CurlTalk

Who else loves the IceQueen Method?!!?

I love it! I get clumps like never before! Now-- if I can load my camera I'll show you guys pics.

This might be weird, but I don't use OneC, I just used my plain ol' suave.

Who else loves this?!
:love7: I'm starting to love my hair :love7:

WARNING: I come with spelling errors.

:blob5:Loving the IceQueen Method

:salute:The biggest fight that we will never win, is the one with out hair.

Comments

• jennifermariajennifermaria Posts: 179Registered Users
    I've been away from the forum for a while and would love to find out more (especially if people are having great experiences with it :)). Do you have a link to the IceQueen method?

Thanks!!
    2A or 3A, depending on the day...
    Always experimenting! Current go-to routine: Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo, Pantene Curls Conditioner, Bumble & Bumble Holding Foam, Aussie Aussome Volume Gel
  • masa_innmasa_inn Posts: 306Registered Users
    SephirothsChild15: I love it with all my heart :) The only problem I have so far - I have rather long hair; strands on my crown get tangled every time I use the method. I either have to detangle them right away (this kills clumps and I end up with stringlets); or detangle when hair is completely dry (then I got FRIZZZ). Still need to figure it out...

jennifermaria: here is a link http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=69033
    Brunette, almost BSL length, growing out.
    CG since Feb 2008, modified CG since September 2008.

I now know my texture/porosity!! (TY, Tiffany!) Medium texture; ends on a porous side; new growth - normal porosity.

Wash: Suave; EO Sweet Orange shampoo

Conditioner: GVP Balm, Mango Lustrasilk

Styling: KCCC, BRHG and LA Looks

Want to try: CJ
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users
    Masa I forgot to tell you that sometimes I use my wide tooth comb to comb through my leave-in to help with my roots. It doesn't kill my climps because my hair is still so wet it just clumps right back up when I scrunch.

I love the Icequeen method too!!!:occasion5:
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Masa I forgot to tell you that sometimes I use my wide tooth comb to comb through my leave-in to help with my roots.

Sounds promising! At what point do you comb?

I now know my texture/porosity!! (TY, Tiffany!) Medium texture; ends on a porous side; new growth - normal porosity.

• DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users
    ME!! ME!! :blob: I had problems with Oc'd when I was washing daily but now every 2-3 days it's working great! Especially as my hair gets longer it needs LOTS more condish then when it's first trimmed. LOVE IT!
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
    After I rinse upside-down with cool water I rake my condish in for leave-in (or whatever leave-in is the flavor of the day in my bathroom) then comb from the roots to the ends then scrunch, scrunch, scrunch.
    masa_inn wrote: »
    Masa I forgot to tell you that sometimes I use my wide tooth comb to comb through my leave-in to help with my roots.

Sounds promising! At what point do you comb?
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

masa when you scrunch you want to kind of HOLD the scrunch if you can do the PUMP-N-Scrunch 8 times method (where is that thread???) even better. You want to take your time with scrunching!
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • SephirothsChild15SephirothsChild15 Posts: 208Registered Users
    Oh! That sounds even better. I didn't know when you guys combed. I always did it at the beginning.

:salut:
    thanks for the feedback!

We should totally make this the offical IceQueen thread.

DEL2C wrote: »
    masa when you scrunch you want to kind of HOLD the scrunch if you can do the PUMP-N-Scrunch 8 times method (where is that thread???) even better. You want to take your time with scrunching!
    They are already tangled at the point when I scrunch.

PUMP-N-Scrunch sounds cool and kinda naughty :) Off to search.

:laughing3:
    Discovered CG 2007

Pump n scrunch?

Stuff like this makes me feel outrageously dumb.
    IceQueen, Pump-n-Scrunch, Plopping, PLunking. Besides making us all sound like perverts, it makes a girls head hurt.

Del, I ended up with a bunch of "pump at work" posts /horrible flashbacks/, but nada about scrunching. Is any chance it's called somewhat different? "Pump and scrunch" gave me just 2 non-informative results. Sorry to be a PITA, but it does sound cool. TIA! :love7:

Del, I ended up with a bunch of "pump at work" posts /horrible flashbacks/, but nada about scrunching. Is any chance it's called somewhat different? "Pump and scrunch" gave me just 2 non-informative results. Sorry to be a PITA, but it does sound cool. TIA! :love7:
    HA! You gotta love the Google Search feature!! ;)

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=43377
    Discovered CG 2007

Pump n scrunch?

