Confusion

MikelMikel Posts: 26Registered Users
Well, I've got pretty much 3A-3B hair all over my head. BUT, the other day, while casually running my fingers through my hair, a loose strand came out that was naturally a 3C, almost 4A!? Is that normal? Also, I really like that, and if I wanted all of my hair to be like that, could I do something?:afro:

I seem to have quite a large & voluminous blend of 2C, 3A and 3B hair.

Comments

• MikelMikel Posts: 26Registered Users

• lisa_jlisa_j Posts: 153Registered Users
    Hi Mikel ~ I'm new here and can't help you on how to make your hair like that all over, but my hair has always been a real mix of fine to course strands; the fine being fairly straight, the courser the hair the more curly/kinky it is. Some hairs are pretty contorted. I'm thinking what you've found is probably pretty normal.
    Mikel wrote: »
    Well, I've got pretty much 3A-3B hair all over my head. BUT, the other day, while casually running my fingers through my hair, a loose strand came out that was naturally a 3C, almost 4A!? Is that normal? Also, I really like that, and if I wanted all of my hair to be like that, could I do something?:afro:
  • lodylody Posts: 334Registered Users
    I find that single "off my head" hairs I find lying around, like ones that fall off my comb or whatever, tend to be much curlier than the ones on my head. I doubt you have a head of 4a curls just waiting to happen ;) (but who knows! XD)
    3a in Paris
    I use:
    Garnier Ultra Doux conditioners
    High in glycerin conditioners
    As much gel as possible
    Testing out flax seed gel
    Plopping, for around 30 minutes
    Pixiecurl drying
    Pineappling

• WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's normal to have a mix. Even now that my hair has relaxed considerably, I still have the occasional 3c to 4a.

Assuming you're already avoiding at least non-water soluble 'cones and harsh sulfates (at least most of the time), you can make your hair its curliest by making sure your hair is well moisturized, using styling products that encourage the most curl - for me [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] and/or Boot's pink, and using styling methods that encourage and retain as much curl as possible: scrunching in product upside down, at least partial diffusing to get curls started, maybe plopping, and always complete drying before scrunching out product or trying to arrange/style hair.

If all that's too much for a guy, LOL, try just scrunching in plain Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel to encourage curls. Still let it totally dry before scrunching out the crunch. Always keep a brush or comb away from your dry hair - it'll break up the curls and just look bushy.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • MikelMikel Posts: 26Registered Users
    haha thank you everyone

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file