need ideas with transitioning.

ginamariexginamariex Registered Users Posts: 13
i got my hair japanese straightened for the last time december 2008. since then my roots have grown in but its taking a while. i would appreciate some easy / cute hair styles that will be easy to do before school every morning or the night before. as of right now i just straighten my bangs and put the rest of my hair in a ponytail or just leave it down, but once my roots grow out more i dont think i'll want to try to straighten all my roots.

i have B2 hair. any suggestions ?
she's sweet sixteen and a beauty queen
last straightening ; december 2008 :tongue6:
I hope to be completely naturally curly by June 2010 for my senior class pictures ♥

Comments

• SwtSabiSwtSabi Registered Users Posts: 18
    yup I'd say you stay away from heat specially for the new growth. It's going to be hard to deal with two different hair texture, am hoping to manage mine by henna treatment once every week since they say it changes the curls pattern making it softer but well I have to research more into it.

So summer is coming, that means you can use many styles like cornrow the front of your hair and leave the rest open plus you can wear that with a bang, just be creative :)

Plus hairbands are good for hiding the new growth if the textures are totally different.

Hope this helped :)
    Happy Reading:study:
    linkbtn-vi.png

Visit my blog hair lovers, merci!

Hair Goal: Natural Length :happy2:
    Hair Status: Transitioning :color:
  • curlycuriouscurlycurious Registered Users Posts: 10
    Hi! i would suggest braid-outs for your hair. because it would blend nicely with you natural hair texture. Just put your hair in a couple of braids at night with some leave in conditioner and maybe a dab of mousse and unravel in the morning. hope this helps.
  • roni64roni64 Registered Users Posts: 20
    i agree with curlycurious. even if you wash your hair and braid it then, you will still get a nice texture when the hair dries. I wear alot of hats and headbands to deal with the two different. You can even try braided hairstyles, like french braids or something cute like that
    Transitioning from july 08 to june 09
    Growing it out to midback by college graduation (may 2012)
    Prob 3b/3c :love10:
  • ginamariexginamariex Registered Users Posts: 13
    thanks everyone :p my sweet sixteen is april 25th and im hoping to find a good hairstyle for that asap lol. i'll be trying the braids, but its difficult because i have layers that range from uber short to like 2 inches shorter than my hair length. haha (:
    she's sweet sixteen and a beauty queen
    last straightening ; december 2008 :tongue6:
    I hope to be completely naturally curly by June 2010 for my senior class pictures ♥

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file