Taylor or Katherine...who do you want to win???

Comments

• medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    What is the show format for tonight? Are they doing their own songs along with an AI song?
  • GurlwithCurlsGurlwithCurls Posts: 129Registered Users
    My understanding is that they will reprise two songs from earlier in the season and then sing the AI single. But they will be singing two different singles, and whoever wins, that is the single they will release (similar to what they did for Ruben and Clay).

I'm not sure what the point of repeating two previously performed songs is. If Katherine does "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and is on the floor again, I will die. I hope Taylor does "In the Ghetto".
    3b/c and outta control
  • MeghuneyMeghuney Posts: 4,263Registered Users
    My understanding is that they will reprise two songs from earlier in the season and then sing the AI single. But they will be singing two different singles, and whoever wins, that is the single they will release (similar to what they did for Ruben and Clay).

I'm not sure what the point of repeating two previously performed songs is. If Katherine does "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and is on the floor again, I will die. I hope Taylor does "In the Ghetto".

LMAO! Had he really performed that song before? I think I would die laughing watching it.
    If Katherine does "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and is on the floor again, I will die.

:lol:
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users

I have heard that they repeat songs because a) the band/arrangers etc. don't have time to prepare for new songs and b) some contestants aren't able to learn new material in that time frame.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• GurlwithCurlsGurlwithCurls Posts: 129Registered Users
    Meghuney wrote:

LMAO! Had he really performed that song before? I think I would die laughing watching it.

Yep, he really did. Totally maudlin, patronizing tune, insipid lyrics but it was the first and only time I thought to myself "okay, Taylor can actually sing."
    3b/c and outta control
    Whatever little bee-bop song Kat just sang really sucked. I don't care what the judges say.

ETA: But Taylor is sounding pretty durned good right now. But with all the silly dancing he does, the only music future I see for him is perhaps becoming the newest member of The Wiggles.
    Taylor doesn't have that Top 40 sound, but I like his voice so much better than McPhee's.
    medussa wrote:
    Taylor doesn't have that Top 40 sound, but I like his voice o much better than McPhee's.

I'm really loving Taylor right now. :D
  • goldilocks777goldilocks777 Posts: 1,020Registered Users
    Good Lord, that is the ugliest purple jacket I have ever seen.

AND

I can't believe we have to listen to McPhee do Somewhere Over the Rainbow again.

10 bucks says she does that same dumb ass sit on the floor move that seems to be so popular when the girls sing a "serious" song (anybody remember Summertime?)

40 minutes till House ;-)
    I really want Taylor to win.
    Oh good lord.

Did I call it on the sitting or what?

I do have to say, as a loyal curly girl, that I prefer her hair the way it was the last time she sang this song.
    That was beautiful! Her father with tears in his eyes made me shed a tear! :cry: That really was beautiful.
    I think Taylor has been much better than usual this evening, and Miss McPhee worse.

I hope Taylor wins as well!

And what is up with her 10 bajillion necklaces?

Does anybody know if something really is wrong with Paula? She always seems crazy to me.
    I think Taylor has been much better than usual this evening, and Miss McPhee worse.

I hope Taylor wins as well!

And what is up with her 10 bajillion necklaces?

Does anybody know if something really is wrong with Paula? She always seems crazy to me.

I'm sorry. That was great. It truly was beautiful.
    Meg-

I thought it sounded better the last time she sang it...did you see it last week?

It still sounded lovely this week (I think she has a nice voice, and does a good job with that song), but it sounded much better to me last week.

Taylor, on the other hand, has sounded much better tonight than he has in the past, to me...
    Meg-

I thought it sounded better the last time she sang it...did you see it last week?

It still sounded lovely this week (I think she has a nice voice, and does a good job with that song), but it sounded much better to me last week.

Taylor, on the other hand, has sounded much better tonight than he has in the past, to me...

No, I missed it last week. So, you could be right. I rarely watch the show, really. But Taylor has my vote regardless. Kat seems sweet, but I really like Taylor.
    I was about to mention that I am only half watching, due to my piggish indulgence of Trader Joe's Pita Chips and Garlic Hummus...so it could be that I just wasn't paying enough attention ;-)

Hm. Not a big fan of the Elton John song that Taylor just whipped out.
    I was about to mention that I am only half watching, due to my piggish indulgence of Trader Joe's Pita Chips and Garlic Hummus...so it could be that I just wasn't paying enough attention ;-)

Hm. Not a big fan of the Elton John song that Taylor just whipped out.

me either. Maybe he should have belted out In the Ghetto. :lol:
    Meghuney wrote:

HA. Maybe he and Kat will pull out a surprise duet ;-)

Have you ever heard the Cranberries version of that? It's hilarious!
    Meghuney wrote:

HA. Maybe he and Kat will pull out a surprise duet ;-)

Have you ever heard the Cranberries version of that? It's hilarious!

OMG, NO!!! And I used to totally LOVE the Cranberries!!

Well, you and I just need to start our own durned chatroom since we're the only people talking about this. I wonder if anyone else is watching. Well, maybe they are REALLY watching instead of chatting on the computer. :?
    I don't like Kat's single. She was off and it sounds too much like Kelly Clarkson's "A Moment Like This".
    She has nice eyebrows.

And I really like the dress.

And, you know, the song really started out well.

But man did things go downhill right before the gospel choir popped out.
    Why do they always give them the dumbest sounding singles???
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,304Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I can't watch AI since I have to watch Stephen King's Desperation, so thanks gals for keeping me updated.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • SkySky Posts: 58Registered Users
    Since Chris is out, I vote Kat.

Grey Charles looks and sounds too much like the Wedding Singer (or as Simon said, the drunk Dad singing at the wedding).
    HA!

Sky, you definitely have a point. I think Kat has much better potential for commercial success... and I truly think she could have a lovely, lovely voice with a little bit of help.

I am curious to know how the 33% of votes that went to Chris will be split -- I have a hard time imagining that Kat would take those over Taylor?

How old is Taylor, btw?
    Ish, I did not like that at all.

I really do not understand why every single released has to end with a soul choir.

I also didn't get the weird head turning thing toward the end...sounded like he was singing into a fan.
  • SkySky Posts: 58Registered Users
    .... I think Kat has much better potential for commercial success...

I think 1,000 times more potential

I am curious to know how the 33% of votes that went to Chris will be split...

I predict Grey Charles and The Ticks will get them, and win.
    These gospel choirs always seem to eclipse and overpower the singer.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file