Taylor or Katherine...who do you want to win???

Comments

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,614Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Oh thank goodness I'm taping idol so I can see Prince. He's been #1 on my 'freebie list' for 20 years.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • cyndicyndi Posts: 3,341Registered Users
    Meghuney wrote:
    Are you dancing around and singing it out loud, Cyndi?!?! LOL!!

No comment...

I actually did a dance to this song while I was in high school.
    I think that I deceive genius.:happy10:
  • goldilocks777goldilocks777 Posts: 1,020Registered Users
    TAYLOR.

Eh.

BRING BACK PRINCE!
    Dammit. I mean, I knew was going to win, but I was still hoping Kat would win.
  • *Ani**Ani* Posts: 351Registered Users
    that's pretty shocking that taylor won

I didnt think he'd make it past the first few weeks
    On Rush Limbaugh: Rather than engage in the admittedly difficult task of justifying GOP policies rationally, the key to Limbaugh’s success is attracting an audience that actually yearns to be lied to.
  • EliciaElicia Posts: 881Registered Users
    soul patrol :lol:
    :binky::roll::eye:
    national anthem for self-pity :binky:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zawR7VYNdNg
  • SkySky Posts: 58Registered Users
    Was that the Knight Rider crying??
    Oh, well, I won't be buying his album.
  • goldilocks777goldilocks777 Posts: 1,020Registered Users
    I can't believe we have to listen to this piece of trashola again.

BLECH.

Hopefully they give him a better single to release.

I'm just holding out for the soul choir... :lol:
    Is it okay to mention that I'm still upset that Tamyra Gray didn't win season one?
  • *Ani**Ani* Posts: 351Registered Users
    he sounds awful...at least he's not dancing
    On Rush Limbaugh: Rather than engage in the admittedly difficult task of justifying GOP policies rationally, the key to Limbaugh’s success is attracting an audience that actually yearns to be lied to.
  • MeghuneyMeghuney Posts: 4,263Registered Users
    I can't help but to like him.

"C'mon America!! I'm living the American dream!!" :D
    Ok. So I looked at Kat's dress, and I was like: that's kickass.

And then I saw the weird shoulder things.

WTF?

ETA: OK, I take it back. I have now seen THE TRAIN ATTACHED TO HER HAND. I take no issue with the shouder thingies.

I loved her dress!

...Taylor, he's a funny guy...good guy...good heart...but he ain't no idol. This song sucks and he is a lounge singer...I mean this song really sucks. Oh well, atleast he's entertaining to watch...his tick dancing and all..
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    I'm just glad it wasn't Kat.

I'm looking forward to So You Think You Can Dance. It should be a pleasant change.

Sarah

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • MeghuneyMeghuney Posts: 4,263Registered Users
    *Ani* wrote:
    he sounds awful...at least he's not dancing

LOL! Yeah, he does sound bad. But I think I'd sound like Dionne Warwick too if I was up there trying to sing after finding out that I'd won. I wouldn't even be TRYING to sing. I'd just stand there sobbing and laughing at the same time.
    cyndi wrote:
    Is it okay to mention that I'm still upset that Tamyra Gray didn't win season one?

Other than this season, season 1 was the only one I watched. I loved Kelly Clarkson. A whole group of us even went to the first American Idol concert---it was great fun!
  • EliciaElicia Posts: 881Registered Users
    Taylor, he's a funny guy...good guy...good heart...but he ain't no idol

yeah he kind of is now :lol:

if i can't have my true love chris i take taylor :P .
    i can't stand kat . i am glad she lost.
    :binky::roll::eye:
    national anthem for self-pity :binky:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zawR7VYNdNg
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,144Registered Users
    Sky wrote:
    cyndi wrote:

Other than this season, season 1 was the only one I watched. I loved Kelly Clarkson. A whole group of us even went to the first American Idol concert---it was great fun!

