Of the best leave-in: After 6 months its over :(

millie_(A)TCKmillie_(A)TCK Registered Users Posts: 404
After a great 6 months with SheaMoisture leave-in conditioner my hair has gotten used to it and I am left with no idea of which conditioner to now use. I knew this day would eventually come deep down, even though it lasted longer then any other daily product.
Can anyone please help me move from the end of this marvelous relationship? I've tried kinky curly leave-in and it made my hair really hard and I wasn't either happy with mixed-chics. I've heard good about blended beauty but I can't figure out which one to get out of their line? Does Jessicurl have any leave-in's?

Thanks so much for the help
sincerely
broken hearted
3c/4a. Very Fine and Thin.
Moisturizers: QB Burdock Root butter creme, Curl Junkie, Abba Pure Gentle leave-in
Styling Products: Curls Souffle, Curl Junkie Coffee Creme
Curl Cremes: Jessicurl Confident Coils
Conditioners: Deva Curl One, Mixed Chics DC, Nature's Gate Biotin
DT:AO Honeysuckle Rose, Coconut oil.

Comments

• KitathenaKitathena Registered Users Posts: 1,666 Curl Neophyte
    After a great 6 months with SheaMoisture leave-in conditioner my hair has gotten used to it and I am left with no idea of which conditioner to now use. I knew this day would eventually come deep down, even though it lasted longer then any other daily product.
    Can anyone please help me move from the end of this marvelous relationship? I've tried kinky curly leave-in and it made my hair really hard and I wasn't either happy with mixed-chics. I've heard good about blended beauty but I can't figure out which one to get out of their line? Does Jessicurl have any leave-in's?

Thanks so much for the help
    sincerely
    broken hearted

Have you tried KBB hair milk? I just recently started using this and I love it. Also a favorite is Abba nourishing (which is now abba pure moisture, I believe). The new formulation is supposed to work well. Giovanni Direct is also good.

For BB, though I've not tried their products yet, I think the "styling lotions" are supposed to be leave ins.

Good luck and I hope you find a new love!
    00f0fe4a-6e80-4412-94d4-a8bc465cb7ae_zps1be28d8c.jpg?t=1377261778
    My blogs: NewlyNatural.com
    My fotki pw:hair
  • hippychichippychic Registered Users Posts: 4,673 Curl Neophyte
    I'm not really a 'leave-in' type of chic but I have used [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink] and Giovanni. Both were fine. Also, I've read that you can leave a little behind of any of your fave condish as opposed to specifically buying a leave-in.
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • freshwaterpearlfreshwaterpearl Registered Users Posts: 305 Curl Neophyte
    I rotate leave-ins that ones that work for me are, abba pure and gentle,curls by sister smith wsp, ohm hair custard,bwc revitalize leave in, and I just placed an order for the john masters leave in and a dr. bronners leave in.hth
  • HappyNappyEHappyNappyE Registered Users Posts: 108
    For the past couple of months I have been using Cantu Shea Butter leave in and I love it. I guess I need to be searching for a new one soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *No heat until July 9, 2009(my bday)!* SL Challenge :colors:
    ~shea butta baby~
    :sad9:I'm such a PJ!
    :sunny: Haute & Natural blog
  • msjaimmsjaim Registered Users Posts: 948
    i mix my sheamositure with giovanni leave in direct..good stuff...great moisture
  • msjaimmsjaim Registered Users Posts: 948
    btw, yes to cucumber leave in and alba leave in are great as well. these two u can "reactivate" with a nice spritz of water as well
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    Kitathena wrote:
    Have you tried KBB hair milk? I just recently started using this and I love it. Also a favorite is Abba nourishing (which is now abba pure moisture, I believe). The new formulation is supposed to work well.
    Sheamoisture sheabutter leave in works very well with either of these, in fact it is enhanced. I don't use SMSB alone it's too heavy. All you need over either of these is a 1-2 inch ribbon for your whole head.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • millie_(A)TCKmillie_(A)TCK Registered Users Posts: 404
    Alba Leave-in looks promising. Isn't Abba pure leave-in though a spray?
    Moisturizers: QB Burdock Root butter creme, Curl Junkie, Abba Pure Gentle leave-in
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Registered Users Posts: 5,400 Curl Connoisseur

No, it's a nice cream. It's called Pure Gentle conditioner.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • ParatyParaty Registered Users Posts: 394
    I recently ended my quest for leave-ins after a long search and putting away the SheaM for that purpose (it works better for me as a midweek hair lotion on damp hair, and doesn't blend well on my wet hair).

