No more Carefree Perm

SwtSabiSwtSabi Registered Users Posts: 18
Hey ya'll,

Yes am a Newbie here, I love this place and am trying to catch up with everyone and the terms used here.

I have a curly head, I never knew the type or even let alone cared about it. All I knew that my hair was not manageable, it was beyond my ability to take. I went through hell and messed it up.

It all started with a tunnel cut from Jonathan, just to reduce my mega super thicker then Diana Ross hair. Now when I look back I don't believe how happy I was walking out of that salon with thin hair. I really hated my own hair back then.

And well my nightmare with my hair ended when I got it curly perm, honest I don't know what I was thinking beside more controlled curls I guess.

So now I have a new growth in my hair God, my ugly hair is back I thought but when I compare it with the permed one I was shocked.

My permed hair is thin plus its wavy to straight (my last perm was on Sep-(2008)-. My new growth is thicker then thickest hair I've seen and curly/kinky but when I add cream on it, it turns soft and creates an S shape beautifully.

So I've decided to go NATURAL and DEAL WITH IT by your help and by researching more.

No more perms for me , I won't get the big chop now but I will cut it slowly over the months that comes.

I'll be wearing protective styles, and will start with a wig or instant weave. No more heats I'm giving away my flat iron that was made by Satan himself.

I'm so serious about this transition and am more happy to find you all :D
Happy Reading:study:
linkbtn-vi.png

Visit my blog hair lovers, merci!

Hair Goal: Natural Length :happy2:
Hair Status: Transitioning :color:

Comments

• mixededmixeded Registered Users Posts: 381
    Welcome!
    Sounds like you're on the right track.

Get thee behind me flat iron.
    :duckie: Fotki!
    Last relaxer: Feb. 2008
    Big Chop:
    Jan. 2009
  • curlycuriouscurlycurious Registered Users Posts: 10
    I second that welcome! it does sound like you're on the right track. i stopped chemically treating my hair in September too so we're on the same time table. maybe we can help each other out.
  • SwtSabiSwtSabi Registered Users Posts: 18
    Thanks a lot for welcoming me :)

curlycurious, did you get a bc yet? I decided to keep my permed hair =) but honestly its driving me crazy as I have been wanting to use that flat iron so bad :(
    Happy Reading:study:
    linkbtn-vi.png

Visit my blog hair lovers, merci!

Hair Goal: Natural Length :happy2:
    Hair Status: Transitioning :color:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file