Question? X-Post in Transitioning

VainityVainity Registered Users Posts: 110
Did any of you transition while you were pregnant?
If so, what did you do with your hair during delivery and those sleepless weeks that follow?
Last Relaxer: May 8, 2008
BC: May 27, 2009
My Picasa Album

Comments

• mzmillionmzmillion Registered Users Posts: 874
    sounds like you might want to invest in some braids for delivery and a couple weeks after until you get everything a little more settled and have a little more time for your hair.

Or get a wig for that time. Try hairsisters.com
    4a/b hair that fro's more than curls!
    Co-Wash: Tressemme', HE, Avon
    Leave In: SM Shea Butter Conditioner. SMCH Smoothie
    Deep Treat: Avon AT Masks, Henna, Amla, Avanti
    Stylers: Aloe Vera Butter, Eco Styler on dry hair, SM products
    My Fotki - 1/22
    My Twitter
    My Youtube

• mariag002mariag002 Registered Users Posts: 3,557 Curl Neophyte
    I know that a few people transitioned while pregnant. One was due in February and I haven't seen her post since then so I guess she's tied up at the moment.

I will try to find her Fotki page and post it here for you. Good luck and congratulations on your pregnancy!
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• lisa6lisa6 Registered Users Posts: 543 Curl Novice
    I wore buns or ponytails during my transition. By the time I delivered, I had cut all the relaxed hair off, but I still wore buns/ponytails. When I delivered, I just put my hair in a high ponytail, so I could lay on my back comfortably. I think I wore it like that for about a week or two after delivery. It was very low-maintenance, and my ends were up high and out of the way.
    comic-p.jpg
    4a fine, thin, high porosity
    Poo: SM Y&B, BT TT
    C: HE Reconditioning, Suave Almond and Shea
    DC: CJ CR, CJ RM
    LI: JC DT
    Curl Cream: RN BWCC, CJ CCCC
    Gel: CJ AFG
    Refresher: SM Thickening Mist, SM Y&A Milk, CJ CIAB
    Moisturizer: CJ SL, SM CES
  • MissKinkyCoilyMissKinkyCoily Registered Users Posts: 827
    My friend had her hair braided for her delivery. She had cornrowed extensions which can last from 2-4 weeks. I used to wear both cornrows and individual extentions all the time. Maybe you should consider it. I have found that human hair can last 4-6 weeks and synthetic hair can last 8-12 weeks (probably longer, but that's all I can take). Congratulations and Good luck!
    5 YEARS OF FABULOUS NAPPYNESS
    :wav:

Last Relaxer: August 2003
    Final Chop: October 2004

Photos: http://public.fotki.com/MissKinkyCoily/ : December 2009 Updates

comic-p.jpg
  • hippychichippychic Registered Users Posts: 4,673 Curl Neophyte
    I did braids when preggo... best decision evah :happy11:
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VainityVainity Registered Users Posts: 110
    Thanks to everyone who responded. I'm in week 28 and time is winding down...
    Last Relaxer: May 8, 2008
    BC: May 27, 2009
    My Picasa Album
  • CongolaiseCongolaise Registered Users Posts: 35
    Vainity, I am also pregnant (26 weeks) and transitioning. My hair was in a ponytail during the delivery of my first child and let me tell you, it was a hot mess after 21 hours of labor. My deliver pictures are horrifying! :sad9: This time, I plan to do cornrows with very little extensions tied up in a high ponytail. Good luck with everything.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file