What's all the talk about essential oils?...Ever wonder?

curlykyecurlykye Registered Users Posts: 430
Ok so I was diagnosed with high blood pressure 2 years ago but have been trying to maintain my weight, eating habits and stress levels so that I don't have depend on medications for the rest of my life.

Plus, I also plan to start a family with my hubby soon (ok, well I don't know how soon since ever year I keep telling my family...give me one more year and then we'll start (I'm on year 7 right now 8))

So in the process of trying to become a "kitchen mixtresses".....every recipe that I come across calls for some type of essential oil, preservative, carrier oil....and the list goes on. And most recipes that I want to try call for Rosemary EO, Horsetail herbs, etc have a note to not use the EO or herb if you have high blood pressure or are pregnant.

And I found this site that is very helpful in explaining different EO's and the precautious for each and also what you can use as a comparable substitute:

http://www.essentialoils.co.za/essential-oils/index.htm

HTH
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last Relaxer: December 2007
Last Chop of Relaxed Ends/Officially 100% Natural: April 19, 2009

http://public.fotki.com/CurlyKye/

Join me at www.sparkpeople.com (If you look for me, I'm "KyeIsGettingFit")

Comments

• FleurztyFleurzty Registered Users Posts: 795
    I've been reading on them as well. I actually picked up "The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy" and it has a lot of information on which oils to use and for what. In my experience, essential oils WORK. They are worth the price tag. The way I see it, they are the plants bone marrow, the best extraction of the plants' benefits and healing properties. I used to mix things a few years ago when I first went natural but had stopped, and now that I am back on it, they are a staple in my recipes. I'll let you know if I see any good substitutes for rosemary oil. The only one I can think of is ylang ylang and carrot oil but I'm not sure what the safety warnings are on them with your hypertension.
  • mariag002mariag002 Registered Users Posts: 3,557 Curl Neophyte
    I'm also trying to learn more about oils and how it helps with hair growth.

When I used to live in the Dominican Republic back in the very early 80's I remember seeing people put different oils in their hair, but I never really paid attention to any of it. Thought it was a bunch of hoopla LOL
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• mariag002mariag002 Registered Users Posts: 3,557 Curl Neophyte
    curlykye, having a baby is a big decision. You will know when you're ready when the time comes. Good luck!!! :happy11:
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• curlykyecurlykye Registered Users Posts: 430
    mariag002 wrote: »
    curlykye, having a baby is a big decision. You will know when you're ready when the time comes. Good luck!!! :happy11:

Thank you mommy Maria!

You know I've talked about so many people's kids in my lifetime...afraid my baby will come out looking like :cyclopsani:

Or will be a bad a** like :protest::twisted: angry9:

But we have finally decided that we're ready in theory but am I really ready for it? Ooooh my nerves are bad!!! :confused2:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last Relaxer: December 2007
    Last Chop of Relaxed Ends/Officially 100% Natural: April 19, 2009

http://public.fotki.com/CurlyKye/

Join me at www.sparkpeople.com (If you look for me, I'm "KyeIsGettingFit")
  • FleurztyFleurzty Registered Users Posts: 795
    curlykye wrote: »
    mariag002 wrote: »

Thank you mommy Maria!

You know I've talked about so many people's kids in my lifetime...afraid my baby will come out looking like :cyclopsani:

Or will be a bad a** like :protest::twisted: angry9:

But we have finally decided that we're ready in theory but am I really ready for it? Ooooh my nerves are bad!!! :confused2:

I put it off too, not as long as you though. In my experience it is well worth it. I was worried about my kid being bad when I was expecting, but heck... they all are at one point in time j/k. The fact that you're thinking it through speaks of the kind of mother you'll be, a good one :icon_smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file