cut it?

jazzyminejazzymine Registered Users Posts: 4
my hair is like a 3c pyramid and is really short (grown down halfway down my neck) i really want to grow it out! ive tried cutting the end with a really sharp pair of scissors and it hasnt grown out, im scared itll be stuck like a pyramid forever!
shall i cut it or leave it to grow (ive waited for months and no sing of growing but i do use DT) or get layers (which might take about a year to make it grow back to this length although its short already and could really use some weight in the hair)
what to do???

Comments

• MissConstruedMissConstrued Registered Users Posts: 323
    If you want your hair to grow don't cut it as often. I know how frustrating it is when it seems like it isn't growing, but when you get the urge to cut just get your hair braided. Find protective styles (I prefer braids and ponytails). For growing hair out, patience is important because of shrinkage.
    "The one unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain or unchangeable."

Hair type: 3C
    I am a serial cutter :help:
  • CurlyHazeCurlyHaze Registered Users Posts: 295
    Don't Cut it if you want it to get longer. Is the curl really tight? are you getting a lot of breakage? why are you not seeing any new growth?

find some way to wear it while you are letting it grow, and just try to be patient in the meantime moisture moisture moisture. especially if you get a lot of breakage.
    Very Thick dry 3b BSL.
    Fine, medium porosity
    Right now I am using GVP conditioning balm for cowash and RO,
    my hair loves protein.
    for styling my base is BRHG I can use it alone but prefer with Curl Keeper. I sulphate poo once a month or so as needed.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyHaze/
  • lovely_eirenelovely_eirene Registered Users Posts: 48
    Sounds just like me...I have the exact same hair, exact same problems :/ I don't have any suggestions, but I'll be watching this thread very carefully ^^;;
    Fine 3c type, loves protein. BS length when straight, aiming for BS length when curly!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file