has anyone used Arbonne line?

elitaelita Registered Users Posts: 402 Curl Neophyte
I just came from a presentation on Arbonne skin care products. They also have a makeup line, baby care line, and a shampoo & conditioner. Has anyone used either of these and can tell me if it's worth the money. I got samples of the baby line, but the ingredients are full of chemicals (not as natural as was advertised). The before & after pics that were passed around were amazing though.
2a underneath, 2b/c on top, medium texture, low porosity, normal elasticity, high density
mod-CG since Feb 2009
HG Combo: CJDF, BCDC & AFL
Other Favorites:
all things Spiral Solutions and Curl Junkie!! :love5:

Comments

• VTmomVTmom Registered Users Posts: 2,487 Curl Connoisseur
    years ago I tried the nutriminC eye cream...I didn't dislike it, but it didn't really do anything any ol' cream wouldn't do
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Registered Users Posts: 5,581
    I got a hand cream in a gift bag from a vendor once. It was tummy smelling and it definitely was a good hand cream. Didn't leave me feeling greasy. But now that I'm taking better care of my hair, I'd rather use all natural oils and butters to moisturize. But I did like it.
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Registered Users Posts: 5,398
    Their candles smell delcious and are long lasting. I would repurchase.

I have samples of their skincare but haven't tried it. When I get around to it, will report a review.
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • tk1970tk1970 Registered Users Posts: 140
    I have tried this stuff. A friend of mine thought I would like it and sent a representive over to my house. She had such beautiful skin so I thought ok I need to try this. It takes so long to do all the steps and after the 5 days I had to try it my face itched like crazy. So, I was kind of happy that it didn't work because it was so expensive and if it worked I would have bought it.
  • scoles222scoles222 Registered Users Posts: 21
    I tried a few Arbonne products maybe like 4 or 5 years ago. They were OK, but didn't really do anything that special for my skin. Since then I've learned to use more "active" products with less fillers & the right concentrations of ingredients. Also have been taking Redcatwaves advice (thanks!) and now my skin is looking great!:blob2:
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    i promised a co-worker i'd go to a presentation at her place on this coming Wednesday because her daughter-in-law is selling it. it doesn't sound promising based on the last two posts.

but i'm looking at it as research...
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • scoles222scoles222 Registered Users Posts: 21
    Well I didn't have any type of reaction like tk1970 did, but I had more of a "no reaction" I guess! The products felt nice & smelled nice, but I just didn't see any improvement in my skin (which is super oily!). I don't even remember what line I used at this point, but I know there was a cleanser & toner in one, an oil absorbing lotion for the day (which I used at night too), and a scrub that I used like 2X a week (what was I thinking?) LOL! :shock:

I stopped using them because it was getting expensive, and I felt like I could get the same results with a drug store brand. Maybe you could just buy a body product or something?
  • memesmemes Registered Users Posts: 785
    Nice enough but certainly not worth the money in my opinion. I like almost everythng I've tried from PSF though. The only thing I haven't really liked is the castile cleanser...I prefer the orange one from Garden of Wisdom.

M
    3A, fine but thick, low porosity, low to medium resilience, protein sensitive but not to silk

Favorites: Anything from Curly Kinks...their system is my new holy grail. Still liking Juice Organics Orange and TJ Refresh Conditioners as all purpose co-wash and rinse outs.
  • elitaelita Registered Users Posts: 402 Curl Neophyte
    Thanks all! Since my original post, I've been using the acne line on & off. It has salicylic acid and is drying so I alternate it with my other products. I really haven't noticed a difference either with the skin vare products.

I do love the baby line, especially the baby oil. It's really gotten rid of my little girl's dry excema patches. There's a sunscreen that's gentle and doesn't cause her to react but it only has an SPF of 30, and I feel babies need a stronger sunscreen.

I like California Baby baby wash and lotion, but l still haven't found anything comparable to the Arbonne baby oil. I'd like to find something that I like just as well that I don't have to order.
    2a underneath, 2b/c on top, medium texture, low porosity, normal elasticity, high density
    mod-CG since Feb 2009
    HG Combo: CJDF, BCDC & AFL
    Other Favorites:
    all things Spiral Solutions and Curl Junkie!! :love5:
  • kellygreen49kellygreen49 Registered Users Posts: 625
    I tried the Arbonne Acne line. It made my face breakout insanely (combination skin). I used it for 4 weeks, I really wanted to like it. >.<
    3A~fine texture
    Cleanser: GiovanniTTTT, Deva Low Poo
    Condish: Deva One C, GiovanniTTTT, GVP Balm
    Styler: Deva ArcANGELL, HESMU, AG Mousse Gel
    Want to try: CJ Gellie, Hand Dry Hair Glove, BRHG
    I <3 second day hair :iconbiggrin:
    Call me a Curltalk Otaku. ~MirCurls
    http://public.fotki.com/kellygreen49/
    PW curlyhair
    Image301-1.jpgcurls1-1.jpg
  • pandoraspoxxpandoraspoxx Registered Users Posts: 248
    Oh well...i will not even bother trying anything from this line..i use almost natural products and my skin is clearing up nicely.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file