Extremely Frizzy Hair

SuzyQueen85SuzyQueen85 Registered Users Posts: 4
Hello ladies,

I tend to do more lurking than posting, I think I've actually only posted once. Anyway, my question is do any of you ladies have any suggestions on how to decrease frizz? I have been try to keep my routine pretty simple. I co-wash with a cheapie Suave conditioner and deep condition with either Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose or the GDP conditioner once to twice a week then I twist my hair and wear a twist out once it has dried. My twist outs are a bit frizzy but not too bad. My concern is before I put my hair in twist, its just once big frizzball and it is making me hesistant to wear it in a wash-n-go. Also, once my twists are dry and i do a twist out my roots tend to be quite frizzy. All suggestions are welcomed. Thanks!!!

I have attached a few pictures of my twist outs. Thanks again.

I forgot to mention above that I've been using Teri's (biracialhair.org) method of leaving regular conditioner in my hair.

Comments

• ChallahBackChallahBack Registered Users Posts: 80
    i would be intrested to hear this answer as well
    http://public.fotki.com/ChallahBack/

Transitioning from fitting in to standing Out ......

DON't mIND ME I havE AN AdvancEd case of CapS LOck DIharreA
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Registered Users Posts: 5,400 Curl Connoisseur
    Your hair just needs more hold. I would either use a 1) different conditioner to leave in, 2)shea butter with my twists, 3)or a gel.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Registered Users Posts: 5,400 Curl Connoisseur
    You may want to do your twists on wet hair rather than dry hair. I'm basing this on you saying its frizzy before you twist it.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • shakeshake Registered Users Posts: 404
    if you're combing/brushing your hair outside of the shower stop! and if you're not smoothing with a deman type brush in sections with a load of conditioner then you should give that a try. also the type of conditioner you are leaving in may be the culprit.

lately i've been using herbal essence hello hydration to smooth with a deman-type brush in the shower (in sections) and leaving it in then putting aloe vera gel on top of that (also in sections) wrapping with a towel (turbie twist to be exact) for about 10-15 min after the shower to soak up excess water and conditioner. if it's morning i'll take the towel off wrap add a tad more conditioner and aloe gel to the front a put on a satin scarf until i'm ready to go and then let air dry. if it's night then after i put on the satin scarf i sleep and then let finish drying the next day...amazing results either way to say the least...
    comic-p.jpg

http://fotki.com/shake-shake

Peace, Light, and Love
    and also yes twist must be done on wet well conditioned (not rinsed) hair...i use shea butter and liquid gel to do my twists and let them dry for a day...gorgeous results
    comic-p.jpg

Peace, Light, and Love
    last one lol...

i seal my wash and go with glycerin and coconut oil after retouching the front and before putting on the scarf.
    comic-p.jpg

Peace, Light, and Love
  • mzmillionmzmillion Registered Users Posts: 874
    Yea, maybe you should give HEHH a try for leave in... also, try shea butter, it works good and I agree on the liquid gel, QP Feels Like Silk is good, I love it for my hair, it doesnt crunch and you only need a little.
    4a/b hair that fro's more than curls!
    Co-Wash: Tressemme', HE, Avon
    Leave In: SM Shea Butter Conditioner. SMCH Smoothie
    Deep Treat: Avon AT Masks, Henna, Amla, Avanti
    Stylers: Aloe Vera Butter, Eco Styler on dry hair, SM products
    My Fotki - 1/22
    My Twitter
    My Youtube

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    Maybe it's my old eyes but I'm looking at your thumbnails and I'm not seeing frizz. If you want smoother ends, try a twist and curl. Here's a wonderful tutorial on curlynikki's blog
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • Kinks74Kinks74 Registered Users Posts: 394
    I'm with SBB, I see no frizz in that twist out. It looks cute in those pics.
    Kinks, kinks and more kinks :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Goodies: KBB Hair Mask, KBB Deep Condish, JC WDT, Oyin Juices & Berries, Oyin Shine & Define, Oyin Whipped Pudding
    Faves & Raves: Oyin Juices & Berries, KBB Deep Condish, JC WDT, CBSS WSHP, KCCC, Henna :love4:
    Not so Goodies: Proteins & heavy oils...
    Current Challenge: kinky & twisted! (ahem, two-strand twisted) :toothy7:
  • whohoo1whohoo1 Registered Users Posts: 36
    twisting your hair while wet and moisturized with a lotion helps decrease frizz.
  • SuzyQueen85SuzyQueen85 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Hellooo again,

Thank you ladies sooo much for the suggestions. I did my new set of twists on west hair as suggested. I used Silk Elements mega silk leave in creme that I bought from Sally's...it left my hair feeling a little greasy; I think I might have put too much. Anyway, the twist on wet hair with a moisturizer did yield much better results. I think I just need to go through a bit of trial and error in terms of finding the right moisturizer. Thanks again!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file