Frizz cause?

lisa_jlisa_j Posts: 153Registered Users
I'm new to all this, yesterday was my first day. I used a natural soap bar, followed by a Afro detangler rinse, Kozama Califia Leave-in, Claifia moisturizing cream mixed with some [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curl-Assurance-Aloe-Fix-Hair-Styling-Gel-p-941.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curl-Assurance-Aloe-Fix-Hair-Styling-Gel]CJ Aloe Fix[/buylink] Gel. I used too much leave-in conditioner and my curls were nice, but heavy and drooped before long. Today after rinsing my hair well with in the shower, I used the tiniest bit of leave-in (microscopic amount), followed by the conditioner and gel mix. I have a ton of frizz today. Thoughts? Suggestions?

TIA ~

Comments

• pigreyhoundpigreyhound Posts: 764Registered Users
    Hello -- my first question is whether or not you touched it while it was drying. I had to clip my hair at the roots and leave it alone until it was absolutely dry. Then I could scrunch out the crunch and I had very little frizz. It took me a long time to stop touching my hair while it dried.

Secondly, are you using terrycloth towels to dry your hair? Once I started a curly girl routine, I found using flour-sack towels really helped stopped the frizz.

Good luck!
    Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.
    CG since '08.

Cleanser: (Summer) Beautiful Curls Nurturing shampoo or Kathymack's soap bars
    Co-wash: TJ Nourish
    Protein: CJ Repair Me
    Styling products: (Summer) BB Styling Mudd
    Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    When I use the Komaza Califia, I only use a minute amount of one product at a time--it's VERY rich.
    If you're using too much of these rich products, you could be over conditioned. Especially, if you're not really rinsing it out and adding more.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lisa_jlisa_j Posts: 153Registered Users
    Hi ~ I did used a flour sack type hair towel to dry my hair. I did touched my hair while drying, which is the method I used before I started my new CG routine. I use a diffuser and scrunch while it dries. Granted, the products I'm using are completely different, but I've never had a problem with frizz using this method before.
    Hello -- my first question is whether or not you touched it while it was drying. I had to clip my hair at the roots and leave it alone until it was absolutely dry. Then I could scrunch out the crunch and I had very little frizz. It took me a long time to stop touching my hair while it dried.

Secondly, are you using terrycloth towels to dry your hair? Once I started a curly girl routine, I found using flour-sack towels really helped stopped the frizz.

Good luck!
  • lisa_jlisa_j Posts: 153Registered Users
    Ah, maybe that's my problem. I thought I was supposed to use the leave-in conditioner and the moisture cream, thought one was for conditioning and one was a curl cream. Apparently I got that wring, eh? I also thought I should be adding leave-in conditioner each day, but maybe I got that wrong.

kathymack wrote: »
    When I use the Komaza Califia, I only use a minute amount of one product at a time--it's VERY rich.
    If you're using too much of these rich products, you could be over conditioned. Especially, if you're not really rinsing it out and adding more.
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    lisa_j wrote: »
    Ah, maybe that's my problem. I thought I was supposed to use the leave-in conditioner and the moisture cream, thought one was for conditioning and one was a curl cream. Apparently I got that wring, eh? I also thought I should be adding leave-in conditioner each day, but maybe I got that wrong.

I do use a leave in and a curl creme type product everyday--sometimes more then one. BUT, I'm careful about what I use together. I also use minute amounts of the richer products. I might use AfroDetangler, CJ Coco Coffee CC, AOMM and a little [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curl-Assurance-Aloe-Fix-Hair-Styling-Gel-p-941.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curl-Assurance-Aloe-Fix-Hair-Styling-Gel]CJ Aloe Fix[/buylink] or the Califia LI, DM CCB and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]. Once you know the products a little better, you'll know how much to use and what might work well together.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file