
    Styling: Komaza Coconut Pudding, HE BE gel, KBB Cream to SOTC
  • saronbellasaronbella Posts: 70Registered Users
    I recently made a trip to Sally's and stumbles upon the most AMAZING leave in conditioner in existance. African Royale Daily Doctor. I am a swimmer with 3c/4a, Bigen color treated hair and I am in the pool at least every other day. After I shampoo and condition, I usually use Infusium 23 which does an adequete job but can leave my hair a bit dry from time to time. This stuff by African Royale is freakin amazing. I woke up with soft, moisturized hair for days. I am in love. I don't know where this stuff has been all my life. My only complaint is that if it touches your skin, it can get a bit sticky but other than that, it's AMAZING. I also really love Biotera's Reconstructing Conditioner. The smell blows me away and it's super hydrating
  • coxplus2coxplus2 Posts: 181Registered Users
    I go a denman brush at Sally's yesterday. I used it this morning to distribute my flax seed gel, and WOW---I love it! There were a few posts floating around last fall, I think but I just now jumped on the bandwagon. It was on sale yesterday, but I'm not sure for how long.
    Somewhere between a 2c & 3a
    Liking:
    -Suave Naturals or VO5 (co-wash)
    -GVP Conditioning Balm (conditioner)
    -L'Oreal Vive Pro Nutrigloss (conditioner)
    -Giovanni Direct Leave-in or GVP Conditioning Balm as leave-in
    -Flax seed gel (my favorite right now)
    -KCCC
    -Biotera Gel
    -HETT mousse
    I have bangs now, and I love 'em!
  • jerseygirl07067jerseygirl07067 Posts: 296Registered Users
    I love the Aquelle Healing conditioner too...it's a knockoff of Aquage but I don't know how the ingredients compare exactly. Either way, it's great stuff. Good slip, but silicone free.

I just picked up some of the GVP Conditioning Balm. There were some big fans of it on makeupalley.com so I figured I'd give it a try. It's a knockoff of the Biolage but the scent is a bit different.

Hair Type - medium to fine texture, high porosity, lots of it, type 2b/3a
  • RozettaStoneRozettaStone Posts: 697Registered Users Curl Novice
    GVP Conditioning Balm. There were some big fans of it on makeupalley.com so I figured I'd give it a try. It's a knockoff of the Biolage but the scent is a bit different.

I bought it and tried it this week on Thursday for the first time, too, after raves here. It was *amazing* -- my hair loved it. It felt smooth and slippery and wet, tangles melted away instantly. I haven't had that kind of experience with a CO in memory. I also bought & used a Denman, and I had a really fabulous hair day.

Then I did it all over again on Saturday and my hair was total crapola! :mad: The CO still felt really good but I had no clumping at all. I ended up oiling my hair and putting in in braids, which I don't usually do until third day hair. I'm hoping it's just my Denman technique needs work -- we'll see.

Also from Sally's I love that Aura/Naturelle gel. It's not enough hold for me, but like others say, it really makes my hair very shiny, which is rare.
    2-something? Coarse, medium underneath. Mid-back. On CG since 5/9/07.
    Washing COs: VO5 Blackberry, Suave Cherry
    Detangle and leave-in: Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm -- I found my HG CO!
    Seal with camellia oil
    Leave-in: Aura cherry almond
    Gels: Homemade FSG, Eco-styler
    Plus: SOTC or smooth with camellia oil, JC Nourish & Shine
    Homemade food-based DTs
    RC color
  • freshwaterpearlfreshwaterpearl Posts: 305Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    GVP- Paul Mitchell the detangler. This has amazing slip! I highly recommend it:happy6:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file