I did too. And since Tamyra lived in the DC area(before moving to GA), she got like a 5 minute standing ovation when they came through.
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/shyygirl_2007/
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

http://naturalurbanista.blogspot.com/

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. http://tinyurl.com/3yxneol

DC metro area
  • GurlwithCurlsGurlwithCurls Posts: 129Registered Users
    Simon didn't even want to send Taylor to Hollywood. It is pretty amazing that he made it to the finish line. I know I won't be buying his album, but I just know it will do well -- I think his fan base is as rabid as Clay's --Clay's fans went out and bought multiple copies of the same record :shock: and sold out his tours, etc. "Soul Patrol" is no joke! Ah well, in a perfect world, it would have been a totally different final 2, but given the circumstances, I think the right person won.

At least the Finale rocked! :!: I still can't believe they got PRINCE!!! :shock: :shock: And he sounded amazing!
    3b/c and outta control
  • ChakraChakra Posts: 172Registered Users
    Yeah....Taylor, I love his attitude and his energy but he isn't that great of a singer. I realized how much I missed seeing Clay . His voice is awesome. I'm just glad Kat didn't win.

But OMG, OMG Prince. That man is smokin' hot! I screamed.... literally.... screamed outloud.
  • melloweermelloweer Posts: 2,308Registered Users
    Woooooooooooo [email protected]!!!!!!

You know who was hot...Clay! I was like holy hell he's looking niceeeeeeeee. I loved the hair!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,614Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Yay for Taylor.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    melloweer wrote:
    Woooooooooooo [email protected]!!!!!!

You know who was hot...Clay! I was like holy hell he's looking niceeeeeeeee. I loved the hair!

Please tell me you're joking!!
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    Ok, I'm confused..... why are Kat and Meatloaf singing a Celine Dion song? Or is "All Coming Back to Me" originally a Meatloaf song??

I always thought it had a Meatloafish quality to it.
  • wanderlustwanderlust Posts: 650Registered Users
    Ok, I'm confused..... why are Kat and Meatloaf singing a Celine Dion song? Or is "All Coming Back to Me" originally a Meatloaf song??

I think that you're thinking about "I would do anything for love" or something like that by Meatloaf. The melodies do sound similar.
    I'm glad Taylor won probably mostly because I am from Bama, but other than that, I didn't really care that much.
    Formerly ladyjag123
    ladyjag123 wrote:

I think that you're thinking about "I would do anything for love" or something like that by Meatloaf. The melodies do sound similar.

So when I heard that Kat was performing with Meatloaf, I was expecting the "Anything for love" song because that's kind of a duet. So then why were they singing Celine?
    Nevermind, I get it now. The theme of today's show is odd pairings with random celebrities singing unrelated songs.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    WOOOOOO!!!!!
    I am thrilled for Taylor. I totally get why he won. He is very entertaining to me......dancing and all. I will defintely buy his album. I like his personality...he is humble and real, and I love his voice. I finally got my way this season and I think Taylor winning is a refreshing change.
  • deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    glad to see I am not the only guide up... :P

~d
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
  • smallpeassmallpeas Posts: 162Registered Users
    Sky wrote:
    Paris is showing tonight that she has the best voice of the Top 12. Someone produce a jazz/blues album for this girl already.

She only sounds good singing the style of song that doesn't fit her age, in my opinion. She sounds like she is singing out her nose, it's really nasally when she does anything else....and she tends to oversing too...her voice grates me.
    I was never impressed with Paris's voice. She's only tolerable to me within a certain range. Then I just find it unpleasant. I could never listen to her long enough to figure out what it was about her voice that agitated me. There's a certain insipidness to it for me though.

Personally, I thought Mandisa had the best voice of the top 12.

Taylor sounded much better than Katherine Wed. night. He sounded much better than he did most of the season. Katharine was apparently losing her voice before Tuesday's show and had to get a cortisone shot. That may partially account for all the horrible notes she hit Tuesday.

And PRINCE!!! I flipped to AI right when Prince came out. Shock and disbelief. PRINCE!!! on AI.

ETA: Out of the guys' group performance, I thought Chris sounded the best. He sounded good during his performance with Live too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file