Which one would you use to co wash?

tinahtinah Posts: 1,195Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Of the two product ingredient lists below, which would you use to co wash and which for a rinse out?

My hair is really really dry and I think I need a thicker conditioner for co washing. So, can you check these out and tell me if you see any problems with either of them and let me know which you'd use (if you were me) to co wash with and which for rinse out. Thanks!

First one's ingredients: (ion moisturizing treatment)
WATER ,STEARALKONIUM CHLORIDE ,QUATERNIUM-18 ,ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL ,CETYL ALCOHOL ,STEARYL ALCOHOL ,GLYCERYL STEARATE ,PEG-100 STEARATE ,STEARAMINE OXIDE ,FRAGRANCE ,PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL ,TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM OIL ,PEG-10 SOY STEROL ,PEG-5 SOY STEROL ,DMDM HYDANTOIN ,LECITHIN ,METHYLPARABEN ,IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA ,ZEA MAYS (CORN) OIL ,SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL ,HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN ,WATER ,YELLOW 5 ,CITRIC ACID ,SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL ,RED 40 ,MAGNESIUM SULFATE ,CHAMOMILLA RECUITTA (MATRICARIA) FLWR EX ,WATER ,PROPYLENE GLYCOL ,SYPHYTUM OFFICINALE EXTRACT ,WATER ,PROPYLENE GLYCOL ,PANTHENOL ,HYDROLYZED KERATIN ,WATER

Second one's ingredients: (GVP condtioning balm)
water, propylene glycol, myristyl alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, cetearyl alcohol, decyl oleate, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, parfum/fragrance, propylparaben, hexyl cinnamal, rosemary leaf extract, golden seal extract, fucus vesiculosus/bladderwrack, methyl-2-octynoate.
CG - 3/27/09
3b - dry - medium texture/medium porosity!
Co wash/rinseout/leave in: currently auditioning products
Styling: lube and BRHG

Comments

• onethousandcurlsonethousandcurls Posts: 1,118Registered Users
    I like to look at consistency, but based on what I know about GVP, that'd be a good rinse-out. I have SUPER dry hair (I know about dry, truly), and I still use a cheapy Suave condish to co-wash. You're not really relying on a moisturizing co-wash, and you don't want to spend extra money for the co-wash when it matters less, in my opinion. I'd get a cheap co-wash and then splurge (if necessary, of course) on a rich rinse-out (which you might consider using as a leave-in, too).

I recommend the GVP for rinse-out and Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol, too, while you're at Sally's anyway. Suave or VO5 (I prefer Suave) can get your scalp clean.
    3b/c, CG 9/18/08
    Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
    Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file