Stuff like this makes me feel outrageously dumb.
    IceQueen, Pump-n-Scrunch, Plopping, PLunking. Besides making us all sound like perverts, it makes a girls head hurt.
    Hahaha. Also Sephiroths I comb in the beginning too to detangle in the shower.

• Heather LHeather L Posts: 16Registered Users
    I LOVE the icequeen method! I never thought I'd be able to get my hair to clump. I just posted some before and after pics on this forum and there is an obvious difference in clumping. It's amazing how something so simple (and cheap!) can make such a drastic improvement.

Thank you icequeen :notworthy:
    3A mixed with 2C
    CG since December 1, 2008

Currently using:
    Biolage Conditioning Balm
    DevaCare Low-Poo once every 2 weeks
    ArcAngell
    Curl Keeper

Want to try:
    KCCC
    Fuzzy Duck
  • Katina128Katina128 Posts: 560Registered Users
    I just started the Icequeen method and love it too!
    Katina, 3a redhead with spirals/waves
    My Faves:
    CJ CCCC Lite, Mirracurls gel, Marie Dean Curly Styling Cream
  • littlestarletlittlestarlet Posts: 36Registered Users
    After I rinse upside-down with cool water I rake my condish in for leave-in (or whatever leave-in is the flavor of the day in my bathroom) then comb from the roots to the ends then scrunch, scrunch, scrunch

are you combing upside down at this point?
    3b in australia
  • icequeenicequeen Posts: 590Registered Users
    Wow, I'm thrilled this is working for everyone and flattered that it's the "Icequeen Method". I use the "PixieCurl Method" for defusing and owe her tons from a few years ago. What would we all do without each other????!!! Probably spend less on products but at least this is free :)
    3a Colored, Layered
    Currently loving:
    Cond: CJ Strengthing, Marie Dean, CJ Curl Rehab
    Leave -In: Marie Dean Red Clover, Coconut Lime Detangler and just about the entire line, CJ Rehab
    Gelly: UFDCM, Paul Brown Geletine Goo
    Towel - HG - Curls Like Us

Always use the "Icequeen" method for products
    icequeen wrote: »
    Wow, I'm thrilled this is working for everyone and flattered that it's the "Icequeen Method". I use the "PixieCurl Method" for defusing and owe her tons from a few years ago. What would we all do without each other????!!! Probably spend less on products but at least this is free :)
    :notworthy: bow down to the queen everyone :queen:
    Discovered CG 2007

• xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    The front, top and part area of my hair loves this method. The back of my head not so much. I was doing this method for about a week and noticed that the back of my head looked like I was parting it. I realized that is where my shower water was hitting my head while rinsing upside down. Because I do not have a handheld shower thingy it's very difficult to change where I stand and get my hair rinsed properly. So, I think my thin hair was getting 'parted' by the water and I could not get my hair to go the right way after getting out of the shower so, unfortunately, I had to stop using this method. :-(
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • DominoDomino Posts: 287Registered Users
    Okay...the first time I tried this, my hair was AMAZING. My curls and waves (2b/2c/3a) looked like flowing ribbons, people even stopped me on the street to ask where I had my hair done.

The next day I hennaed my roots as usual, then braided it because it didn't have time to dry nicely that night.

Now...I can't get a single clump without frizz...I don't know what's changed...please help me, I look like medusa with those frizzy stringlets :'(
    :king: Priestess Brigit of the Moonlight Oracle in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :king:

Type: Mix of 1c/2c/3a , fine-ish medium, ii/iii, normal porosity
    Lenght: U-Shaped BSL
    Goal: Wavy and clumpy waist length hair
    After I rinse upside-down with cool water I rake my condish in for leave-in (or whatever leave-in is the flavor of the day in my bathroom) then comb from the roots to the ends then scrunch, scrunch, scrunch

are you combing upside down at this point?
    Yep. It's doing wonders for my roots and my frizz.
    Domino wrote: »
    Okay...the first time I tried this, my hair was AMAZING. My curls and waves (2b/2c/3a) looked like flowing ribbons, people even stopped me on the street to ask where I had my hair done.