Some things that work well for me with mini-reviews (type 4a/4b):

Giovanni 50/50 hydrating-calming conditioner - Excellent slip, white residue as it dries, but eventually dries clean. I like the way it leaves my hair feeling 'moist' and not simply coated with conditioner. Since this is conditioner-like, in contrast to the SheaM, I seal with something like whipped shea or castor oil to keep the moisture in my hair.

Qhemet Biologics Burdock root buttercream- My favorite leave-in to date. This is meant to be a leave-in, although many people use it as a hair cream, including myself. It can be on the pricey side for some ($16 for 8 ounces), but if you use it for the purpose of a leave-in on wet hair, and not as a hair cream, it will last you a good while. I sometimes seal this if the weather is really dry, but in the summer, I think you can use this in your hair alone without other moisturizing products.

Alba Botanica Leave-in - I have this and I actually use it to mix with my hair creams so that I can apply them to wet hair (like the Qhemet Amla olive heavy cream for instance). However, I don't find it moisturizing enough on it's own so I always have to seal with something heavy. If you're looking for a leave-in just for the sake of applying 'something' as a leave-in then this would be your product. I never really feel a difference in my hair like I do with the Burdock root or Giovanni, but I haven't really experimented much with it, so don't hold me to that.

*I have the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Weekly-Deep-Conditioning-Treatment-p-106.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-weekly-deep-conditioner-treatment]Jessicurl WDT[/buylink] and tried it as a leave-in. It left my hair kind of crispy. I know people who get great results and definition with this as a leave-in so.... I just don't know about leaving a deep treatment in hair. hth.
    Hair • Wellness • Style Blog

Routine: Cleanse Kenra Clarifying, Deep Co with Matrix Biolage Balm + oil (EVOO, avocado, KCPP or Wild Growth oil),:glasses1:Style with Matrix Biolage Balm + KCPP; or Aloe water + KCPP + KCCC; or CR Almond Jai + styler (KCCC, KCPP or Treluxe Hi Def gel); or Treluxe combo (Treluxe UK leave-in, KCPP, Treluxe Hi Def gel); or Eco gel alone (Argan or Olive). Avoiding Buildup with low glycerin, coconut, shea, honey, non-keratin protein.
    Abba Pure Gentle Conditoner is the same as Abba Nourishing
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Thanks ladies, this week I'll get some alba and abba leave-in conditioners. Wish me luck!
  • mixededmixeded Registered Users Posts: 381
    Does Jessicurl have any leave-in's?
    I really like Jessicurl's Weekly Deep Treatment as a leave-in. It has a lot of the same ingredients as their [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Too-Shea-Extra-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-105.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-too-shea-extra-moisturizing-conditioner]Too Shea[/buylink] Conditioner.
    :duckie: Fotki!
    Last relaxer: Feb. 2008
    Big Chop:
    Jan. 2009
    K guys I just checked abba's website and I couldn't find any cream leave-ins. All I could find was pure moisture leave-in treatment and it looks like a spray??
    bump, going hair product shopping today. So if anyone could answer my last hair product questions, I'd be grateful. :toothy8:
  • CongolaiseCongolaise Registered Users Posts: 35
    I am transitioning so I am still trying a few things. I co-washed with HEHH two days ago, then I diluted about 50/50 AO HSR/[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Weekly-Deep-Conditioning-Treatment-p-106.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-weekly-deep-conditioner-treatment]Jessicurl WDT[/buylink] in water. I used as a leave- in conditioner (in a spray bottle). Both my new growth and relaxed hair feels very soft. I have been using the the WDT for my weekly deep treatment and I think I will continue to use the diluted blend as my leave-in. I really like the fact that it does not feel as if I have too much product on my head.
    K guys I just checked abba's website and I couldn't find any cream leave-ins. All I could find was pure moisture leave-in treatment and it looks like a spray??
    Abba Pure gentle Conditioner is the leave-in I use.
    comic-p.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file