The next day I hennaed my roots as usual, then braided it because it didn't have time to dry nicely that night.

Now...I can't get a single clump without frizz...I don't know what's changed...please help me, I look like medusa with those frizzy stringlets :'(
    Maybe all that's wrong is it's times for a good DT

I just did one a few days ago...normally my hair doesn't need DTs more than twice a month.
    TIA!
    :king: Priestess Brigit of the Moonlight Oracle in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :king:

I just did one a few days ago...normally my hair doesn't need DTs more than twice a month.
    TIA!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Henna tend to fry you out? Maybe you should go with a protein treatment, or DT.

BEst of luck

xcptnl wrote: »
    The front, top and part area of my hair loves this method. The back of my head not so much. I was doing this method for about a week and noticed that the back of my head looked like I was parting it. I realized that is where my shower water was hitting my head while rinsing upside down. Because I do not have a handheld shower thingy it's very difficult to change where I stand and get my hair rinsed properly. So, I think my thin hair was getting 'parted' by the water and I could not get my hair to go the right way after getting out of the shower so, unfortunately, I had to stop using this method. :-(

Aww I'm sorry. Do you think theres anyway you can turn the water pressure down? Even not putting the flow on full blast might help.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Henna tend to fry you out? Maybe you should go with a protein treatment, or DT.

Well...henna doesn't "fry" my hair, but it feels a little dry for the next day because of all the excessive handling :) So maybe really I need a DT...well, I hoped that I could save my hair for today, but looks like I'll braid it again :happy5:

Would this method work if I didn't leave condish in? And also, is there anything I can do to reduce the frizz all those scrunching causes?

TIA :)

Well...henna doesn't "fry" my hair, but it feels a little dry for the next day because of all the excessive handling :) So maybe really I need a DT...well, I hoped that I could save my hair for today, but looks like I'll braid it again :happy5:

Would this method work if I didn't leave condish in? And also, is there anything I can do to reduce the frizz all those scrunching causes?

TIA :)

I'd make certain I was using LOTS of the rinse out conditioner. Don't forget to scrunch in more once you flip over. Literally, my hair feels like slimy seaweed. Let it sit on your hair through the shower and it should help with the dryness and frizziness.
    3a Colored, Layered
    Currently loving:
    Leave -In: Marie Dean Red Clover, Coconut Lime Detangler and just about the entire line, CJ Rehab

I have the same thing happen sometimes but it depends on how I'm applying products. If I see the back splitting apart after I put clips in, I just add a clip to the back to eliminate the part. HTH!
    3a Colored, Layered
    Currently loving:

• AprilnUtahAprilnUtah Posts: 519Registered Users
    I love the IQ method too! :occasion5: I've adapted it a little to work for me. I don't like conditioner running all over my face when I rinse upside down (not good for my skin), so I low-poo,condition, detangle with a wide tooth comb, and rinse all right side up. Then I put in a dab more conditioner and rake it through really well, like I would a leave-in, then flip over and rinse upside down to get it all going that direction. Then while it's still dripping wet, I put in a dab of leave-in and run my fingers through from roots to ends out away from my head and then squeeze it all back together for more clumping (for me this keeps the back from feeling like it's going the wrong direction at the roots and looking funny in the back). Then I pump-n-scrunch in my other products upside down and voila.:color: The pump-n-scrunch has really helped with product distribution for me.
    April
    3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

icequeen wrote: »

I have the same thing happen sometimes but it depends on how I'm applying products. If I see the back splitting apart after I put clips in, I just add a clip to the back to eliminate the part. HTH!
    Why didn't I think of this? I've just been dealing with it. TY

• xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    Thanks for the clipping suggestions. Unfortunately my hair is quite thin so moving it around sometimes just makes is worse.

What I have been doing is after rinsing the final time in the shower I have been flipping upside down and while my hair is soaking wet I have been raking my hair down a bit (especially at the top of my head around my crown) and then putting in my leave in at that time - doing a bit of raking upside down and then scrunching. This has helped with volume (not as good as the icequeen method but OK) and keeps the back where it should be.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~